Block incin and stuff *Discontinued due to Incinerate nerfs*

Uber Atziri killed on tempest boys!

http://i.imgur.com/kFK6Km9.jpg
There's an inefficiency in the maximum build - you can free up a skill point by swapping out the 3-point jewel southwest of Sentinel for the 2-point jewel right next to Golem's Blood; the extra point you can throw into the max-life ring for another 5%.
"
PoEDan79 wrote:

Oh man! EPIC! CONGRATS!

That would have been one hell of an intense and nerve-wracking fight!

What was your level and stats at the time of kill? Did you have to make any changes to the build to take her down?
are you on probation because you're another cheater?
kids https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbFE90QKJIw
vs
adults https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzysxHGZCAU
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 business a-blazing but no more t-shirts
Wanted to post some terrifying mods that would make other builds say NOPE, for those considering running this build:

https://vimeo.com/135922437

That link has a lvl 77 double volcano boss, temp chains, frozen ground, 40% regen, 147% quant and I'm still only on a tabula+cybils with no rathpith or rainbowstrides

Normal Atziri: trio just requires some dodging, but if you are patient it isn't so bad, atziri and vaal, you might as well each a sandwich while trying to kill them, easy.
Last edited by XGhoul on Aug 11, 2015, 3:13:47 AM
Does this build work also with cloak of defiance? It have build-in mom so it can save some points?
"
XGhoul wrote:
Wanted to post some terrifying mods

i think terryfing mods are -max + ele refl + fracture + noregen... not hard but long
"
mndstrm wrote:
"
XGhoul wrote:
Wanted to post some terrifying mods

i think terryfing mods are -max + ele refl + fracture + noregen... not hard but long

I find ele reflect makes the maps long, adding no regen pretty much does nothing to this build, the fracture might be a problem but it still makes almost no difference if you take your time. I was posting the "terrifying mods" relative to other builds like an evasion ranger who couldn't do these types of mods.
"
PoEDan79 wrote:

If anyone still had any doubts about the potential of this build, I believe you cleared them up. That's an amazing achievement in a hardcore challenge league, congratulations.
"
Damerae wrote:
Hello!
Things I know I can upgrade:
1) Divine my Rathpith
2) More Block Jewels to try and get to 65% block chance with TS... I haven't figured out the most cost effective way to do this yet. I have very good jewels and to upgrade to a block/life/dmgorcast would cost me 2+ exalts.. I'm not sure spending that time or currency at the moment is a worthy enough cause. I'd rather save my currency for a Lightning Coil.
3) A 4% Lazhwar - That costs about 4-5exalts on tempest
4) A six-link? Saving this for LC... if ever?
5) Minor quality of life adjustments in regards to gear: get more resists/life/cast speed etc... all the things Yotmato recommends
6) Chaos res: I currently have -33% chaos resistance in Merciless.
7) Fire Leech Cybil's costs about 10ex on tempest? Not totally sure on this one...
8) Eventually dropping Rainbow for some nice Evasion/ES boots with Life
9) EV/ES Helm
10) And other little things: level 21 gems etc...
11) Work my way towards Sanctuary or Blood Siphon?

The highest maps I've done are level 73. I haven't noticed any issues yet. Yes, I take damage here and there. I'm not invincible. That being said, I am curious how this character will do come the higher maps and eventually Atziri. I'd like to believe she's in a good place, but I'm most likely being naive and missing some crucial detail or overlooking something I could be doing that's more effective/efficient.

Anyway, thank you for taking the time to read this.

I hope this is of some help to others, and I look forward to any advice/criticism/etc.

In conclusion, I'm having a blast playing this build at the moment, but I would love to get even more out of it with additional input!

Yeah everything looks pretty sweet tbh.
Big upgrade for you will be a lightning coil, even 5L is perfectly fine tbh. If you are going for a coil you probably want to change your tree to something similar to mine http://poeurl.com/zvfKfqg to make up for the lack in ES.

I personally prefer Blood Siphon over Sanctuary because with a coil I think I can get away with losing some attack block and gaining hp/damage instead. Not to mention how good the shadow nodes feel. So much damage/hp and even the projectile speed node.

Level 21 incinerate is a huge buff so I recommend leveling like atleast 5 incinerates. You can buy them around 10 quality for pretty cheap. Hopefully you'll get lucky like I did and get 21 on two different characters lol.

A 4% lazhwar is really overpriced at the moment on Tempest. The only one up atm the guy wants 12exalts for it so a 2% is fine for now. I picked up a 3% for 3.5ex and it's worked well. Don't underestimate the cast speed roll. If there was a 4% block 10% cast speed for 10ex versus a 3% block 15% cast for 4ex I'd definitely take the 3% block one. 5% cast speed is huge.

Your links are pretty good. Personally I find flame totem pretty useless in most situations and I'd rather use a decoy totem (which is super overpowered). Blind on tempest shield is really underwhelming also. Better to just use vaal haste in the green slot. Linked to increased duration if you can.

If you do plan on doing Atziri here are some tips:
For the Vaals use faster projectiles instead of LMP and use vaal lightning trap to help kill them faster. A topaz with shock immunity can be helpful here.

On the trio decoy totem is actually suprisingly good if it's 19/20 or 20/20. Can tank quite a few hits from the dual striker. Use faster projectiles here again and kill titty bitch -> dual striker -> cycloner. A Cwdt - immortal call setup will prevent you from getting stunlocked and dying to the titty bitch rain so i highly recommend it. You can facetank the cycloner when he is last really easily, just make sure you have a of Staunching flask (granite/ruby/quicksilver).

On Atziri use slower projectiles in your green slot. Whirl through her to dodge flameblasts and also get the fortify buff. On each split phase identify the flameblaster or spear thrower and put a vaal lightning trap underneath it (you don't want to hit the mirror one and the lightning one can't be shocked). If you have 75% spell block just pop a ruby/granite/topaz and facetank the damage unless there are multiple stacked storm calls, then whirl out of the way. Minion phase just replace slower proj with LMP, they don't have much health on normal so should die pretty quickly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info