Annoyed at some sellers who has stuff listed on poe.trade

"
Ruffneck058 wrote:
I would like to reply on this, as it happends that I was the seller from OPs rant :).

I had listed 2 Doryani's catalyst for 2 ex each. I had a global BO of 4c for the tab where the items were located in as it had some other items in it as well. Apparantly the 2ex didn't register when I updated my shop so the Catalysts were listed for 4c and got a couple of whispers INSTAND when I had updated my shop. I changed it right away and logged also off as I had some other stuff to do.

When i got back online i had like 10 friend invites and people whispering me like crazy WTB 2x catalyst for 8c. I responded nicely to most of them, including OP, and most understood.

My actual respond to the OP was, when he whispered me "WTB catalyst 4c", its not 4c its 2ex. Clearly it was mispriced as the cheapest catalysts go for about 1 to 1.5ex. However the OP insisted that I gave "proof" that the item was listed with a wrong price.

I didn't felt up for a discussion(as I had to deal with 20 other people whispering me already) so I ignored him.

Anyway, felt to explain this a bit so the OPs rant gets a bit more perspective from the sellers point of view as well(even tho it might not have been all about me :)). It might have been "bad" to ignore the OP but on the other hand he kinda knew already that the item was probably mispriced so why make a big deal out of that and not move on.

Um no you were't the person I was talking about when I said "sceptre". Doryani's sceptre is the only sceptre in the game? You think that's the only item I buy in this game? Do you even know how many items I buy per day thanks to the crappy drop rate in this game for useful items? Please. I didn't even think our little "argument" was worth posting on the forum. Oh and also 4c for a Doryani isn't even that far-fetch'd, you can't expect people to automatically know it's mispriced. I've bought plenty of underpriced stuff because people were trying to get rid of them quick. Just because you refuse to sell stuff for cheap doesn't mean others don't.

If you want to come to the forum to make me look bad, try harder next time, like NOT making completely false assumptions. Let's end the drama here shall we? I had no purpose turning this thread into a drama thread, which is precisely why I chose to left out player names or names of items I was trying to buy.

"
XigTek wrote:
"
melodia1 wrote:
There's a difference between buying something and haggling for something. If someone lists an item for 5c, then logically means he's trying to sell it unless he's trolling. I message him in-game saying that I want to buy it for 5c, I have no idea why people would ignore, unless, as I stated before, they accidentally underpriced it and don't want to admit it. If they're too lazy to sell it because now they're rich as #%@#% and don't care about a 5c sale, how in the world is the buyer supposed to know? It just shows you're a mannerless ass if you're too lazy to even respond "sry not for sale anymore". It's like having a store in real life, and when a customer approaches you to ask you to get an item from the storeroom cause it's out of stock on the shelf, you're too lazy to do it because it's a cheap item so instead you pretend you're deaf.

Even if I haggle, ignoring instead of a simple "nty" because you don't like my offer is just plain rude anyways, but at least that's understandable.

Or.. is being spammed by whispers if they're selling multiple things and don't happen to notice your whisper. Or went AFK for a moment, are in a chat channel that is spammy, and your message got drowned out.

If you read any of my previous posts then all those reasons you mentioned are already covered. I have no problem with people going afk or didn't see my messages.
1. Whispered by other people or selling multiple things is no excuse if I message them like 5 times, or multiple times spread across multiple days
2. Already explained the afk thing many times, not gonna type it again
3. Spammy chat channel is same reason as #1
Last edited by melodia1 on Jun 12, 2015, 1:32:15 PM
So how many times a day do you buy items for personal use? You can only use so many items so if you're buying as many as you imply, you are doing it for other reasons.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
mark1030 wrote:
So how many times a day do you buy items for personal use? You can only use so many items so if you're buying as many as you imply, you are doing it for other reasons.

