[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
Serleth wrote:
Waiting until patch notes, but I'm probably going to start with Ngamahu Cyclone Raider. If HoWA doesn't get nerfed, that will be my second build for Shaper/Uber Atziri.

I MIGHT roll CA MF to start though, I think taking one league off from it has fixed the burnout.

Interesting, is it because Ngamahu is easier to start a new league with, as opposed to HoWAs, which will be more readily available only later in the league (assuming to significant nerf)? I found leveling with Hand of Thought and Motion rather fun and fast.
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
"
Jadran wrote:
"
Serleth wrote:
Waiting until patch notes, but I'm probably going to start with Ngamahu Cyclone Raider. If HoWA doesn't get nerfed, that will be my second build for Shaper/Uber Atziri.

I MIGHT roll CA MF to start though, I think taking one league off from it has fixed the burnout.

Interesting, is it because Ngamahu is easier to start a new league with, as opposed to HoWAs, which will be more readily available only later in the league (assuming to significant nerf)? I found leveling with Hand of Thought and Motion rather fun and fast.

You literally can't start with HoTM. The only way for you to get it is going to be to buy it (no sense farming it yourself to level with as your first build... because you'd already be level 80 :P), and it won't be available until late Day 1 or sometime Day 2. Even if you intentionally delay your start time, you'll have no currency to grab it by the time you can use it.

Also, you can expect all Breach items to be about 17x more expensive than during Breach league itself, unless there's another way to proc Breaches outside of League Stones.

I guess if you had a friend willing to buy them for you, then... yeah. But a huge portion of currency generation is done in the first week of a league. That means you want to get to maps, asap.

It's a build that requires preparation, one way or the other. The access-restriction on the claws themselves at the start of a league leaves you with two options. Farm up and then A) Reroll B) Respec.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Feb 28, 2017, 5:35:06 AM
"
Serleth wrote:
Pale Council isn't as bad as it seems, btw, as the end of each Prophecy chain should count as a kill. In other words, for every Pale Council set you complete, THEN run, you'll get 8/400. Meaning you only have to farm up 50 runs.

I'd like to see the same treatment happen for the breachlords. Where if you get their hp to 0 in an open breach portal(the 10 splinter requirement), it counted as a kill. I know this is extremely unlikely to happen, but it would make this one feel just that much easier.

Side note, if anyone has shaped maps they do not want, let me know. I'm working on a map collection and have a long way to go with shaped maps. Need to be better about buying them earlier in the league.
Shaped Atlas WIP (Image)
Fuckin' woooooooooooow

That Drillneck nerf.

EDIT: In all honesty, all this really does for this build is put a bit more pressure to get a CA damage enchanted helmet.

Annoying as fuck though.
Last edited by Serleth on Mar 1, 2017, 3:57:07 AM
"
Drillneck: Projectile damage is now increased by 50% of Arrow Pierce chance. This affects existing versions of the item.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1839765
"
Serleth wrote:
Fuckin' woooooooooooow

That Drillneck nerf.

EDIT: In all honesty, all this really does for this build is put a bit more pressure to get a CA damage enchanted helmet.

Annoying as fuck though.

You can make up the 50% dmg by dropping pierce all together and get Rigwald's Quills. You get up to 50% inc dmg on the quiver (and fork but who cares) and can spend the 4 passive point we used for pierce to get the chaos dmg nodes from shadow start
"
Flouyd wrote:
"
Serleth wrote:
Fuckin' woooooooooooow

That Drillneck nerf.

Annoying as fuck though.

You can make up the 50% dmg by dropping pierce all together and get Rigwald's Quills. You get up to 50% inc dmg on the quiver (and fork but who cares) and can spend the 4 passive point we used for pierce to get the chaos dmg nodes from shadow start

Yeah but the Pierce QoL is pretty great for clear speed for CA, tbh.

It's pretty much a choice whether you want the increased damage to take down tankier targets / bosses, or better pack clear speed.
"
Serleth wrote:
"
Flouyd wrote:
"
Serleth wrote:
Fuckin' woooooooooooow

That Drillneck nerf.

Annoying as fuck though.

Yeah but the Pierce QoL is pretty great for clear speed for CA, tbh.

It's pretty much a choice whether you want the increased damage to take down tankier targets / bosses, or better pack clear speed.

You get fork so it will gives you some extra coverage at least.

Playing around with the tree and no pierce also made me consider dropping the whole outer ring and passing through the middle. And with no acro I tried to make an CI occultist version. This thread is over 500 pages long so i guess you already talked about CI versions. Do you guys have a TL:DR for that?

This is the tree I ended up with http://poeurl.com/4V2
"
Flouyd wrote:
This thread is over 500 pages long so i guess you already talked about CI versions. Do you guys have a TL:DR for that?

This is the tree I ended up with http://poeurl.com/4V2

Yeah, TL;DR is Scion's easier access to free res balance on the tree makes running dual andy easier, and +1 projectile from Deadeye sub-clss makes Carcass just QoL rather than semi-required. And Acro's pretty good. For MF'ing purposes, it's just the most balanced class for CA.
Last edited by Serleth on Mar 1, 2017, 7:10:33 AM
Hi
I dont understand what the drillneck change did?
can someone explain it to me please?
Last edited by ichbinwerichbi on Mar 1, 2017, 8:57:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info