[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

Hey Serleth, once again having a blast with this build after being out of the game for a couple of months.

Sorry if this was already covered but Gripped Gloves implicit isn't doing anything for us since it says projectile attack, right?
Correct.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
here is my gear in essence :

BEST Defensive Hubris mirror service : /view-thread/1868006
I am about to start my first ever HC char, still trying to decide between the Shadow and Scion variant.

For anyone who has tried both what is the difference in DPS stats?
Can any Shadows in here post their DPS?

I'm thinking maybe with careful play and some more defensive nodes I could still go Scion, as i really prefer the bigger AoE.

Thanks in advance
"
Frysk wrote:
here is my gear in essence :

Hey, what kind of movement speed modifier are you getting with that setup?
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
D2HoliC wrote:
I am about to start my first ever HC char, still trying to decide between the Shadow and Scion variant.

For anyone who has tried both what is the difference in DPS stats?
Can any Shadows in here post their DPS?

I'm thinking maybe with careful play and some more defensive nodes I could still go Scion, as i really prefer the bigger AoE.

Thanks in advance

I haven't done this, but assuming all jewel rolls would be equal to the stats listed on the OP, where Scion gets ~24410 tooltip in a finished build (CA 21 - Empower 4 - Conc - Rapid Decay - Void Manipulation - IIR) with all charges up, a Shadow Trickster build that opts for AoE instead of Void Manipulation or Rapid Decay would see roughly 18,360 tooltip (CA 21 - Empower 4 - Conc - Rapid Decay - AoE - IIR).

Nothing wrong with doing Scion in HC, but you are going to want to really focus on life on all your jewels, complete Phase Acro, and drop some damage for either Thick Skin or Profane Chemistry, possibly even going so far as to run with at least one lower-rolled Ventor's to add a bit of extra life. Or alternately, two high-rolled quantity Ventor's so that you can swap Goldwyrm for rare boots with 25%+ MS to help you escape situations.

My personal recommendation is to drop one Andvarius for even a high-rarity, high-life second ring. The flat life + all the extra percentage on the tree would push you past 5.2k life.

About my movement speed i got 200 ms with this flasks, 49 without
BEST Defensive Hubris mirror service : /view-thread/1868006
"
Serleth wrote:

This is EXPLICITLY if you want to get a dual-res bow. Otherwise, use one of the aforementioned methods.

• Mastercraft Dexterity (Vagan, level 2)
  • Regal the bow, did you hit Sharpshooter’s (+2 level of Socketed Bow Gems)? If not Scour and start over
  • Remove the mastercrafted Dexterity (Tora, level 7)
  • Mastercraft “Can have multiple Crafted Mods” (Elreon, level 8)
  • Mastercraft “Cannot Roll Attack Mods” (Caterina, level 8)
  • Mastercraft a random suffix / random prefix so you only have one prefix slot left
  • Exalt the bow, you will hit Paragon’s (+1 level of Socketed Gems)
  • Remove the mastercrafted mods, (Tora, level 7)
  • Mastercraft two resistance rolls (Tora, level 5)
  • Mastercraft (15 to 30)% increased Damage over Time (Leo, level 3)

how much will this avg cost? cheapest 6l bow is 3,8ex atm

there is a bow for 15ex right now with dual res just so i know whats the better option
"
Allexiel wrote:
"
Serleth wrote:

This is EXPLICITLY if you want to get a dual-res bow. Otherwise, use one of the aforementioned methods.

• Mastercraft Dexterity (Vagan, level 2)
  • Regal the bow, did you hit Sharpshooter’s (+2 level of Socketed Bow Gems)? If not Scour and start over
  • Remove the mastercrafted Dexterity (Tora, level 7)
  • Mastercraft “Cannot Roll Attack Mods” (Caterina, level 8)
  • Mastercraft a random suffix / random prefix so you only have one prefix slot left
  • Exalt the bow, you will hit Paragon’s (+1 level of Socketed Gems)
  • Remove the mastercrafted mods, (Tora, level 7)
  • Mastercraft two resistance rolls (Tora, level 5)
  • Mastercraft (15 to 30)% increased Damage over Time (Leo, level 3)

how much will this avg cost? cheapest 6l bow is 3,8ex atm

there is a bow for 15ex right now with dual res just so i know whats the better option
This process costs 6ex, a bunch of regals, a couple scours, and some misc. lower currency. Add in another 4ex for the base bow, and you're looking at ~10ex all told.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
Correction.

A 6L base is 50c.

Steelwood (mini-Maraketh) is 1.5 atm.

Cheapest Steelwood 6L +3 is 5ex.

Low rolled dual res, non-Maraketh weapon +3 is 6ex.

Net cost is around 7-8 ex for a dual res self-crafted bow with minimum 20s for res.

In other words, if you're just looking for a +3 bow you might as well straight up buy the 6L.

If you're looking for any-tier Maraketh dual-res +3, currently still worth it to self-craft.

Keep an eye on the market for when you're ready to go for it. You may be able to pick one up for the same cost.
Last edited by Serleth on Sep 18, 2016, 3:21:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info