[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

Am confused about 1 thing in MF. To farm for currency like ex etc.. do we need to have high IIQ or IIQ and IIR. I been reading around a lot and cant seem to find an answer to this. I'v Gone through half of the posts on the thread and other forms and No direct answer to this,

At the moment i got 62% IIQ and 237% IIR with 70% on the gem. If i should go flat IIR or go with Both.

Any suggestions, Am ok with res i can handle T11 and 12.
"
max1982 wrote:
To farm for currency like ex etc.. do we need to have high IIQ or IIQ and IIR.

To find only more currency, all you need is high Quantity.

high Quantity, zero or low Rarity = more currency, lots of white items, almost zero blue, yellow and unique items;
zero or low Quantity, high Rarity = less currency, fewer items in general (but inside them, more blues+yellows+uniques)

Thats why you want a balance, to still have good currency drops and also good item drops (those blue+yellow items translate into currency in the end and also good uniques = currency, from sale)
Last edited by mobutu on Mar 10, 2017, 4:44:30 AM
"
mobutu wrote:
"
max1982 wrote:
To farm for currency like ex etc.. do we need to have high IIQ or IIQ and IIR.

To find only more currency, all you need is high Quantity.

high Quantity, zero or low Rarity = more currency, lots of white items, almost zero blue, yellow and unique items;
zero or low Quantity, high Rarity = less currency, fewer items in general (but inside them, more blues+yellows+uniques)

Thats why you want a balance, to still have good currency drops and also good item drops (those blue+yellow items translate into currency in the end and also good uniques = currency, from sale)

Many thanks for your reply. Ok now its clear to me that IIQ is intact more currency. So i will have to balance IIQ with IIR damn this going to be hard as IIQ is no longer drops and people sell them Items super expansive. I'm gonna swap my IIR gem with IIQ i got 7 IIQ lvl 20 from the old days. Hope i will find some IIQ gear that are not super expansive.

"
max1982 wrote:
Am confused about 1 thing in MF. To farm for currency like ex etc.. do we need to have high IIQ or IIQ and IIR. I been reading around a lot and cant seem to find an answer to this. I'v Gone through half of the posts on the thread and other forms and No direct answer to this,

At the moment i got 62% IIQ and 237% IIR with 70% on the gem. If i should go flat IIR or go with Both.

Any suggestions, Am ok with res i can handle T11 and 12.

Theoretically, to drop the most uniques/rares, you want the product of increased rarity and quantity to be as high as possible - and for the product to be as high as possible, you want rarity and quantity to be as close as possible in value all other things being equal.

However, IIQ is much harder to come by - so in practice, your IIR will always be higher.
=========
In terms of trying to generate as much wealth as possible, IIQ is probably the better stat - IIQ will cause more 6-sockets, more 6-links, more currency, more divination cards, etc. to drop, which represents additional income above and beyond the IIRxIIQ product discussed above (IIRxIIQ applies only to the number of blues/yellows/uniques dropped).
========
Bottom line - you're probably going to be best off by getting as much IIQ as you can - but be sure to get some IIR so that IIQxIIR is as high as possible.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Mar 10, 2017, 6:42:02 AM
"
Serleth wrote:

stuff

Thanks for the input Serleth. I did some mapping last night according to your loot management philosophy and it was definitely more lucrative than my old methods.

I think the hardest part is leaving behind all those 4x2s when you are just starting the map and have an empty bag. I feel like I'm abandoning my loot, but doing this every time I still find more than enough 2x3 and 2x2 items to fill up completely.

The 0.5 ex per hour seems pretty legit: In 3 hours of mapping I made around 80c, 20 fusings, and 200 alts.
Legacy SC IGN: Octora
Standard SC IGN: Octyte
Last edited by Nick42 on Mar 10, 2017, 1:12:51 PM
Pretty stoked. I lost my first silverbough to a power outage in a windstorm earlier this week...but I persevered and started over...bought a second silverbranch / silverwood prophecy and 6linked it in about 120 jewelers and 40 fuse.

To be honest, I'm not even sure I'm ready for this power yet. Took all the defensive nodes in the tree first...and am now picking up damage nodes and fleshing out my gear while I'm farming Merci lakes before I switch over to a rarity gem.

Followed your CA build back in 2.2 or 2.3 I believe and had a blast!

