[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

are there any mastercrafters in softcore perandus who can do the +1? for a tip?
IGN: Arcmaimed
"
Statusblue wrote:
Err... +1 to gems isn't a mastercraft mod, you have to spam Alteration shards at it until you get lucky.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
Statusblue wrote:
Err... +1 to gems isn't a mastercraft mod, you have to spam Alteration shards at it until you get lucky.

There are different ways to force the +3, which are explained in the OP in the FAQ section.
Last edited by PureRnd on Mar 14, 2016, 1:03:50 AM
Also have to craft my bow soon... who did the jobs guys? =)
IGN: WildTortillaFart
Hi Guys,
Nice build, but what I was wondering how do you guys afford such nice bows. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, found so far 2 ex and Divinarius (1ex). What items should I pick? (currently picking rings, amulets, belts, daggers wands, gloves and boots, sometimes helmets). Also what I should be aiming to upgrade next? (dont know how to put my gear here) so please check my char name BibiMF.

Thanks in advance :)
"
arlen2015 wrote:
Hi Guys,
Nice build, but what I was wondering how do you guys afford such nice bows. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, found so far 2 ex and Divinarius (1ex). What items should I pick? (currently picking rings, amulets, belts, daggers wands, gloves and boots, sometimes helmets). Also what I should be aiming to upgrade next? (dont know how to put my gear here) so please check my char name BibiMF.

Thanks in advance :)

About the bows... keep an eye on the market, search for a 6L with ilvl64+ that's cheap. I picked my last one up for 3ex, IIRC. Unless you want to socket and link it yourself, of course. Once you have that base, you can either pay someone to craft it into the +3, which will cost ... 3ex plus a bunch of chaos for the service. Or you can get your own forgotten masters up to level 8 and do it yourself, save the chaos orb fees.

As for what to pick up while looting... I pick up the gear for chaos / regal recipes first, so complete sets of unidentified gear. Then I pick up everything else that fits, with the exception that I don't carry more than 1 staff / bow / anything that's 4x2. If I already have a helm in the chaos vendor set I'm collecting, I'll ID any helms and either vendor or sell 'em on the shop - same goes for all the other types.

Typically, I have a complete set of gear sitting around waiting to be vendored at all times *except* the rings, so I'm always on the lookout for those.

Lastly, where to go from where you are. You could use a bunch of life on a belt, more EV on your chest, jewel slots on the tree, and some better jewels - you can drop Poacher's Aim, you already have 100% pierce without it, so it's just giving you the projectile damage now.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
Been playing this the last couple of days and it's great. Leveled with Silverbranch 4L from lvl4 to 66 no problem. The new Pierce gem makes leveling as CA even easier than before. Did merc Labyrinth at lvl66 when I got a +2 bow. It's very easy with blink arrow.

Here's my gear atm, not very amazing.

Honestly I'm not sure I'd go Scion if I were to do this again though. The 2x projectiles is nice, but other than that I don't feel I need any of what it offers. 100% pierce is no problem and the new pierce gem is pretty fantastic imo. Also the pierce chance I got from ascending didn't seem to increase the tooltip even though I use Drillneck. Does it not increase past 100%? Might consider rerolling for perma fortify or more frenzy charges (or even the 40% more mod). But I don't really have time, so I'll probably just farm on this for a while and start making the 100 alts I want to make, hehe.

Cheers for the build!
"
DamianTaps wrote:
Many thanks for answers. Let me ask something else, because I want to know it before I start this build.

What do you think about fire totem with gmp and iir? I won't have 6L for long time so this should help with moneymaking.

Also, why u don't use divination distillate? If I try to use it, spamming CA will be enough to keep it up?

I usually cull with flame totem when I have a 5-link bow.

Your links should be: Flame Totem - Item Rarity - Culling Strikes - Faster Projectiles

GMP doesn't help Flame Totem much - the flames shoot out in a pretty tight cone even when more projectiles are added to the skill.
Sorry for the delay in the replies here, folks. IRL.

"
DamianTaps wrote:
Maybe its not good place to ask, but I hope you will answer me.
I was never strong enough to reach endgame maps, so I don't have experience there. But can someone tell me how much worse ,in terms of moneymaking, is normal, dps char on med-high level maps (so, more modes on maps=more iiq/iir) compared to magic finder that runs voll/low level maps?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1291803/page/314#p12977199

Thanks go out to hank for providing his opinion and answering your other questions.

"
I asked a while ago what class is going to be best for this build after the patch and you said Ranger for sure, now I see that the skill tree is for Scion, why is that? Fast answer is appreciated, thanks!

If you recall, I said in that reply something along the lines "with the information we have at this time, Ranger's the obvious choice." -- At the time of that remark, the Scion class had yet to be revealed.

Then it was. And we discovered Scion pwned Ranger. Hence the switch.

"
What do you think about fire totem with gmp and iir? I won't have 6L for long time so this should help with moneymaking.

Also, why u don't use divination distillate? If I try to use it, spamming CA will be enough to keep it up?

If you want to cull bosses, sure, but I didn't find it to be all that much of a difference maker when I was levelling in 2.0.

Distillate's just a pain to run. It's more important imho to not burn portals by sacrificing a life flask and occasionally dying or to sacrifice the ability to run two movement flasks. Either situation means the benefit of distillate falls off.

It's your call though, I just don't feel it's worth the sacrifice. If you are going to use it, lower your clarity level and drop the third non-Seething life flask. The quicksilvers aren't an option, imho.

"
Inspirational gives me 35% damage and 10% runspeed. It affects cloud damage

Okay, sure, I missed that, but you're wasting two Ascendency points just to cover off the damage you're missing from wasting four points on the tree by starting as a Duelist. Oh, and Scion gets you an extra two passive points to use on the main tree, as well.

For what, Fortify up permanently?

It's nice, but you could just get a +1 endurance charge belt, 45% dodge, 35% spell dodge, and hit Enduring Cry with a CWDT - IC setup. You'll barely get hit, and when you do, you're invulnerable anyway.

"
The 2x projectiles is nice, but other than that I don't feel I need any of what it offers. 100% pierce is no problem and the new pierce gem is pretty fantastic imo. Also the pierce chance I got from ascending didn't seem to increase the tooltip even though I use Drillneck. Does it not increase past 100%?

No, 100% is the cap.

You're forgetting Occultist: increased damage if a cursed enemy's been killed in the last 4 seconds and -chaos res to cursed enemies (which is effectively a more damage modifier).

Pierce gets dropped for Empower once you have Piercing Shots. That's also why the Deadeye branch comes in handy. In conjunction with Piercing Shots and the Deadeye half of Scion, you keep your 100% pierce chance to benefit from Drillneck and free up a gem slot for a more potent gem: Empower.

Thanks again to everybody that contributed replies in my absence. You're legends.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Mar 14, 2016, 5:47:27 AM
Can someone pleas explain it to me why we are not picking up Method of Madness and Atrophy? I guess I am missing something... Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info