Block incin and stuff *Discontinued due to Incinerate nerfs*

Question about this build. Do I have to look in poor ES chest or my target should be mixed ES/Armor?
What is better for this build?
"
brunowa wrote:
Question, can monsters pierce the energy shield and hit your life?

There are times when I would have full ES but my life is still taking a hit. For eg, the Knight guys on the Dried Lake map in Act 4 seem to pierce my ES and hit my life?

And yes, I have Eldritch Battery and Ghost Weaver

Well, :-) why Energy SHield builds needs Chaos innoculation or chest with CHaos inmune? yeah
thats it, Chaos bypass energy shield
IGN:ZorryFlurry
"
k3nz0ry wrote:

Well, :-) why Energy SHield builds needs Chaos innoculation or chest with CHaos inmune? yeah
thats it, Chaos bypass energy shield

Interesting... I didn't know that. So with this build how come we don't take Chaos Inoculation?
"
brunowa wrote:

Interesting... I didn't know that. So with this build how come we don't take Chaos Inoculation?

The pure ES builds needs CI or chaos inmune, because they have 1 hp or very low, we are mixed, the guy of the build have:
-6000+ HP
-2.5k+ ES
he uses ES for spells, not for "protection", and HP for survival, in 1.3 we should use EB+MOM buttt in MANA, (spells too), but in 2.0 we need to use energy shield instead of mana because mana nerfs.
sorry for my english ^^'

IGN:ZorryFlurry
Thanks for the help. Below is my current build at Level 70. I'm demolishing most things but struggle against bosses. Also, the chaos attacks in Kaoms Dream are hurting me quite a bit. I've even swapped in Life Gain on Hit in my setup to add to some survivability.

What do you recommend I change in this setup? I haven't yet optimsed my links in the rest of gear as I'm just leveling some gems but I will do when I get a proper setup.

Life: 2900
Mana: 650
Shield: 1750

Last edited by brunowa on Jul 13, 2015, 9:29:18 AM
"
brunowa wrote:
Thanks for the help. Below is my current build at Level 70. I'm demolishing most things but struggle against bosses. Also, the chaos attacks in Kaoms Dream are hurting me quite a bit. I've even swapped in Life Gain on Hit in my setup to add to some survivability.

What do you recommend I change in this setup? I haven't yet optimsed my links in the rest of gear as I'm just leveling some gems but I will do when I get a proper setup.

Life: 2900
Mana: 650
Shield: 1750

Same problem as most people here posting their gear, I don't know why you disregard life, you barely have any on gear, and you should prioritize life over ES, energy shield is very easy to stack to acceptable levels, push your life more, anything below 4k is unacceptable. On top of that you're using a tabula, it has zero stats. 2900 life just ridiculously low

Life gain on hit gem does NOT work with spells
Lowest level Hardcore Atziri Kill ~ Level 65 ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyDB6Haa6U8
Level 100 Tempest HC with self-made and most played build of POE 2.0 ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlTUOhqEZ9s
(✿◠‿◠)
Last edited by yotmato on Jul 13, 2015, 9:56:31 AM
Loving this build and smashing everything in Tempest, taking on Beyond bosses with 0 problems! I love the synergy with abyssal cry (considering switching to enduring cry though), temp chains, chill, and whirling around getting in place while getting Fortify buff active...

My gear on Tempest:

Spoiler

Traded a low roll Kaom's Primacy to Helman for this nice Cybils...! I think he divined that Kaom's Primacy, got a good roll, then just 6L'd it himself last night or something.

I need new rings, new hat, and maybe new boots but first I'm currently waiting for a Rathpith Globe to show up so I can nab that and then work on my resists after, and I'm constantly ripping jewelers just to try and 6 socket my chest so I can get a 5L.

Too scared to do Cruel Malachai runs, but I made quite a bit of chaos doing normal malachai runs when my brother and I got past him pretty early on in release.

~4000 hp
~1000 es
~49% block 25% spell block with Tempest shield active. I can bring 5% to that block # but I haven't transitioned to block jewels yet in favor of 50-80% more dmg from my 5 jewels.

I think only 7k dps on incinerate, but I don't mind slightly low dps because survivability is really good with this build.
Last edited by nakieon on Jul 13, 2015, 10:42:20 AM
Hey,

I was leveling a Block/Incinerate/Cybil's Paw in Warbands league (AA + Tempest Shield + Haste + Mana Leech; I'm only 64) and I've just seen your post. Your build is awesome (never thought about a corrupted Stone of Lazhwar, there'll be overpriced if your build becomes popular). I'll follow your path, EB looks like a good idea (MOM, full reservation). I was thinking about using a Conqueror's Efficiency (2% reduced Mana Reservation); in this case, with 5 points on your path, I'll be able to run a Purity (and still use AA + Anger/Haste; ie in the area of Leadership, Influence and the jewel socket under MOM).

Thank you, sir!
would it be better to use blood magic and give up one of the other support gems and then not use the node that makes your energy shield into mana? That way, you can free up like 12 nodes from not having to take the node that makes energy shield be used as mana and you dont need the one that makes 30% of damage be taken from mana first. Then you would have like 3k more hp and your leech would apply to energy shield still, so that would be like normal leech, and then you could use those other skill tree points to get more block chance from jewels maybe or more projectile damage or something. you would be more tanky and possibly get the same or more damage
"
hondana wrote:
Hey,

I was leveling a Block/Incinerate/Cybil's Paw in Warbands league (AA + Tempest Shield + Haste + Mana Leech; I'm only 64) and I've just seen your post. Your build is awesome (never thought about a corrupted Stone of Lazhwar, there'll be overpriced if your build becomes popular). I'll follow your path, EB looks like a good idea (MOM, full reservation). I was thinking about using a Conqueror's Efficiency (2% reduced Mana Reservation); in this case, with 5 points on your path, I'll be able to run a Purity (and still use AA + Anger/Haste; ie in the area of Leadership, Influence and the jewel socket under MOM).

Thank you, sir!

I saw a 4% block corrupted SoL with a "c/o" of 1.5ex last night. Word is already out =\

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info