I may level up an Occultist CA build for the deeps as well.
Last edited by crzytimes on Mar 11, 2017, 12:53:00 AM
Was going to build something else this league but with the cheap +3 bow solution I couldn't resist :p
I went CA right after I got my bow (just a 4L) and drillneck (both at lv36) and it's been a breeze ever since. Just go ham on damage as you're leveling (if softcore) and start picking up convenient life nodes around merciless. I've been running nothing but my 4L setup, grace, frenzy and a flame golem. Easy peasy. About to finish up merciless, then I'll have to get a proper 6L bow :p
Sorry if already asked, didn't find it in search, why no exceptional performance?
IGN Flatulencia
"
Focusix wrote:
Sorry if already asked, didn't find it in search, why no exceptional performance?

It hasn't been, actually. At least not that I can recall.

There's no reason to take it. Most mobs will be dead long before even the normal duration expires, and anything that survives the initial cloud is likely to have moved out of range of it as you're kiting, forcing you to lay down more clouds to cover the new territory, where extended duration will be irrelevant.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Mar 15, 2017, 3:04:31 AM
@Serleth
Grats on 36/40 so fast!

Curious about your toon's status though
Spoiler

You seem really frustrated by RNG challenges - but those have always? - or nearly always - been part of the challenge grind.

Hell - you can solve the RNG factor by watching Global/Trade 820 - if on the way to the ridiculous "End Game Grind" challenges you fail to pick up the RNG-gated challenges - well, you can easily purchase them and/or just join a suitable Global 820 group.
===============
Last league I complained about how long it took for the end-game grinds.

This league, it's even worse.

Anyhow, I really don't think that this league's and last league's challenges are at-all on target.

Because, 40/40 now caters to those who are able to play just way more than the average person (who may in fact be quite skilled) can afford to invest.

I'd like to see challenges as they were in Essence League - difficult but accomplishable even for players who cannot afford to invest huge amounts of time into the game.
===================
There's a difference between a game being fun and a game being a time-sink.

A great game would be fun whenever you played it - rewarding play throughout.

A not-so-great game is fun initially, but becomes a grind after awhile - no longer very fun - more of a chore.

WoW was in the not so fun category.

And PoE is now firmly in that territory as well.
=================
Last league 40/40 sucked - and it's worse this league.

Bring back Essence League 40/40 difficulty! Because getting 40/40 in Essence was fun.

Solve the post-40/40 problem by making other content - e.g., races, more rewarding.
===============
In this league it seems to me that we have a watered down Breach/Talisman/Prophecy league. Using the corresponding League Stones is not quite as powerful as the original league.

Meanwhile, the corresponding end-game challenges for each of those leagues is far, far worse than the original leauge.

50 Rigwald kills - are you kidding me? - is anyone in the entire game going to get that?

A shit-ton of Council kills - LoLWut? - Council drops suck now, so there's no incentive to do this grind. And good luck purchasing Council "fragments" or farming them on your own - and even better luck finding a group for Council kills - not happening outside of a guild setting IMO.

Prediction - very few 40/40 players will pursue the Council kills.
==============
Which leaves us with 100 Atziri kills - ugh. But at least you can level gems while doing this.

40 Guardian kills - reasonable. But you may need to purchase a bunch of T16 maps.

100 Breachlord kills - worse than in the Breach league - possibly much worse. Because League stones don't seem to replicate the full effect of the original league. So you now need a crap-ton of Breachlord kills in a league with watered-down breaches.

100 Uber Itzaro kills - hell, why not 1000, or 6000 or something equally ridiculous - very few people enjoy labs. But this league, Council and Talisman end-game grinds really seem impossible - so you're stuck doing 100 lab runs - more if you die. Which means that you'll want to roll a really great lab-running toon - and a great clear speed toon - and a great Uber/Shaper toon - ven diagram - empty.

So roll a bunch of toons for the 40/40 challenges or make due with suboptimal toons - which will probably take more time than biting the bullet and rolling optimal toons.
===================
GGG didn't post 40/40 completion statistics for last league. But I suspect it was far lower than in Essence.

For this league... it's going to be even worse.
===============
GGG needs to make money - and they do this through game transactions - which increases, I suspect, with game participation.

This league - participation is going to crater earlier than last league - as the grim reality of massively time-sink based challenges sink in.

Once more - fun does not equal time sink - fun equals new/exciting content - GGG is way off target this league.
===============
And yeah - I get it that few players pursue 40/40 - but turning 40/40 into an 8+ hour a day commitment for the duration (or nearly so of the league) - is carrying the difficulty of the challenges way overboard.

Last edited by hankinsohl on Mar 15, 2017, 9:37:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info