[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

Only two exalt drops in challenge leagues starting from Awakening (2.0), thru Talisman (2.1) and Perandus (2.2).

Making up for lost RNG apparently. Shavs + four raw exalt drops so far in Prophecy.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
First of all, thanks for this fun build, pretty awesome to play it.

Got a question, I have this corrupted Drillneck:

Since it doesn't have the 10% piercing implicit, do you think I should get a normal one or is the extra arrow better than the piercing chance?

Thanks!
Extra arrow = greater AoE = faster pack clear speed.

You won't notice the missing 10% damage.

Besides, level up once, you got your damage back.

Keep the arrow.
@Serleth, nice drops this league! And only 5 away from your full 40, seems like you should have this wrapped up in no time.

Saturday was spent with Eternal Masters(RG aggro is pretty fun), but at least on Sunday a friend shared a Unique Strongbox, and I managed one upgrade.
belt
Still working on 6L'n my bow, but there is still time yet in the league.

Here is hoping for a decent continuation of this week too.
Thanks =)

It's pretty much all grinds from here out.

* Izaro/Voll
* Masters/Shrines
* Large Hideout (can you tell I don't like doing rotations anymore?)
* Last Prophecy chain
* Maps from bosses

The Prophecy chain is the only RNG-ish one left and the only expense-related one, if I want to try speed it up. Buy coins and cycle with seals to get them to trigger faster.

That's a fricken nice belt man =)
Last edited by Serleth on Jun 13, 2016, 1:36:08 PM
"
Serleth wrote:

It's pretty much all grinds from here out.

GRINDING Gear Games :-)

Pff, in previous challenge leagues it was more like TRADING Gear Games.

Glad they're a bit more true to their moniker this time.

=)
Speculation about the worth of fuses in Prophecy and the impact on magic find - skip if not interested
Spoiler

Fuses in Prophecy took a big valuation hit at the start of the league.

The player base overestimated the availability of the 6-link Fated Connections Prophecy. Consequently, a lot of players thought that fuses would be far less valuable since an alternative 6-link mechanism would be available.

Once the rarity of the Fated Connections Prophecy became apparent - there's only 2 available in Softcore Prophecy at the moment (similar in Hardcore Prophecy)- fuse prices started to climb because those wanting to 6-link their items found out that the only reasonable way to 6-link was to buy fuses.

At the same time though, and completely surprising to me, it seems that The Jeweler's Touch Prophecy is rather common. So common in fact that it's far cheaper to purchase The Jeweler's Touch to 5-link than it is to purchase fuses.

So what does this mean for he price of fuses in Prophecy?

Fuses will be less valuable in Prophecy than in past leagues for 2 reasons.

1) Some of the player base will cling to the expectation that the Fated Connections Prophecy is common enough to cause a dramatic decrease in the cost of fuses. I don't think that this is true at all based on poe.trade availability and price of this prophecy.

2) The supply of fuses will increase somewhat - perhaps quite a bit - due to the affordability of The Jeweler's Touch Prophecy; instead of spending fuses, players will purchase The Jeweler's Touch to 5-link - fuses not spent on 5-linking will increase the supply of fuses for other purposes. This will tend to drive the price of fuses down.

Bottom line - Magic Find takes a hit in the Prophecy league because alts/jewelers/fuses are worth a bit less. Moreover a portion of the player base seems to think that fuses are worth a lot less, further suppressing fuse prices.

I still think that Magic Find in Prophecy is worthwhile though. But I think you'll probably make 10 to 20% less this league than in past leagues - give or take the ever present randomness/luck in finding items/currency - because you won't be able to sell orbs for as much profit as in the past.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Jun 13, 2016, 2:26:05 PM
"
Serleth wrote:
Pff, in previous challenge leagues it was more like TRADING Gear Games.

Glad they're a bit more true to their moniker this time.

=)

Touche!
"
hankinsohl wrote:
Speculation about the worth of fuses in Prophecy and the impact on magic find - skip if not interested
Spoiler

Fuses in Prophecy took a big valuation hit at the start of the league.

