Block incin and stuff *Discontinued due to Incinerate nerfs*

"
Pockey wrote:
"
Salus_99 wrote:
Hi

I'm on my leveling with this build and its look really awsome, the only thing I don't understand is why

"
4L: Cast when Damage Taken Level 1 - Ball Lightning Level 1 - Firestorm/Glacial Cascade Level 1 - GMP

Thx for your answer

It's in the guide man. Click the spoiler under "ELDRITCH BATTERY/MIND OVER MATTER/GHOST REAVER/CYBIL'S PAW SYNERGY. HOW DOES IT WORK IN 2.0? DUAL SUSTAIN CONCEPT & MECHANICS OF THE BUILD"

Oops miss this part, my bad ^^.

Thx a lot man
Hello!

My first character rip'd at level 87 on Tempest. I followed a Flame Totem guide on the forums, and it was great. After seriously debating to quit, I came across this guide and found it interesting. I had saved up a bunch of currency from my FT character and thought - what the hell - lets give this a go. I told myself this would be the last character I make, and so far she's going strong at level 84.

Yotmato was kind enough to give me some of his time through PMs to discuss the build and how to "optimize" it a little more for Tempest.

I thought I would make a post to give my thanks to the time Yotmato put into this guide and second to just get some more ideas on how to tweak a little more out of the build etc.

Gear/Gems/Jewels:

One more level and I'll be adding this gem to my arsenal of the others for more dps and life:

Stats:

HP: 4,900
Mana: 673
ES: 2,800
Armour: 482
Phys Reduction: 10% w/ Chaos Golem
Evasion: 5800 with Grace
Chance to Evade: 36%
Chance to Block Attacks: 62% with TS
Chance to Block Spells: 75% before TS

Incinerate Tooltip DPS: 8,026

After talking with Yotmato, I was convinced to make the switch to EV/ES over Armor/ES. Evasion has a lot of synergy with Block (I can't quite explain it as elegantly as Yotmato can, but in my head it makes sense). Ever since the change, I haven't looked back. Yes, I have noticed I can take some big hits, but it's never enough to leave me concerned. I never drop below 50% HP with MoM.

I really enjoy FT with Blind.. I find it's very effective and works quite often. I'd say Blind triggers much more often with the FT than it did when I was using Blind with Tempest Shield.

CwDT with Enfeeble and IC is a nice tough.. It just buy a little more time for the Life on Hit and Life Leech of the build to kick in and be more influential. I have thought about trying enduring cry, but I'm not totally sure yet.

Things I know I can upgrade:
1) Divine my Rathpith
2) More Block Jewels to try and get to 65% block chance with TS... I haven't figured out the most cost effective way to do this yet. I have very good jewels and to upgrade to a block/life/dmgorcast would cost me 2+ exalts.. I'm not sure spending that time or currency at the moment is a worthy enough cause. I'd rather save my currency for a Lightning Coil.
3) A 4% Lazhwar - That costs about 4-5exalts on tempest
4) A six-link? Saving this for LC... if ever?
5) Minor quality of life adjustments in regards to gear: get more resists/life/cast speed etc... all the things Yotmato recommends
6) Chaos res: I currently have -33% chaos resistance in Merciless.
7) Fire Leech Cybil's costs about 10ex on tempest? Not totally sure on this one...
8) Eventually dropping Rainbow for some nice Evasion/ES boots with Life
9) EV/ES Helm
10) And other little things: level 21 gems etc...
11) Work my way towards Sanctuary or Blood Siphon?

The highest maps I've done are level 73. I haven't noticed any issues yet. Yes, I take damage here and there. I'm not invincible. That being said, I am curious how this character will do come the higher maps and eventually Atziri. I'd like to believe she's in a good place, but I'm most likely being naive and missing some crucial detail or overlooking something I could be doing that's more effective/efficient.

Anyway, thank you for taking the time to read this.

I hope this is of some help to others, and I look forward to any advice/criticism/etc.

In conclusion, I'm having a blast playing this build at the moment, but I would love to get even more out of it with additional input!

Edit 1: Minor grammar/verbiage edits

Last edited by Damerae on Aug 10, 2015, 12:29:13 AM
What stats are needed to take down Uber Atziri with this build?

I'm currently level 87 and wondering if it's worth grinding long enough to take her on.

I'm currently:
Life: 4,700
Armour: 2,000
Evasion: 1,700
ES: 1,900
Block: 52/68 without TS
Tooltip DPS: 11,200 with LMP + Anger+HoT+AA

Currently level 87 in tempest, loving this build.

Stats

Life: 4972
ES : 2304
Block % (with TS): 55 / 71
DPS: 8114,4 (was 9,5k before, but dropped some nodes to get more block)
Last edited by Faralim on Aug 10, 2015, 6:40:37 AM
Reposting because I reeeaaally want someone too look at my tree.

