Item Affix Changes

"
Qarl, can you confirm if this will be added in with the next patch on tuesday?

This will be in the next patch, which is intended for Tuesday.

You do realize that adding higher mod tiers and higher ilvls is effectilvely increasing the level cap and obsoleting gear, right? GGG has in the past used "no level cap increases obsoleting gear" as a perk of this game...
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
"
This leaves room for higher tiers of some of the most useful mods in the game. These end-game mods serve as lofty goals for the greatest of exiles.

You do understand this is power creep 101? Something you said you'd never do?

What the hell happened to this company?:/
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Qarl, could you please elaborate on on the motivation behind this change?

Given that the higher tier affixes are miniscule increases in what we have now, I would assume that they do not have any significant impact on gameplay. They do, however, dramatically reduce the value of current 6*T1 items. Is this what you intend to do with this change?

I strongly believe that you loose a lot of credibility and support with this change unless there is a very strong and well reasoned motivation.
"
Faendris wrote:
dramatically reduce the value of current 6*T1 items

That's not a bad thing, at least not for 99.9% of the players.

"
Faendris wrote:
I strongly believe that you loose a lot of credibility and support with this change unless there is a very strong and well reasoned motivation.

Nah, no need to worry about that. People will forget and get over it eventually. It happens after every big patch in every big game. Not unique to POE.
Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
"
robmafia wrote:
ok, this confirms it: i quit.

And no one will miss you
I'm so eagerly waiting to brick items with the new superlow life roll. :D
Asus TUF B450-PLUS GAMING - AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - ASUS GTX 1080 Ti Strix 11GB - Windows 10 Pro - 32GB DDR4 - Samsung 250GB 970 EVO SSD
Thanks GGG to continue improve your game.
And dont listen all the cryers, they always make more noise than the happy people.
RIIIIIIP AXN.
"
Faendris wrote:
Qarl, could you please elaborate on on the motivation behind this change?

Given that the higher tier affixes are miniscule increases in what we have now, I would assume that they do not have any significant impact on gameplay. They do, however, dramatically reduce the value of current 6*T1 items. Is this what you intend to do with this change?

I'm also curious what the motivation might be. The most plausible one is to reset the mirror service market but it seems like a feeble solution. Situation will quickly settle back into what they are today, me thinks.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info