[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

I have to praise this build again! Yesterday I luckily bought 6l +4MS bow for 55c and started to run T8-11 maps, it is very fun and profitable. Even if you don't find some expensive uniques, you always sift through helluva lot of rares, occasionally finding and selling good ones. And on top of that (in the base of that, actually :-), you have steady, guaranteed flow of alteration orbs, which are convertible to very liquid (i.e. sellable) fuse orbs. We are just brute-forcing RNG :-)
In my casual farming (~30 maps?), I accumulated over a thousand of alts and now wait to level Vorici and Elreon to lvl 6 both, in order to convert them to fuses at nice ratio of 5.12 to 1.

Additional note for noob players like me: don't underestimate flasks! After getting 2 seething flasks, my survivability improved manifold. After getting 2 quicksilver flasks, it skyrocketed! Along with clearing speed, of course. And with our killing speed, it is extremely easy to have them active continuously. Before, temporal chains affix on a map was a complete stopper for me, and now it is not even a nuisance.

For more convenience, I recommend using a simple macro that alternate gulps from a pair of flasks via single key. Then you don't have to alternate manually - that was quite irritating for me before. I use <spacebar> for seething flasks (if I need to cancel bleeding or freeze, just hit it two times) and <c> for quicksilvers. If you anyone interested, I'll post macro source here.

P.s. Can't find any option to make my characters public, even with googling. Where is it situated? Can you see my character presently?
Edit: Found it. Still, someone, check if my characters are accessible, please.
Last edited by Sutyrin on Jun 12, 2016, 4:04:56 PM
"
For more convenience, I recommend using a simple macro that alternate gulps from a pair of flasks via single key. Then you don't have to alternate manually - that was quite irritating for me before. I use <spacebar> for seething flasks (if I need to cancel bleeding or freeze, just hit it two times) and <c> for quicksilvers. If you anyone interested, I'll post macro source here.

This is bannable. You cannot have a macro that even semi-automates your flasks.

Do not post it here.

"

Edit: Found it. Still, someone, check if my characters are accessible, please.

Yes they are.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
"
Serleth wrote:

This is bannable. You cannot have a macro that even semi-automates your flasks.
Do not post it here.

After some googling, I guess that it is borderline illegal macro, to my surprise. Of course, I'll not post or mention it further.
Thanks.
"
Serleth wrote:
I forget where it is quickly but someone's done a video of it.

It was in the guide all along :P
The source of crafting method 2 is a reddit post where cladcladclad has a video linked of him crafting a bow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OphDnjgLOTM

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Sup, Great build am loving it.. still Pretty noob with it but a great change of pace from my usual lightning builds..

While leveling i'm pretty much following the build.. but have one question though about Skill rotation and how to manage it...

3 Button skills i use for Caustic/frenzy/blink

the 5 number skills are the issue

I share Clarity/grace on q
blood rage on w
wither totem on e
Vaal trap on r
pet on t

This still leaves cast able Rallying Cry... of which i have no button for ...

I don't have portal yet but would share that with pet maybe?

am i missing something ... any help would be appreciated.

*** Also on a side note wit piercing shots/deadeye & drill neck i'm only getting 90% pierce.. am i missing something here as well?

*** while i'm at it why master of the arena?? just the 20 str?
www.twitch.tv/gakthorne

Betrayal : RF/JUGG
Last edited by Gakthorne on Jun 13, 2016, 1:25:38 AM
"
Gakthorne wrote:
the 5 number skills are the issue

I share Clarity/grace on q
blood rage on w
wither totem on e
Vaal trap on r
pet on t

This still leaves cast able Rallying Cry... of which i have no button for ...

I don't have portal yet but would share that with pet maybe?

am i missing something ... any help would be appreciated.

*** Also on a side note wit piercing shots/deadeye & drill neck i'm only getting 90% pierce.. am i missing something here as well?

This is why I don't golem anymore. Not enough hotkeys. Golem/Warcries are optional. Take your pick which one.

But you can free up a hotkey slot by casting your auras, then doing something else there.

Eg, I use "E" to bring up Grace and Clarity, then I swap "E" to Blood Rage.

Given that you're not using portal, this will free up room for your Rallying Cry.

My own personal setup is

• Left Click - Move only
  • Middle Mouse - Vaal Lit Trap
  • Right Mouse - Wither Totem
  • Q - Frenzy CoH
  • W - Blink
  • E - Blood Rage (auras when I need to activate them)
  • R - Caustic
  • T - Portal

One trick you can use, which I prefer not to personally, is set your golem to Left Click. Unless you press "Shift," it will effectively function as a move-only button.

Lastly, no, 90% Pierce is what we get now. We aren't aiming for 100%. It's only 10% increased damage after all, so using Poacher's Aim (25% total damage) is a bit of a waste because we can get two damage affixes that basically cover that, PLUS a life/resistance roll on the third affix on a rare jewel.

The last 10% is just a bit of missing QoL utility but you'll find you won't often need the second shot to pierce packs. So it's not a big deal.

Master of the Arena is for life regeneration to cover off Blood Rage's degen.
Last edited by Serleth on Jun 13, 2016, 1:28:21 AM
@Gakthorne
I pretty much have a similar hotkey arrangement to Serleth's shown above.

I also have Bone Offering among my gems - useful to semi-yolo lock boxes and to remove Necrovigil and Shrouded mobs. I temporarily switch my golem hotkey to bone offering when needed.

Another trick some people use is to put summon golem in a link with CwDT to free up a hotkey - of course you'll need to find gem slots for this which might not be available depending on which optional gems you're using.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Jun 13, 2016, 1:50:04 AM
Thanks for the craft Serleth.. much appreciated!!
You're welcome =)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info