[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
hankinsohl wrote:
Chaos Spam Simulator
Spoiler

I finally knuckled down and spent some time this weekend on my chaos spam simulator.

The simulator is a program which simulates the results of applying chaos orbs to an item.

It uses data-mined mod probability weightings plus the results of some empirical tests I've discussed in previous threads to hopefully come close to what you'd see by spamming chaos orbs on an item in game.

The program takes an xml file as input which contains a description of the item you want to chaos; the xml file also contains whatever requirements you want the item to satisfy.

I've written the simulator such that, if requirements are not immediately met by a rolled item, craftable mods are applied providing that affix space exists. Thus, a rolled item is counted as a successful roll even if you need to apply a craftable mod to meet requirements. Multi-modding isn't supported.

Here's the output for a few simulations.

ILevel 84 Vaal Regalia. Requirement: ES >= 600. 200 iterations, verbose output
Spoiler

Iterations: 200
Item:
Name: body_armour_int
Item Level: 84
Requirements:
total_energy_shield: 600

Requirements met 13 out of 200 tries (6.500%)

Successes:
Rolled 1 times:
Filler Prefix 1
T2: energy_shield=135
T2: energy_shield_percent=120
Filler Suffix 1

Rolled 1 times:
Haku 7: energy_shield=22
T1: es_percent_and_sbr_percent=56
T1: energy_shield_percent=132
Filler Suffix 1
Filler Suffix 2

Rolled 1 times:
T3: es_percent_and_sbr_percent=41
T5: energy_shield=48
Filler Suffix 1
Filler Suffix 2

Rolled 1 times:
Haku 2: energy_shield_percent=52
T1: energy_shield=145
Filler Suffix 1
Filler Suffix 2

Rolled 3 times:
Filler Prefix 1
Haku 4: energy_shield_percent=68
Filler Suffix 1
Filler Suffix 2

Rolled 1 times:
Filler Prefix 1
T3: energy_shield_percent=100
Filler Suffix 1

Rolled 1 times:
T4: energy_shield=72
Filler Suffix 1
Filler Suffix 2
Filler Suffix 3

Rolled 1 times:
Filler Suffix 1
Filler Suffix 2
Filler Suffix 3

Rolled 1 times:
Filler Prefix 1
Filler Suffix 1
Filler Suffix 2
Filler Suffix 3

Rolled 1 times:
Filler Prefix 1
T3: energy_shield=106
Filler Suffix 1

Rolled 1 times:
T4: es_percent_and_sbr_percent=32
Filler Suffix 1
Filler Suffix 2
Filler Suffix 3

The verbose option was used above just for illustration purposes. The simulator treats mods that don't contribute towards requirements as "filler" and consolidates identical rolls based only on the attributes that are relevant.

Verbose output can get quite lengthy so the remaining runs use succinct output. To improve accuracy the remaining runs use 50000 iterations.

ILevel 80 Vaal Regalia. Requirement: ES >= 800. 50000 iterations
Spoiler

Iterations: 50000
Item:
Item Level: 80
Requirements:
total_energy_shield: 800

Requirements met 31 out of 50000 tries (0.062%)

ILevel 84 Vaal Regalia. Requirement: ES >= 800. 50000 iterations
Spoiler

Item:
Requirements:

Requirements met 113 out of 50000 tries (0.226%)

ILevel 84 Vaal Regalia. Requirements: ES >= 800 and int >= 20. 50000 iterations
Spoiler

Item:
Requirements:
int: 20

Requirements met 104 out of 50000 tries (0.208%)

Note - I haven't done anything approaching thorough testing of the simulator so there's every chance that it contains some bugs.

The results above indicate that you'd need about 450-500 chaos or so on average to roll an 800 ES chest. This feels about right - I never hit such a chest after 250 or so attempts.

Interestingly, the results also indicate that if you try to roll an 800 ES chest often times you'll end up getting at least 20 int as well, either on the original roll or by crafting.

Plans to release this publicly once it's done?
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
"
Serleth wrote:
"
hankinsohl wrote:
Chaos Spam Simulator
Spoiler

I finally knuckled down and spent some time this weekend on my chaos spam simulator.

