[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

Good day sir,
nice build and u r great answering questions.
I have one u probably answered billion times. According to my screen, my Shadow 71 got 63 int pure, skilltree application shows same. It's pretty far from 120(125) we need. What slot you recommend to get to this amount, eq/jewels/maybe tree modification?
Scion has an easier time of it thanks to Occultist, that's for sure.

I recommend the following:

a) Path to the Shadow jewel socket along the right side instead of the left like so. This will cost an extra point, but give you 20 int.

b) If you're fine carrying a mana flask for some 40%+ reduced recovery maps, drop Soul Siphon for Mana Flows. This will add another +20 int, bringing you up to 103.

c) The remainder you get from one piece of gear. This usually ends up being the amulet.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
"
Serleth wrote:
Scion has an easier time of it thanks to Occultist, that's for sure.

I recommend the following:

a) Path to the Shadow jewel socket along the right side instead of the left like so. This will cost an extra point, but give you 20 int.

Alternatively, it looks like you can take "Wisdom of the Glade" for +30 int and 1 point.
Right, that would allow you to keep Soul Siphon, but only bring you up to 93 int, putting the requirement on gear up to 27-32 int, which could potentially get expensive once you're in the territory of stats that replace a passive point.

I'd say it depends more on the market, I guess, because Soul Siphon really is that good for reduced recover.
Great guide! I have some questions about your skill choices if you have time.

1) Why go for Master of the Arena - just for the 1% regen? Doesn't seem worth it to me, but I could be wrong. When I use bloodrage I have basically no regen, which makes me not want to use it. Maybe you take this node to help with that.
2) Why Soul Siphon over Primal Spirit? I must be missing something, but that one seems like a no-brainer.
3) I wasn't planning to take Piercing Shots, but you use IIR instead of Pierce. Pierce gives me a significant damage boost, and PS won't fully compensate. Thoughts there?
4) Why not take the final (and best?) Evasion and Life node? I haven't done the math but isn't +12 base better than 5%?
5) Finally, I took the physical damage and chaos damage nodes all the way back, whereas you took the Frenzy charges. Is your way more damage?

Thanks again for the great guide. I'm just starting getting into CA after 6-linking my ilvl 84 Maraketh bow. Hoping to run this build until the end of the season for once.
IGN: Abovethelaw_
I'm loving the new Atlas map system.

So many maps provide a huge variety of encounters. Lots of fun.

Better still, the map drop bonus makes it possible to see high level maps much more frequently. I'm glad that GGG no longer uses map gating as a means of making it hard to get to level 100.
"
Abovethelaw wrote:
Great guide! I have some questions about your skill choices if you have time.

1) Why go for Master of the Arena - just for the 1% regen? Doesn't seem worth it to me, but I could be wrong. When I use bloodrage I have basically no regen, which makes me not want to use it. Maybe you take this node to help with that.
2) Why Soul Siphon over Primal Spirit? I must be missing something, but that one seems like a no-brainer.
3) I wasn't planning to take Piercing Shots, but you use IIR instead of Pierce. Pierce gives me a significant damage boost, and PS won't fully compensate. Thoughts there?
4) Why not take the final (and best?) Evasion and Life node? I haven't done the math but isn't +12 base better than 5%?
5) Finally, I took the physical damage and chaos damage nodes all the way back, whereas you took the Frenzy charges. Is your way more damage?

Thanks again for the great guide. I'm just starting getting into CA after 6-linking my ilvl 84 Maraketh bow. Hoping to run this build until the end of the season for once.

1) Yep, that's exactly why. Also helps for vuln / reduced recovery maps to keep the automated charge generation going.

2) Reduced recovery maps. Mana on kill allows you to avoid swapping to a mana flask unless it's 60% or no regen.

3) 90% off this tree. 80% if you run with an additional-arrow Drillneck. Still worth.

4) Unnecessary, but if you break level 93+, go nuts. The guide is intended to be for 88-92, which means that point is better spent on a frenzy charge / jewel socket.

5) Frenzy charges are multiplicative. I don't know about "way more," but it's significant enough to warrant making the decision.
the battle hank serlet in challenges is stagnant 34:31 for hank :-)

Its the first time i think in a leage that hank is so long time higher then serlet.

Whats with your new build serlet ?

i cant cheat and look in your charakter list :-(

any news :-)
Unfortunately I've been forced to spend the past few days farming exclusively to fund it. Which is why Hank is ahead of me, I've been doing zero progression on challenges since ~Thursday.

That'll change tomorrow.

=)
I've actually just been waiting for Serleth to catch up. Didn't want to embarrass him too badly, after all.

Spoiler

Kappa.

The Challenges I have remaining are all either luck-gated (e.g., Identify Rare Items), huge grinds (e.g., Complete End-game Grinds) or just plain difficult (kill Guardians/Shaper).

I've been making progress on all of them, albeit not extremely fast.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info