[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
First what I see, speed benefits SO MUCH. I really doubt goldwyrm is good enough. Run, click, run, click, enemies dead. Running just like additional layer of defense. Sure 2 speed flasks helps, but it helps on long runs, during fight u spam and click too much, to include one more switch(actually 2) to rotation.

a) Base speed is almost irrelevant for any MF'er whose intent is to pick up most of the drops. You're stopping too much to make it worthwhile to invest in speed with something like QotF, high MS rare boots, certain Ascendancies. Hence the dual quicksilver, the second of which is largely to help cover off when you have to do a lot of backtracking. Maps like Grotto or Tower come to mind for this.

"
Second, on HC league perfecting this build, with all craft and buying stuff, not sure, at the end of the day, this build is support-farm build for main char, it should not take half league to equip farmer. Ill be back with more feelings after 5-6 levels advance.

I had this build fully geared, other than the Empower gem, on day 3. That took me about 16 hours of play. That included a 6L, dual andies, Goldwyrm, and Drillneck. I got the +arrow Drillneck (4ex) the next day.

If it takes you half a league to equip a farmer, it's not an issue with the build.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
So, can I use Silverbough for leveling? Which level should I aim for a better bow? Thx :D
Silverbranch* yes, but CA isn't a very good levelling skill. You would be better off levelling in a normal phys bow type setup and transitioning from Storm Cloud or something into Roth's Reach, then Death's Harp to carry you into maps. If you wanted to level with bows
thank u for share this build, i will try later
@hank

You buy out the rare items?
"
Serleth wrote:
@hank

You buy out the rare items?

I had 4 of the 6 bases complete already. So I then bought out some white/blue Fingerless Silk Gloves and Spiked Gloves, spending at most 1 fuse on each of them, and used those to complete the challenge.

For me, it's a waste of time trying to hunt them down yourself.

The only other challenges gated by running lots of instances are the "Claim these Essences" and "Complete three Endgame Grinds."

But you can double-dip on these, finding the essences while doing the endgame grinds. But whatever you run for the endgame grinds won't help finding the new bases so I decided to just buy them - and for well under 4c spent, totally worth it.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Sep 20, 2016, 3:54:36 AM
Cool.

I'll hunt for them myself, probably. I'm going to need to farm up currency anyway in order to afford to buy the maps for the end-game grinds / guardian maps, so I might as well at least give it a go. Gonna be a few exalt of chaos, esp considering I want to solo everything down and not buy vaal temple kills or whatever.

I'm 3/5 on a few base types already, so it shouldn't be an issue. Besides, I gotta try attrition down the last essence I need, might as well just crush a bunch of maps and generate currency while I go hunting.
"
Serleth wrote:
Cool.

I'll hunt for them myself, probably. I'm going to need to farm up currency anyway in order to afford to buy the maps for the end-game grinds / guardian maps, so I might as well at least give it a go. Gonna be a few exalt of chaos, esp considering I want to solo everything down and not buy vaal temple kills or whatever.

I'm 3/5 on a few base types already, so it shouldn't be an issue. Besides, I gotta try attrition down the last essence I need, might as well just crush a bunch of maps and generate currency while I go hunting.

The Atlas bonus is really nice. For sure you'll need to do a bit of grinding - but if you chisel and roll 14s and 15s for packsize/quantity, you'll generate a surprising number of high tier maps:

I also have a couple of Colosseum's for sale.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Sep 20, 2016, 4:55:50 AM
Spoiler

=)

While I was farming some Warbands today.
Some thoughts on the build I'm running this league. Off topic unless you're looking for a second build to kill Guardians/Shaper.
Spoiler

This league I'm running a triple-totem, Ancestral Warchief build.

Base DPS at the moment is 110K per totem x3 = 330K DPS.

For bosses, I replace Increased Area with Concentrated Effect and get 175K per totem x3 = 525K DPS.

Vaal Haste and flasks (Lion's Roar and Atziri's Promise at the moment) take burst DPS to 360K/totem x3 = a little over 1 million DPS. Toss in Vaal Lightning Trap and Taste of Hate and it gets truly crazy.

And I went Chieftan for taunt on totems plus 1% life leech - the more popular variant is Berserker for 40% more DPS.

Currently I don't even have Taste of Hate or Vaal Lightning Trap and I don't like using Lion's Roar because knockback from that flask pushes mobs out of reach of my totems (you can sometimes compensate for this by surrounding your target with the 3 totems).

I've cleared all the T15 bosses so far as well as Phoenix and Hydra. I had an issue with Chimera when he enters into the fog clouds which should be resolvable by switching my preferred movement skill (Lightning Warp) to Flame Dash.

Clear speed with this build is nice, on par with Caustic Arrow even in T16 content. AOE is quite good for a totem build.

So if you're looking for a build to kill T15+ bosses and you enjoy the totem playstyle, this build is worth your consideration.

Gearing isn't too expensive either. You can buy 6 Celestial Justicar cards for a 6-link Astral Plate. I bought my Facebreakers for 40c and my Abyssus for about 120c. So maybe 6ex or so for a good setup which you can then min-max out with better jewelry and jewels. My current gear probably cost a total of 9ex or so.

My gear:

Skill tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEDAAHcBAcEswbDCPQLYQ3NEMwRLRQgFgsXjBo4HM4c3B8CJy8qEytQMZ4yCTLRNZI64TwFPC09Xz38RUdFnUd-TLNQR1JTU1JVxlhjWOVZ81orXl1fP2VNZlRmnmebaFho8mpDbEZtGW87cg9ybHKpdn9343gNeyB7jHuzfIN82X7gg1-DzIPbg_eExITZidiPGpBVlG-XeZeVl_Sa4J5Xn9-iAKPyplemo6eUqW6sqq4-r2yvp7Xytz65fr02vqfAGsBUwGbEWMT2xgTGrs9n0B_R_deW2L3kUevu7w7vfO_r8B_yRfZI9zL4k_4K_lT-hw==

Last edited by hankinsohl on Sep 20, 2016, 7:06:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info