[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

For those working on the challenges:
Spoiler

On reddit there's a fantastic daily guide to Merciless (and sometimes other difficulty) Labyrinth layouts. The guide lets you know where to find Argus and indicates if there's a silver cache containing a guaranteed unique.

Google "Daily Labyrinth Discussion site:reddit.com" to find the current layout.
Grats to Chrono and PureRnd - nice gear and good progress towards the challenges.

I may bite the bullet this league and go for an Empower 4 - The Dragon's Heart were selling for about an exalt each and if it stays at about that price I'll go that route.

Unfortunately my weapon switch gem slots will be occupied for some time working on 21/20 skill gems.

The lab info is even stickied on reddit :) merciless lab, needs a silver key, last room with a silver door holds the intricite locker for the unique. (http://imgur.com/MhP1Vmz)

already in the preparing of Brodeals, keep yer eyes open marines ^^

IGN: WildTortillaFart
I am thinking to use this instead of Goldwyrm for now:

Is the defence boost good enough? 8% charges with Blood rage almost 100% up will give me 16% extra dodge?

I checked the build guide for the items, with iir uniques on hands and legs, and two rings that minus resistance and the chest slot taken by carcass jack, how is it possible to max out resists?

The recommended build tree does'nt maximize the resist nodes reachable, I guess we could lower the pierce or project damage area nodes to mix in more hp + rez.

I just managed to get lucky with some currency, but I am not sure if I should invest in more iir items after getting a 5L +2/3 bow. I don't even have an empower gem yet, so maybe +3 bow can also wait.
"
Razorwind wrote:
I am thinking to use this instead of Goldwyrm for now:

Is the defence boost good enough? 8% charges with Blood rage almost 100% up will give me 16% extra dodge?

I checked the build guide for the items, with iir uniques on hands and legs, and two rings that minus resistance and the chest slot taken by carcass jack, how is it possible to max out resists?

The recommended build tree does'nt maximize the resist nodes reachable, I guess we could lower the pierce or project damage area nodes to mix in more hp + rez.

I just managed to get lucky with some currency, but I am not sure if I should invest in more iir items after getting a 5L +2/3 bow. I don't even have an empower gem yet, so maybe +3 bow can also wait.

You max out resistances with a good evasion chest (while progressing) and your belt. You can also augment resists with jewels (or if really needed, temporarily spec some resist nodes from the tree).

Your gloves, helmet and amulet should also provide at least 1 good resist roll each.

When you master-craft your +3 bow, you'll get some resists there as well at which point you'll be able to cap resists while wearing a carcass jack.

You really shouldn't need those boots for defense.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Mar 15, 2016, 6:02:36 AM
"
Serleth wrote:
"
Statusblue wrote:
maybe i missed this discussion, but is there anyway to modify or change the items for speed running merc lab??

like certain uniques and gem links for optimization?

thanks!

Either be willing to spend a lot of chromes to constantly be changing your colours, or get a spare +3 bow, chromed identically except for the IIR slot, which you'll change to green to run Pierce or Slower Proj (doesn't matter which, identical damage increase), swap out MF gear for survival gear (high eva, life, 30% MS boots).

S'about it.

Some specific uniques I like for labyrinth speed runs:

High movement speed is really nice in labyrinth .

For boss fights swap those out for high life gear if needed.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Mar 15, 2016, 6:30:13 AM
"
Chronodroid wrote:
The lab info is even stickied on reddit :) merciless lab, needs a silver key, last room with a silver door holds the intricite locker for the unique. (http://imgur.com/MhP1Vmz)

already in the preparing of Brodeals, keep yer eyes open marines ^^

Welp, that helped bigtime, Chrono. Thanks a bunch!
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
I know that once we get +1 all skills on bow, empower becomes very powerful. But if I have 5L +2 bow, it won't be better if I do CA+Void+Decay+Conc+Pierce, don't add any points in pierce cluster and, instead, do that near shadow start point? There is 50%+ chaos damage. This will be better than 5L +2 with empo lvl 2?
"
DamianTaps wrote:
I know that once we get +1 all skills on bow, empower becomes very powerful. But if I have 5L +2 bow, it won't be better if I do CA+Void+Decay+Conc+Pierce, don't add any points in pierce cluster and, instead, do that near shadow start point? There is 50%+ chaos damage. This will be better than 5L +2 with empo lvl 2?

I can't answer your question, but I can advise you to use this calculator.

Spoiler
https://vmoddin.wordpress.com/poisonarrow/
Last edited by DSJkaa on Mar 15, 2016, 6:17:35 PM
"
DamianTaps wrote:
Depends... 50% pierce chance on the tree is only 3 points, so that's equal to only 30% chaos damage near the shadow start point.

Also, leveling a pierce gem that will eventually become relegated to the 'used to use' pile seems a bit wasteful. Personally, I opted to run with CA - Void - Decay - Conc - IIR, swapping the IIR for Increased AoE on tough battles. This way I generate a lot more currency, which I used to buy better gear, and of course my clear speed with massive CA clouds is better, too.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info