Hey guys. I'm doing some weird shit on the other side of the tree with some armour and got the BM node. Life reg sustaining Incinerate and running AA. Also got the blood dance boots and 5 frenzy charges. 1 from tree and one from a corrupted stone. Currently at 59/63 block (can get a few more with better jewels) and i'm also at 5.2k hp, with 6k unreserved. Tooltip dps is at 13.2k and about 16k with frenzy charges up. I've done a lot of respecs and tested out different things. And now I just want some pointers if I can save some points anywhere or do something more effectively.

Here is the tree. Currently lv90 in Warbands. I'm a softcore scrub.
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAAdwEswUtBjkJMwz3Dc0OPBQgFHEVIBm0GjgaPhzOHt8lvCcvK1Atgy_MNZI62DwtPQ9AoEMxRtdHfkrIT1ZRYFoaWlJfP2P9ZU1mVGjybqpvO3GFcg907XXLd-N4DXk5eWh65nrve8N8u37iggeCm4Nfg8yE2YV7jX6QVZRvmjubXZ7NogComqluqZWsr6-nsUKzP7Xytz69Nr6nvrzAGsBmwL_BBMGCwzPEFcT2xq7NmNE20iHYvdl82rnawdtP37_gw-Fz4izp1epi7DjvDvAf8kHyRfKX8wb7qv4K_lQ=?accountName=spaggetti&characterName=VanillaJim

Currently using this gear. Not optimal everywhere but I don't rly care about getting 5% cast speed more on a ring. And I won't use lifeleech until I get a 6L. Only time I die is when i'm doing something stupid.

Spoiler

Thanks for the help!
U forgot to include where to put anger in your link setup.
"
spaggetti wrote:

Hey guys. I'm doing some weird shit on the other side of the tree with some armour and got the BM node. Life reg sustaining Incinerate and running AA. Also got the blood dance boots and 5 frenzy charges. 1 from tree and one from a corrupted stone. Currently at 59/63 block (can get a few more with better jewels) and i'm also at 5.2k hp, with 6k unreserved. Tooltip dps is at 13.2k and about 16k with frenzy charges up. I've done a lot of respecs and tested out different things. And now I just want some pointers if I can save some points anywhere or do something more effectively.

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAAdwEswUtBjkJMwz3Dc0OPBQgFHEVIBm0GjgaPhzOHt8lvCcvK1Atgy_MNZI62DwtPQ9AoEMxRtdHfkrIT1ZRYFoaWlJfP2P9ZU1mVGjybqpvO3GFcg907XXLd-N4DXk5eWh65nrve8N8u37iggeCm4Nfg8yE2YV7jX6QVZRvmjubXZ7NogComqluqZWsr6-nsUKzP7Xytz69Nr6nvrzAGsBmwL_BBMGCwzPEFcT2xq7NmNE20iHYvdl82rnawdtP37_gw-Fz4izp1epi7DjvDvAf8kHyRfKX8wb7qv4K_lQ=?accountName=spaggetti&characterName=VanillaJim

Currently using this gear. Not optimal everywhere but I don't rly care about getting 5% cast speed more on a ring. And I won't use lifeleech until I get a 6L. Only time I die is when i'm doing something stupid.

Spoiler

Thanks for the help!

What can i say. It's not this build any more. No idea why you done that. 5.2k life? We got at least 7k due to MoM. What you got instead? A bit of armor? AR is useless. 16k dps? Not impressive. 63% spell block? You can max it with rainbows easy. Dunno.
"
PoEDan79 wrote:
"
Sn1p3r wrote:
"
PoEDan79 wrote:
Yea. I'm going to run grace + arctic armour + purity of lightning. Atm im running grace + arctic armour + herald of thunder

What gear are you running?

Hear is my gear

Current stats at level 92
14.9k tooltip dps with LMP
5.3k life 2.4k es
63/75 block
7.3k evasion

I have a doubt, how did you get the right colors? I'm using GGRRBB, spent like 150 chromes but can't get GRRBBB
"
spaggetti wrote:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Thanks for the help!

What's the purpose? Is it to try get some more DPS?

This build has awesome DPS even with the original setup when you start stacking it with jewels so not sure your clearspeed will increase too much if that's what you're going for.

Stats look comparable, although you sacrifice the benefits of ES and some spell block by using your boots.

Your Stats at lvl 90:
Life: 5,200
Block: 59/63
Tooltip DPS: 13,200 (16k with frenzy)
If you're stacking armour, your armour's probably pretty good?

My Stats at lvl 87:
Life: 4,700
ES: 2,000
Armour: 1,100
Eva: 2,400
Block: 52/68
Tooltip DPS: 12,200
Last edited by brunowa on Aug 10, 2015, 7:52:24 PM
"
Raadree wrote:

I have a doubt, how did you get the right colors? I'm using GGRRBB, spent like 150 chromes but can't get GRRBBB

I used vorici 1 blue till i got it. Took like 100 chromes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info