The simulator is a program which simulates the results of applying chaos orbs to an item.

It uses data-mined mod probability weightings plus the results of some empirical tests I've discussed in previous threads to hopefully come close to what you'd see by spamming chaos orbs on an item in game.

The program takes an xml file as input which contains a description of the item you want to chaos; the xml file also contains whatever requirements you want the item to satisfy.

I've written the simulator such that, if requirements are not immediately met by a rolled item, craftable mods are applied providing that affix space exists. Thus, a rolled item is counted as a successful roll even if you need to apply a craftable mod to meet requirements. Multi-modding isn't supported.

Here's the output for a few simulations.

ILevel 84 Vaal Regalia. Requirement: ES >= 600. 200 iterations, verbose output
Spoiler

Iterations: 200
Item:
Requirements:
total_energy_shield: 600

Requirements met 13 out of 200 tries (6.500%)

Successes:
Rolled 1 times:
Filler Prefix 1
T2: energy_shield_percent=120
Filler Suffix 1

Rolled 1 times:
Haku 7: energy_shield=22
T1: es_percent_and_sbr_percent=56
Filler Suffix 1
Filler Suffix 2

Rolled 1 times:
T5: energy_shield=48
Filler Suffix 1
Filler Suffix 2

Rolled 1 times:
Filler Suffix 1
Filler Suffix 2

Rolled 3 times:
Filler Prefix 1
Filler Suffix 1
Filler Suffix 2

Rolled 1 times:
Filler Prefix 1
T3: energy_shield_percent=100
Filler Suffix 1

Rolled 1 times:
T4: energy_shield=72
Filler Suffix 1
Filler Suffix 2
Filler Suffix 3

Rolled 1 times:
Filler Suffix 1
Filler Suffix 2
Filler Suffix 3

Rolled 1 times:
Filler Prefix 1
Filler Suffix 1
Filler Suffix 2
Filler Suffix 3

Rolled 1 times:
Filler Prefix 1
T3: energy_shield=106
Filler Suffix 1

Rolled 1 times:
T4: es_percent_and_sbr_percent=32
Filler Suffix 1
Filler Suffix 2
Filler Suffix 3

The verbose option was used above just for illustration purposes. The simulator treats mods that don't contribute towards requirements as "filler" and consolidates identical rolls based only on the attributes that are relevant.

Verbose output can get quite lengthy so the remaining runs use succinct output. To improve accuracy the remaining runs use 50000 iterations.

ILevel 80 Vaal Regalia. Requirement: ES >= 800. 50000 iterations
Spoiler

Item:
Item Level: 80
Requirements:

Requirements met 31 out of 50000 tries (0.062%)

ILevel 84 Vaal Regalia. Requirement: ES >= 800. 50000 iterations
Spoiler

Item:
Requirements:

Requirements met 113 out of 50000 tries (0.226%)

ILevel 84 Vaal Regalia. Requirements: ES >= 800 and int >= 20. 50000 iterations
Spoiler

Item:
Requirements:
int: 20

Requirements met 104 out of 50000 tries (0.208%)

Note - I haven't done anything approaching thorough testing of the simulator so there's every chance that it contains some bugs.

The results above indicate that you'd need about 450-500 chaos or so on average to roll an 800 ES chest. This feels about right - I never hit such a chest after 250 or so attempts.

Interestingly, the results also indicate that if you try to roll an 800 ES chest often times you'll end up getting at least 20 int as well, either on the original roll or by crafting.

Plans to release this publicly once it's done?