The player base overestimated the availability of the 6-link Fated Connections Prophecy. Consequently, a lot of players thought that fuses would be far less valuable since an alternative 6-link mechanism would be available.

Once the rarity of the Fated Connections Prophecy became apparent - there's only 2 available in Softcore Prophecy at the moment (similar in Hardcore Prophecy)- fuse prices started to climb because those wanting to 6-link their items found out that the only reasonable way to 6-link was to buy fuses.

At the same time though, and completely surprising to me, it seems that The Jeweler's Touch Prophecy is rather common. So common in fact that it's far cheaper to purchase The Jeweler's Touch to 5-link than it is to purchase fuses.

So what does this mean for he price of fuses in Prophecy?

Fuses will be less valuable in Prophecy than in past leagues for 2 reasons.

1) Some of the player base will cling to the expectation that the Fated Connections Prophecy is common enough to cause a dramatic decrease in the cost of fuses. I don't think that this is true at all based on poe.trade availability and price of this prophecy.

2) The supply of fuses will increase somewhat - perhaps quite a bit - due to the affordability of The Jeweler's Touch Prophecy; instead of spending fuses, players will purchase The Jeweler's Touch to 5-link - fuses not spent on 5-linking will increase the supply of fuses for other purposes. This will tend to drive the price of fuses down.

Bottom line - Magic Find takes a hit in the Prophecy league because alts/jewelers/fuses are worth a bit less. Moreover a portion of the player base seems to think that fuses are worth a lot less, further suppressing fuse prices.

I still think that Magic Find in Prophecy is worthwhile though. But I think you'll probably make 10 to 20% less this league than in past leagues - give or take the ever present randomness/luck in finding items/currency - because you won't be able to sell orbs for as much profit as in the past.

I'd like to point out the disparity isn't quite as large as you're making it out to be.

Spoiler
Usually by this point in the league chaos:ex ratios have already exceeded 75, possibly even 80:1.

For the past three days, the ratio has sat fairly even at 60:1, and only just today has chaos spiked a bit to 64:1.

The reason for this is partly for the reason you mentioned fuses eventually calmed down, but not to the degree that we've seen before: Yes, Fated Connections is rare as hell, but Jeweler's Touch is now a well-known alternative for 5Ling your items. Granted, it does not 6S your item, it's 5S5L, but still, for 30c (roughly 75 fuses), you're able to 5L your item.

As such, in a weird twist where you would figure more people would be investing in chaos rather than hoarding it, you're seeing a lot more expenditure for the Jeweler's Touch, not only for the 5L but for the challenge as well.

You would think this supply/demand relationship would actually drive the cost of purchasing chaos up, but the more consistent flow of chaos seems to have resulted in something of a struck balance.

We'll have to see, like I said, whether or not this holds as people such as myself who are rushing to 36+ start to reach their goal, but at the moment anyway we have this:

2.2 Prices One-Weekish in
Chaos: 75:1ex
Fuses: 130:1ex (there was a massive spike before it settled down to 110-115 later on).

2.3 Prices One-Weekish in
Chaos: 64:1ex
Fuses: 155ish:1ex

Notice: That 15 or so chaos difference in 2.2 = 30 fuses.

In other words, when you combine the net cost of chaos/fuse : 2 ex at a fuse equivalent in the ratios per league you get:

2.2: ((75 * 2) + 130 = 150 + 130 = 280 fuse
2.3: (64 * 2.5) + 155 = 315

So yeah, we're still behind in effectiveness a little bit, but your premise lies entirely around the fuse:ex ratio rather than accounting for the fact that chaos:ex is not what it was in 2.2 either.

Thereby, I think your estimate of 10-20% less currency/hr is a bit high. That 35 fuse difference can be easily made in an hour.

10% might be accurate, but 20% is definitely overshooting it.

Again, this might change depending on where fuse/chaos finally settles down as the economy is still sorting its worth out.

Last edited by Serleth on Jun 13, 2016, 2:58:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info