[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
NaarJitsu wrote:
I'm so excited to use this.
I've been playing for many years and I have more than prime gear.
I am still thinking if I should link IIR / IIQ Gems on Poison Arrow, I am slightly worried it won't do enough damage. But here are the items, Judge if you want!

(I will be using a Legacy Kaoms Heart as Armor)
Spoiler

With a 6L bow if you really wanted to, you could run both IIQ/IIR but I wouldn't recommend it without a 20/20 PA and Carcass Jack as you would have to drop the AoE gem in order to make it fit (no other gem is worth dropping, too much damage loss).
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Just did Graveyard Map at 69 with no deaths. This could be fun.
IGN: DabrixRN
Last edited by Thomasmgp on Aug 7, 2015, 9:24:04 PM
"
j33bus wrote:
Apologies in advance if this has been asked before, but 125 pages is a lot to look through for it.

I had a question about blood rage, it seems that you're not taking enough life regen to be able to just have blood rage up, is there some piece of the puzzle I'm missing, or is this just a deal with it sort of situation.

I found the same thing, as Serleth said, you still have a small amount of degen. It wasn't really a problem, but I found it annoying. For me the fix was switching from Rallying Cry to Enduring cry. The extra 12% phys resist from 3 endurance charges was enough to push the degen down below the threshold.
Can anyone in warbands do the DOT mod for me if i give them the currency, my ign is Rotting_Arrow

Thanks

EDIT: Thanks Puirlea for helping out
Last edited by OThePestO on Aug 8, 2015, 12:02:51 AM
time for bed but I think my first real night of PA was a success

IGN: DabrixRN
Hi,

How come, when looking at poe.trade, there are no +3 bows with physical DPS above 147? However, when I remove the "+ to bow gem levels" requirement, I can go as high as 581 pDPS. I know that physical damage is not that crucial to poison arrow but I was wondering.

Thanks.
IGN: Slutty_Amazon
"
NobleWhale wrote:
Hi,

How come, when looking at poe.trade, there are no +3 bows with physical DPS above 147? However, when I remove the "+ to bow gem levels" requirement, I can go as high as 581 pDPS. I know that physical damage is not that crucial to poison arrow but I was wondering.

Thanks.

Because the +1 all gem and +2 bow gem affixes are both prefixes.

So are physical damage %, hybrid physical damage % + accuracy, and flat physical damage.

Since each rare item can only have 3 prefixes and 3 suffixes, a +3 bow takes up two of the slots available to add physical damage modifiers, thus limiting the possibility for pdps scaling.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
"
Serleth wrote:
Because the +1 all gem and +2 bow gem affixes are both prefixes.

So are physical damage %, hybrid physical damage % + accuracy, and flat physical damage.

Since each rare item can only have 3 prefixes and 3 suffixes, a +3 bow takes up two of the slots available to add physical damage modifiers, thus limiting the possibility for pdps scaling.

Thanks!
One more question (sorry).

I'm assuming that "the best" bow for Poison Arrow would be either Citadel (highest pDPS) or Maraketh (for 6% movement speed), correct?

Ideal prefixes would be:
+1 to gem level
+2 to gem level
179% increased physical damage (that's the highest possible, iLvl 83)

Suffixes:
- Dexterity
- Something else

Then you would master-craft for damage over time.

And finally Vaal for (hopefully) an additional arrow?
Last edited by NobleWhale on Aug 8, 2015, 7:26:30 AM
Physical DPS doesn't really affect Poison Arrow in reasonable way.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info