Like maybe 5-10? I never said I was buying stuff in bulk to flip. Dude check my profile, my highest level is a 79, how much currency could I possibly have? I just like shopping on poe.trade, any time I see a cheap and useful item for my build I just buy it, and maybe within hours if I find a better one just try to sell my older one, or NPC it. Not like I'm a hardcore player hoarding all my currency to buy that ONE super amazing item anyways, probably long quit before that. Is there anything wrong with liking to shop? Also I fail to see how this relates to the thread at all.
Last edited by melodia1 on Jun 12, 2015, 1:16:00 PM
If you think you're entitled to some kind of answer everytime you PM someone then you've got a lot to learn princess.
Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
Well I'm not saying this is always the case, but I'm often getting offers of 1 alc for mid to low uniques. If I'm in a map or something its not worth taking the time to trade for that little currency in my opinion. Explaining that takes time and people often are annoyed so it's easier to just not respond.
IGN - Xukai

Mirror Service - /1046531
I agree with the OP that it is annoying to not get a reply but it is not the end of the world. Just find another seller. What real gets my goat is when buyers drop a ton of currency in the trade window without asking me first. And then to top it off its not even close to the amount asked for. Like I can't add up what is worth what. Also buyers, travel to the seller we already dropped whatever we were doing to make a trade with you.
Flipper posts rant about fish that refuses to be hooked.
"
StDrakeX wrote:
If you think you're entitled to some kind of answer everytime you PM someone then you've got a lot to learn princess.

So you're saying that if you go to a store in RL and the clerk ignores you because he's too lazy to fetch an item off the shelf due to the fact he's playing his iPhone, you're a "princess" if you complain about it right? Awesome logic. Was I asking for help, or asking for free items? No. Last time I checked buying/selling is a two-way process. I tell the seller I want to buy something, he tells me how much it is and I hand over the cash. End of story. If seller is too lazy to respond then it's his problem.

"
Cossont wrote:
Flipper posts rant about fish that refuses to be hooked.

Learn to read cause your remark just fails miserably. Having trouble with basic English? Here let me highlight it for you. Buying useful gear for my own use that only costs a few chaos is "flipping" right? Yes I'm sure I'm gonna completely wreck the PoE market by spending 10 chaos a day on poe.trade buying cheap sceptres and amulets since I can't afford ones that costs 10ex.

"
melodia1 wrote:
Like maybe 5-10? I never said I was buying stuff in bulk to flip. Dude check my profile, my highest level is a 79, how much currency could I possibly have? I just like shopping on poe.trade, any time I see a cheap and useful item for my build I just buy it, and maybe within hours if I find a better one just try to sell my older one, or NPC it. Not like I'm a hardcore player hoarding all my currency to buy that ONE super amazing item anyways, probably long quit before that. Is there anything wrong with liking to shop? Also I fail to see how this relates to the thread at all.
Last edited by melodia1 on Jun 13, 2015, 3:35:32 PM
"
melodia1 wrote:
"
StDrakeX wrote:

So you're saying that if you go to a store in RL and the clerk ignores you because he's too lazy to fetch an item off the shelf due to the fact he's playing his iPhone, you're a "princess" if you complain about it right? Awesome logic. Was I asking for help, or asking for free items? No. Last time I checked buying/selling is a two-way process. I tell the seller I want to buy something, he tells me how much it is and I hand over the cash. End of story. If seller is too lazy to respond then it's his problem.

You think the situation that hapoen has anything to do with real life? It's a game and you have all these pre conceived expectations which makes no sense because in the end it's a game.

I think the person who ignored you was saving themselves a whole world of bother if this is generally your reaction. Hell I've not sold things to people just cause I didn't like them, does it make economical sense? Nope. But like I would care since you know it's a game...
Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
"
melodia1 wrote:
"
StDrakeX wrote:

Hah no it's more like a street busker ignoring you when you try to undercut him. Or you pissed him off such that he doesn't want to sell you his goods, good deal or not. You can't do anything to him, might as well move on.

Or are you going to pick a fight with him, get in trouble with the law and go through an inconvenience?

The store analogy would apply if Nessa refused to give you your jewellers because you gave her an odd amount of alts.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1394759 - Suggestion for beginner tutorial.
Last edited by Exialis on Jun 14, 2015, 1:44:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info