Item Affix Changes

"
unsane wrote:
You do realize that adding higher mod tiers and higher ilvls is effectilvely increasing the level cap and obsoleting gear, right? GGG has in the past used "no level cap increases obsoleting gear" as a perk of this game...

obsoleting gear ? like with 2.5 % more dps ? This thread is so funny.
IGN TylordRampage
"
Faendris wrote:
Qarl, could you please elaborate on on the motivation behind this change?

Given that the higher tier affixes are miniscule increases in what we have now, I would assume that they do not have any significant impact on gameplay. They do, however, dramatically reduce the value of current 6*T1 items. Is this what you intend to do with this change?

I strongly believe that you loose a lot of credibility and support with this change unless there is a very strong and well reasoned motivation.

different item base & new affix is good for gameplay variety, no one will doubt & most ppl love that.

but GGG, a similar value changed/increased makes no sense & we could not understand WHY.
could u plz leave some reason or motivation?
its not about item devalue, its about trust & faith.
IGN Jinloman
08:00~24:00 UTC+8 TAIWAN R.O.C.
Mirror Service-thread/556020

"
Malone wrote:
"
unsane wrote:
You do realize that adding higher mod tiers and higher ilvls is effectilvely increasing the level cap and obsoleting gear, right? GGG has in the past used "no level cap increases obsoleting gear" as a perk of this game...

obsoleting gear ? like with 2.5 % more dps ? This thread is so funny.

don't matter how small of a difference the old mods will no longer be t1. That means old items will be devalued its as simple as that.
"Omg now my stash is only worth 800ex now, ohh i quit this game"

What a funny thread...
ign: MightyBjorg
"
Forum - Development Manifesto - Item Affix Changes par peroquenariz dans pathofexile
[–]qarldev
They accomplish the new level areas, with their higher ilevel items, having some value above other items from lower level areas.

"
VileCorpse wrote:

don't matter how small of a difference the old mods will no longer be t1. That means old items will be devalued its as simple as that.

There are many other things that can devalue mirrored gear, nothing new here.
And keep in mind that 99,5 % ( +- 0.49 % ) of the player base doesnt give a shit about these new mods anyway. How many players will be ready to pay 500+ exalts to get 3 % more dps...
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Jun 12, 2015, 3:52:09 AM
This would be a nice step if they would also remove all the duped currency from the legacy leagues. In itself it is of no real use, when the top exploiters already have tabs full of those duped mirrors and eternals, ready to earn even more once the new mods hit.

Also buying all those now "useless" Glyph Marks for 1 Ex each, or just gift them if you are quitting anyway. :P
lots of love ggg . Ty for this finally i can see where you are going with this.
chaotic neutral
will the max ilvl for divination card rewards also be adjusted to account for these mods?
Delicious tears are so, so delicious.
So, all gear in standard and hardcore has been devalued.
In 1.3 it was Flameblast or Tornado, in 2.0 Tornado or GTFO.

0/10

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info