[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
DamianTaps wrote:
Sorry for this question, but I want to know.

Compared to other MF builds, where can you place this? In terms of clear speed/magic find in gear/late maps? For low, maybe med funded player (so no +3 6L bow with lvl 3/4 empo).

I can't answer this because I prefer the playstyle of this and haven't explored other MF builds, and I don't know follow the forums to know what builds are even out there.

Someone else will have to pick this one up.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
My gear is currently this one:

I play in HC Perandus (shadow/trickster tree) and i have 4.1k hp + ~400 Shiel, around 9k eva without any buffs or pots and im really scared of getting one shotted doing merciless labirinth. Should i be worried? If its a yes, what itens should i buy or which setups should i use? Thank you very much for the build and for the help .
Last edited by Reizek on Mar 14, 2016, 10:21:53 PM
"
DamianTaps wrote:
Sorry for this question, but I want to know.

Compared to other MF builds, where can you place this? In terms of clear speed/magic find in gear/late maps? For low, maybe med funded player (so no +3 6L bow with lvl 3/4 empo).

I've tried magic find on various builds:

* Dual Totem (flame totem, bladefall totem, flame totem converted to chaos)
* Explosive Arrow
* A bit with a trap build
* Caustic Arrow

What I've found is that the Caustic Arrow build in this thread is better in terms of magic find than the above builds.

What I especially like about this CA build is that:

* It's easy to gear. You can start MF on a budget 5-link and then bit by bit accumulate the rest of your gear.

* It's pretty easy to cap resistances - just make sure to get high resists on your chest and belt when starting out.

* DPS and survivability don't take a huge hit even when magic finding.

==========
All-in-all, as long as you enjoy a ranged attack play-style, I think you'd really like this build.

I might also add that if you're stuck or want advice with your build, I've found that support from contributors to this thread - especially Serleth and Chrono but from many others as well - is outstanding. Questions are answered quickly and the atmosphere in this thread is very friendly.

If you choose another build, help might not be as easy to come by.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Mar 14, 2016, 10:35:52 PM
"
Reizek wrote:
Spoiler

I play in HC Perandus (shadow/trickster tree) and i have 4.1k hp + ~400 Shiel, around 9k eva without any buffs or pots and im really scared of getting one shotted doing merciless labirinth. Should i be worried? If its a yes, what itens should i buy or which setups should i use? Thank you very much for the build and for the help .

I don't normally do gear checks anymore, but I'll make an exception in this case.

Basically, you swap out Carcass, unique MF rings and Goldwyrm for the highest evasion and life gear you can afford when you need to worry about doing difficult content.

4.1k is a bit low for Merciless Lab.

Get about 4.8k and you'll be fine.

Life on your helmet, gloves and belt is fairly low, too. And you have no life to speak of on your amulet. Fix all of that for difficult content stuff. Just get as survivable as you can with shitloads of eva and life.
"
Serleth wrote:
"
Reizek wrote:
Spoiler

I don't normally do gear checks anymore, but I'll make an exception in this case.

Basically, you swap out Carcass, unique MF rings and Goldwyrm for the highest evasion and life gear you can afford when you need to worry about doing difficult content.

4.1k is a bit low for Merciless Lab.

Get about 4.8k and you'll be fine.

Life on your helmet, gloves and belt is fairly low, too. And you have no life to speak of on your amulet. Fix all of that for difficult content stuff. Just get as survivable as you can with shitloads of eva and life.

Thank you so much for the help and keep up with the good work. This build is amazing.
maybe i missed this discussion, but is there anyway to modify or change the items for speed running merc lab??

like certain uniques and gem links for optimization?

thanks!
IGN: Arcmaimed
"
Statusblue wrote:
maybe i missed this discussion, but is there anyway to modify or change the items for speed running merc lab??

like certain uniques and gem links for optimization?

thanks!

Either be willing to spend a lot of chromes to constantly be changing your colours, or get a spare +3 bow, chromed identically except for the IIR slot, which you'll change to green to run Pierce or Slower Proj (doesn't matter which, identical damage increase), swap out MF gear for survival gear (high eva, life, 30% MS boots).

S'about it.
gear update:
Spoiler

the very next step is to get empower 2 or 3 and rechrome the bow, taking out the slower projectiles for it. And divine my one Andy.. bleh I always delay this, hate RNG.

Then I'll refine helmet / gloves / belt / maybe amulet and be done with the gearing, looking out to get better quality gems.

it's a blast guys :)

if you need a proper crafter head over to VielarCrom's service (/view-thread/1608189). If you share a master for him, you'll get your cata 8 free (and he does collateral if you wish, could hold his very worthy Voll's Devotion while we did the crafts).

I don't speedrun merci labs yet, but today there's a guarantee'd unique so I'll try to just remove my Andvarius rings and run life/str ones for the sake of it.

challenge-wise, I have 3-4 low hanging fruits (1 guardian, 1 lab unique, 3 trinkets, 1 cadiro item, lvl 90 and the vaal temple map etc.) that will put me in a well enough position pla mindlessly spamming t5's and above, the Perandus league is really a blast!
IGN: WildTortillaFart
"
Chronodroid wrote:

[...]
if you need a proper crafter head over to VielarCrom's service (/view-thread/1608189). If you share a master for him, you'll get your cata 8 free (and he does collateral if you wish, could hold his very worthy Voll's Devotion while we did the crafts).
[...]

Nice that you got your bow crafted, I was going to suggest the guy you used, since he also did mine.

My gear atm:
Spoiler

I'm pretty much done, some improvements would be getting rarity gloves (haven't seen any good) or a better amulet (kinda expensive).

All my jewels have atleast 6% life, so I'm atm rocking 4,9k life, which I found quite useful doing T11+ maps.
Last edited by PureRnd on Mar 15, 2016, 4:17:54 AM
"
Chronodroid wrote:
gear update:
Spoiler

the very next step is to get empower 2 or 3 and rechrome the bow, taking out the slower projectiles for it. And divine my one Andy.. bleh I always delay this, hate RNG.

Then I'll refine helmet / gloves / belt / maybe amulet and be done with the gearing, looking out to get better quality gems.

it's a blast guys :)

I don't speedrun merci labs yet, but today there's a guarantee'd unique so I'll try to just remove my Andvarius rings and run life/str ones for the sake of it.

challenge-wise, I have 3-4 low hanging fruits (1 guardian, 1 lab unique, 3 trinkets, 1 cadiro item, lvl 90 and the vaal temple map etc.) that will put me in a well enough position pla mindlessly spamming t5's and above, the Perandus league is really a blast!
Nice progress, Chrono. I'm jealous of the bow.

I'd skip the divine - just buy one with a low implicit but high overall, and Blessed it. Blessed are *way* cheaper than Divines, and you'll recoup most of the cost of the new Andy when selling your low rolled one.

Guaranteed unique for merci lab? Do tell!

My gear progress:
Spoiler

Four of my six jewels are now tri-useful mods, just two more to pick up. And the bow. Empower. And probably a better amulet, eventually. I'm up to level 82, gems are mostly 19 (with a corrupted lvl20 CA I picked up on the market for a single Chaos) and I'm already pushing over 12k tooltip chaos / second. 12,322.8 to be precise. At this point in Talisman I was still struggling with quite a few bosses - Museum, for one. In Perandus, I've killed some bosses accidentally without noticing.

PS: The 100% pierce is flat out amazing.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
Last edited by grimjack68 on Mar 15, 2016, 4:19:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info