[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

Yes. Those missing two points after ending act 10 (presumably) are what had me confused. Ty
Theamazonbasin
Can someone tell me what ascendency points I should give - ranger - deadeye?
Thank You
"
ajaxpl wrote:
Can someone tell me what ascendency points I should give - ranger - deadeye?
Thank You

I'd go Ricochet & Deadly Munitions.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Aug 17, 2017, 7:00:15 PM
Plodding my way through Harbinger Hardcore. Do you have a recommended MoM variant of the talent tree? I don't know whether it's worth going into acrobatics if I'm going to use MoM, along with going so far into Duelist vs. picking up other nodes in the witch/templar tree.
If enough requests pop up for it, I'll consider putting one together, but you're the first that's come here actively looking for one, so we'll see how it goes.

In the meantime, a user named Wedrax popped in and showed me his tree, which looked decent, with ~200% life, ~400% damage and MoM (will probably see roughly 1500 mana off it).

I've modified it a bit to go Trickster (he was initially a Ranger of some sort). I'd still pick up Acro, unless you were planning on more heavily investing in eva/es hybrid gear.
Last edited by Serleth on Aug 18, 2017, 1:05:09 AM
Thanks for the quick reply. Is queen of the forest a good idea for early grinding or should I just try to find a rare chest?
QoTF is solid, it's basically a rare chest with scaling MS as long as you have the eva to proc it on the positive side, which isn't that hard to do. Just remember that even if you plan on NOT using Grace when you pick up MoM, you'll definitely need it with QoTF.

When you can equip QoTF (59) you'll be able to use a level 14 Grace gem. With the % eva you get off that tree, you'd need to hit 4277 base eva to break even on the MS with QoTF, so if you get one that's ~2400 with 20% qual, that'll leave you with ~500 eva left to go after the chest + Grace, which is easy to hit with pure eva gear in gloves/hat/boots slots.

Anything else after that is gravy, and high MS is, in a way, its own defense.

Only thing is that it'll lack is the higher life rolls you can get from rare chests, so I leave the option up to you if you'd rather have higher eva/MS, or better life. Both are solid choices.
Dropping in once more...

On reddit there seems to be quite a lot of debate about the worth of Bisco's Collar:

I've been using this and have found that it's quite amazing - the most important stat is increased quantity from normal mobs.

If you equip this collar I think that you'll immediately notice a big difference in currency drops. I certainly did.

Also - you might want to go after extremely valuable card drops with this amulet equipped - that's probably the best use of the amulet although I haven't tried it out personally.

But I think I may try farming The Doctor with this amulet (and other increased quantity items) at some point.

Up to double increased quantity from normal mobs is - I suspect - the strongest MF in the game ATM - up to double currency, cards and 6-socket/6-links from normal mobs is hugely strong. And if you don't mind swapping out collars when facing bosses it's even better.
============
Anyhow, that's my take on the amulet - I recommend that you try it out yourself to see how you like it.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Aug 19, 2017, 2:59:24 PM
This is a direct reaction to boss life.

People are overcompensating for boss killing being less rewarding for time invested by using that amulet. The argument basically is, if you can clear well enough without a good rare amulet, use this and skip the bosses and you'll have the same net effect on currency generation.

And basically all the people jumping on the bandwagon are generating false positives everywhere, not considering things that AREN'T bosses (in most cases).

I don't get it, really (the complaint about boss life). Not taking me that much longer to kill bosses than I would've expected to in 2.6 (exception being it's much more punishing before your build is finished). Maybe like... 30 seconds instead of 15 seconds?

Bottom line, if the amulet was worthless to people before, and it's only worth something NOW because of boss life buffs, then we can determine the amulet is still worthless, and people are just attributing higher value to it because of said psychological compensatory factors.

To be clear, I'm not disparaging you with the remarks above, Hank. I'm just amused that suddenly throwing a bit of MF in is worthwhile to the same people who have been decrying MF as useless for years.

That said, in my experience having tested it before, I felt having higher rarity for boss kills, rares, exiles, etc. did more for me than Bisco's, on the basis of having more sellable items drop per unit killed. And since bosses aren't the only high-IIR units in the game... makes sense to me to keep higher net IIR overall for all mobs considered.
Last edited by Serleth on Aug 20, 2017, 3:39:13 AM
in regards to levelling and weak boss/harbringer dps (currently mid 60's act 9 and about to do merc lab):

What on a bow, other than +bow gems, should i look for to get the most bang at this level?

I read the guide footnote on end game bows, but im a bit confused about what exactly I can get from a bow to up my damage, RIGHT NOW, not end game.

I want to min max as much dps as I can on bosses, even if i have to buy a temporary swap bow to do them.

I currently have a sniper bow with 47-139 damage, +2 bow gems, 85% phys dam increase, +41 dex

my damage is 539 from bow, and 6412 on cloud.

I can one shot most mobs but these boss stages are fing killing me repeatedly (worried about merc lab boss esp).

I am using lvl 16 ed to do harbingers and such, but even that doesnt take enough off bosses to save my butt.

Is there a way to boost boss damage (temporarily) without drastically changing things (eg. passives)?
Theamazonbasin

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info