[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

I'm really liking the build so far. Thanks!

A couple questions:

How important is 20Q? I'm looking at buying a level 21 gem, but they all the ones listed are 0Q.

Do I need a level 3 empower to beat out slower projectiles? The tooltip with a level 2 empower is less than slower projectiles, but not sure if the tooltip is misleading.

"
hankinsohl wrote:
Some thoughts on the build I'm running this league. Off topic unless you're looking for a second build to kill Guardians/Shaper.
Spoiler

This league I'm running a triple-totem, Ancestral Warchief build.

Base DPS at the moment is 110K per totem x3 = 330K DPS.

For bosses, I replace Increased Area with Concentrated Effect and get 175K per totem x3 = 525K DPS.

Vaal Haste and flasks (Lion's Roar and Atziri's Promise at the moment) take burst DPS to 360K/totem x3 = a little over 1 million DPS. Toss in Vaal Lightning Trap and Taste of Hate and it gets truly crazy.

And I went Chieftan for taunt on totems plus 1% life leech - the more popular variant is Berserker for 40% more DPS.

Currently I don't even have Taste of Hate or Vaal Lightning Trap and I don't like using Lion's Roar because knockback from that flask pushes mobs out of reach of my totems (you can sometimes compensate for this by surrounding your target with the 3 totems).

I've cleared all the T15 bosses so far as well as Phoenix and Hydra. I had an issue with Chimera when he enters into the fog clouds which should be resolvable by switching my preferred movement skill (Lightning Warp) to Flame Dash.

Clear speed with this build is nice, on par with Caustic Arrow even in T16 content. AOE is quite good for a totem build.

So if you're looking for a build to kill T15+ bosses and you enjoy the totem playstyle, this build is worth your consideration.

Gearing isn't too expensive either. You can buy 6 Celestial Justicar cards for a 6-link Astral Plate. I bought my Facebreakers for 40c and my Abyssus for about 120c. So maybe 6ex or so for a good setup which you can then min-max out with better jewelry and jewels. My current gear probably cost a total of 9ex or so.

My gear:

Skill tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEDAAHcBAcEswbDCPQLYQ3NEMwRLRQgFgsXjBo4HM4c3B8CJy8qEytQMZ4yCTLRNZI64TwFPC09Xz38RUdFnUd-TLNQR1JTU1JVxlhjWOVZ81orXl1fP2VNZlRmnmebaFho8mpDbEZtGW87cg9ybHKpdn9343gNeyB7jHuzfIN82X7gg1-DzIPbg_eExITZidiPGpBVlG-XeZeVl_Sa4J5Xn9-iAKPyplemo6eUqW6sqq4-r2yvp7Xytz65fr02vqfAGsBUwGbEWMT2xgTGrs9n0B_R_deW2L3kUevu7w7vfO_r8B_yRfZI9zL4k_4K_lT-hw==

Looks verfine.
There is another good build for shaper & guardians. Which is the best?
"
dagrumm wrote:
I'm really liking the build so far. Thanks!

A couple questions:

How important is 20Q? I'm looking at buying a level 21 gem, but they all the ones listed are 0Q.

Do I need a level 3 empower to beat out slower projectiles? The tooltip with a level 2 empower is less than slower projectiles, but not sure if the tooltip is misleading.

It's nice to have the quality, but it's not required. You will probably want to offset this with a +arrow Drillneck, though. It does make a difference.

Yes, level 3 Empower is required in order to beat SP.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Hi, sorry if this has been answered before, but I'm looking for a CA build to try out and came across this one. I've done some reading elsewhere and people talk highly of Occultist vs Scion due to the interaction between soul strike and wicked ward. Any thoughts on that? I've never actually built a CI char so it's a bit intriguing.
Last edited by dperls on Sep 20, 2016, 4:05:50 PM
"
Slimak1980 wrote:

Looks verfine.
There is another good build for shaper & guardians. Which is the best?

I'm not sure what other build you're referring to.

Several builds/build variants are very good at killing Guardians/Shaper - which is best probably boils down to which is most fun for you to play or perhaps which has the easiest time making the kills on the least budget.

Popular builds for Guardian/Shaper kills seem to be Blade Vortex and Ancestral Warchief.
"
dperls wrote:
Hi, sorry if this has been answered before, but I'm looking for a CA build to try out and came across this one. I've done some reading elsewhere and people talk highly of Occultist vs Scion due to the interaction between soul strike and wicked ward. Any thoughts on that? I've never actually built a CI char so it's a bit intriguing.

CI MF is nowhere near as reliable when you have three unique slots taken up (Goldwyrm, dual Andvarius / Ventor). That's a *LOT* of missing ES, with no way to flask out of danger.

Not suitable for our purposes.
Hello ;)
Regarding Wither, which corruption is best for this build, 21/20 or 20/23?
Thanks!

Last edited by mobutu on Sep 20, 2016, 6:51:05 PM
20/23

Wither is mostly used for single target, so AoE isn't beneficial, while increased duration allows you to generate more simultaneous stacks.
"
Serleth wrote:
Wither is mostly used for single target, so AoE isn't beneficial, while increased duration allows you to generate more simultaneous stacks.

So then this must be a mistake (you probably meant duration not aoe, as the optional fourth link)? Quoted from your original post:

"
Serleth wrote:
u]Damage Boost & Utility[/u]
  • Wither - Spell Totem - Faster Casting to help kill bosses, and the occasional tankier blue/rare or high chaos resistance mob, Wither totem is your friend. Increased AoE could be added as the fourth link, but is not required.
Either one works. Say you're running a T14 increased monster life map. You're gonna be dropping a lot more wither totems even for white golems, so aoe would help out there. But yeah, duration's the better option, generally, as the focus is primarily for single target dps boosting.

Will edit. Thanks for pointing that out.
Last edited by Serleth on Sep 20, 2016, 7:19:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info