It relies on data mined values which in the current implementation would need to be distributed as part of the program. I'm wary of possible copyright problems - I'd need to get clearance from GGG to distribute it.
Hi
This leage i had not so much time to play as usually.
I played first a ca ranger but was extremly unsucessful with breaches. Then i changed to a double scourge bf assasin and the game was first time good.
Breaches are now no problem and most challenges are really easy with that. The
only problem was that es gear is extremly expensive and so my gear isnt that good and i die a lot in case of stun or freeze.
but its the first leage i only buy the claws the rest is selffound or selfmade.
so the breach leage is for me a big fail. you cant play what you prefere, because you need extrem clear speed to come throught the chayula breach.
And the lab was a pain. Not itzaro but the traps. i played first time es and died >80 in lab. and only 3 times at itzaro because of lazyness.

so i have no idea what to do next leage? I read all the comments but dont understund the area thing (only see many people dont like it).

in case of drop chance of leage stones next leage would it be better to play a mf build or is it still better to play a build what can handle all bosses and has no mf.
(I tried the shaper guardians and had only one down with the mf ca build and with the bf scourge build i can do all of them, mostly not deathless but doable)
thanks for answering
"
Hi
This leage i had not so much time to play as usually.
I played first a ca ranger but was extremly unsucessful with breaches. Then i changed to a double scourge bf assasin and the game was first time good.
Breaches are now no problem and most challenges are really easy with that. The
only problem was that es gear is extremly expensive and so my gear isnt that good and i die a lot in case of stun or freeze.
but its the first leage i only buy the claws the rest is selffound or selfmade.
so the breach leage is for me a big fail. you cant play what you prefere, because you need extrem clear speed to come throught the chayula breach.
And the lab was a pain. Not itzaro but the traps. i played first time es and died >80 in lab. and only 3 times at itzaro because of lazyness.

so i have no idea what to do next leage? I read all the comments but dont understund the area thing (only see many people dont like it).

in case of drop chance of leage stones next leage would it be better to play a mf build or is it still better to play a build what can handle all bosses and has no mf.
(I tried the shaper guardians and had only one down with the mf ca build and with the bf scourge build i can do all of them, mostly not deathless but doable)
thanks for answering

Welcome back Ichi. Long time since I've seen you on the forums.

RE MF or not next league - I think that MF will be pretty much as it always has been next league - a good build for making currency and clearing up to T13 or so with no problems and higher of course if you want to take more time or swap out MF gear. Breaches won't be as common so trouble handling them won't be a big issue.

If you're going to play enough to afford 2 characters you might start with MF and save up for whatever build you pick as your 2nd.

With regard to AOE - it looks as if the developer intent is simply to increase build diversity by encouraging players not to take every single AOE node when making builds. Probably AOE will be about the same as before provided you didn't go hog wild on AOE nodes/gear.
2.6 Challenges
Spoiler

The Endgame Grinds challenge is intriguing. In particular:
* 400 Pale Council Member kills
* 100 Rigwald The Woven King Kills

These two challenges look much more difficult than the others. Realistically you'd need to buy the map fragments for council and you'd want to group.

Ditto for Rigwald - you'd want to purchase sets of tier 5 talisman and you'd want to group.

Assuming full group parties, you'll need to come up with 17 full sets of council fragments/talismen to complete these grinds; and of course, you'd need to find 5 other players to party with.

Probably players will complete the other grinds instead.
===============
The mix of different past leagues in the challenges is interesting. This will necessitate running multiple leagues instead of just focusing on one or two.
===============
Some of the Complete These Encounters II challenges look pretty difficult. But the first two can be bought and the last one seems doable.
===============
Overall, the challenges seem to require about the same time commitment as last league's - however, the 4th end game grind requirement is a pain especially if you don't like running uber lab.

This of course assumes that league stones drop often enough that the 1000 map 3-league challenge isn't partially gated by stone availability.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Feb 28, 2017, 12:30:59 AM
"
hankinsohl wrote:
2.6 Challenges
Spoiler

The Endgame Grinds challenge is intriguing. In particular:
* 400 Pale Council Member kills
* 100 Rigwald The Woven King Kills

These two challenges look much more difficult than the others. Realistically you'd need to buy the map fragments for council and you'd want to group.

Ditto for Rigwald - you'd want to purchase sets of tier 5 talisman and you'd want to group.

Assuming full group parties, you'll need to come up with 17 full sets of council fragments/talismen to complete these grinds; and of course, you'd need to find 5 other players to party with.

