[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
Serleth wrote:
Discussed here.

If you don't feel like reading, the short answer is: no. Gold amulet.

Awesome thank you for the fast response :)
Check out my Fire Nova Mine Guide (3.2) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774498
Last edited by KikosLive on Aug 10, 2017, 1:39:49 PM
@ Serelth

I've finally completed uber lab and can start from ranger tree, im trying to figure out how to respec out near the duelist portion and the only realistc way I can do this is investing in like.. 70+ refund points..

My skill tree is: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAADuAx4FLQceCdkOSA-rES8RlhNtFAkVIBa_GYoZtBvIHcIfQSP2JIsmiCaVKk0s6S2DLlMwfDE1NZI2PTfUPydDMUd-SRNJUUrITZJRR1O7VYVaGlpSXEBh4mJaYqxlTWqMbIxuaW6qdO11nnXLdoJ673tue8N9dYazhweHy4ngjX2Nfo2_j_qTH5UulwaXIZtdnaqhIqJAo4qly6avp5uomrTRtUi18rcwt7a74702vqe_1cF8wzPDOsSiyAzKRs8Vz93Tb9N-1CPV-Ni92sHfmOKt44TmWOpi62PtP-4O73rw1fGK8pf0-PVv9qP-ug==?accountName=cody331&characterName=TentaclePrOn

Is this what you intended or did I/am I doing it wrong?
Last edited by cody331 on Aug 10, 2017, 8:49:37 PM
Move two points to finish connecting to Ranger start thru proj dmg. Any two points.

Remove from highway towards Duelist as per tree (three points).

Reclaim the two passives you moved, then add another.

Finito.

The reason why you can't remove the nodes on the highway with that tree you linked, is because you are not connected to the Ranger start yet, so the game won't let you because all portions of your tree need to be connected to SOME starting node.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Aug 11, 2017, 2:42:26 AM
What map tiers you guys farming the most?
I'm not MFing this league, but typically I run T7-10s when I do, or T1-2 if I'm looking to spam unid chaos recipes.

I'm mostly spamming Atziri right now. 41 sets today. :/

40 more for the end-game grind, and then... I'm not sure what's next, to be honest. Probably working through the Atlas and looking to push T16s while waiting for Harbinger update to come through next week that will result in Beachhead dropping in price. And also that challenge drops down to 50 instead of 100 runs.
Off-topic

Spoiler
I think it's hilariously bad that the Encounters IV challenge (kill bosses while not taking damage from certain things) so heavily favours ranged builds. I like that they've done something different, but I think it's completely moronic that I either a) have to roll a very specific build style in order to do it or b) buy the completions.
this is the only build for Caustic Arrow I've found updated to 3.0 so far

I'm not looking to do MF, just want something I can play through the content with when i get bored of my other toon, CA looked like a fun skill

too noobish to make my own builds yet

on to my question: You have a section in your FAQ for gearing as a non-MF, but what about the Passive tree? is it the same?
If you want to build it from Scion yeah the tree's exactly the same, there are just a few key differences

* Boots will be rare with MS/life/res
* Sixth link will be Slower Projectiles instead of IIR
* Rings will be rare with life/res
* Jewels can forgo resistances for damage

That said, the build is probably stronger from Occultist for raw damage output and you'd want to build it around ES, but it's not really noob friendly to do it that way. Life is easier due to being able to flask out of tough situations. Also, ES got nerfed for 3.0 and I haven't tried any ES builds yet in the new patch to see how the numbers add up, so I can't readily recommend it 100% but I'm sure there are people running CI CA builds from Occultist doing fine with it.
thank you for taking the time to reply
thank you for taking the time to reply

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info