Probably players will complete the other grinds instead.
===============
The mix of different past leagues in the challenges is interesting. This will necessitate running multiple leagues instead of just focusing on one or two.
===============
Some of the Complete These Encounters II challenges look pretty difficult. But the first two can be bought and the last one seems doable.
===============
Overall, the challenges seem to require about the same time commitment as last league's - however, the 4th end game grind requirement is a pain especially if you don't like running uber lab.

This of course assumes that league stones drop often enough that the 1000 map 3-league challenge isn't partially gated by stone availability.

Spoiler
50 Rigwald kills.

Somewhere it was mentioned by the devs that Rare Talismans will be more common, and they're looking into changing Rigwald access.

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
I can confirm that you'll have a higher ratio of Rare talismans in the Legacy League, but we haven't yet confirmed how much higher the ratio will be. I've passed on your concerns regarding access to Rigwald and the team will be having a discussion about this.

Source on Reddit

I'll be going Breachlord, Atziri, Shaper Guardians and probably Pale Council.

Shaper / Uber Atziri once again challenges, so likely I'll be rolling HoWA as build #2 and probably Ngahamu Cycloner as build #1 to farm up the requisite currency.

Depending on patchnotes, of course.

The fact that Breachlords are 100 leads me to believe Breaches will be fairly common. Same value as Breach league itself.

There's apparently also a recipe for league stones. If you can deterministicly craft Breach Leaguestones in some way, should be fairly easy.

Pale Council isn't as bad as it seems, btw, as the end of each Prophecy chain should count as a kill. In other words, for every Pale Council set you complete, THEN run, you'll get 8/400. Meaning you only have to farm up 50 runs.

Prophecy League Stones will also enable you to farm a lot more silver coins, meaning sealing Prophecies won't be as painful and thus you can force the Pale Council prophecies more frequently.

Farming Reach of the Council is profitable early as well so you could just buy 100 sets and make bank.
Last edited by Serleth on Feb 28, 2017, 1:06:12 AM
@Serleth
Spoiler

Good call on prophecy sealing - I didn't think about that.

Interesting too about Rigwald access.
@hank
thanks for the nice welcome. I read frequently the thread but sice i played another build i dont post.
As i wrote some times in the thread i hate lvl. So i will only do one build. Your chaos golem build sounds funny if it has a decent clear speed.
And with the challenges. I hate so many challenges with luck. Normaly i dont buy challenges (bought only shaper kill from the 32 this leage). And need only 2 cards for the 33 with the card sets. But never see a unique strongbox or a chayula lord or chayula unique)
buying challenges is like cheating for me. So if you want to make this new challenges there is no way to come past 30 with no buyin them i think.

Did you have a plan for the golem build or was it only a nice idea without background?

@ serlet
What build this leage. You have a idea or plan or are you waiting for patch notes till you decide?
"
@ serlet
What build this leage. You have a idea or plan or are you waiting for patch notes till you decide?

Waiting until patch notes, but I'm probably going to start with Ngamahu Cyclone Raider. If HoWA doesn't get nerfed, that will be my second build for Shaper/Uber Atziri.

I MIGHT roll CA MF to start though, I think taking one league off from it has fixed the burnout.
"
@hank
thanks for the nice welcome. I read frequently the thread but sice i played another build i dont post.
As i wrote some times in the thread i hate lvl. So i will only do one build. Your chaos golem build sounds funny if it has a decent clear speed.
And with the challenges. I hate so many challenges with luck. Normaly i dont buy challenges (bought only shaper kill from the 32 this leage). And need only 2 cards for the 33 with the card sets. But never see a unique strongbox or a chayula lord or chayula unique)
buying challenges is like cheating for me. So if you want to make this new challenges there is no way to come past 30 with no buyin them i think.

Did you have a plan for the golem build or was it only a nice idea without background?

@ serlet

>> Did you have a plan for the golem build or was it only a nice idea without background?
No plan - just something I was thinking about.

I actually looked a bit more into the BoC golem build - though it might work, I don't think I'd recommend it. You'd probably have to invest too many passives for high golem life and then you'd probably need another 6-link for the golem itself. Which means that your CA damage will take a hit and with the extra 6-link you'll be gem-slot starved and will need to forego utility gem setups.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info