Annoyed at some sellers who has stuff listed on poe.trade

"
melodia1 wrote:
There are also cases where the thread was updated recently. I just contacted a seller about a sceptre he was selling in a thread and got ignored again even though he was moving around from Sarn and hideout (thread was updated TODAY), probably because it was accidentally underpriced.

Generally speaking reasons like "outdated items" or "busy atm" are just lame excuses for poor communication skills, or lack of etiquette, which I found surprising in a game like this. And I'm not even saying I've experienced 2-3 cases of being ignored for no apparent reason, I'm talking about on a daily basis. It's making shopping for anything in this game a complete pain in the rear. Not only do you need to find the item with the rolls you're looking for, you gotta make sure it has a good price, AND to catch the seller online. Now you need to make sure the seller isn't a complete socially inert individual.

And selling items twice as bad, we need auction house.
"
EzBreesy wrote:
"
melodia1 wrote:
There are also cases where the thread was updated recently. I just contacted a seller about a sceptre he was selling in a thread and got ignored again even though he was moving around from Sarn and hideout (thread was updated TODAY), probably because it was accidentally underpriced.

Generally speaking reasons like "outdated items" or "busy atm" are just lame excuses for poor communication skills, or lack of etiquette, which I found surprising in a game like this. And I'm not even saying I've experienced 2-3 cases of being ignored for no apparent reason, I'm talking about on a daily basis. It's making shopping for anything in this game a complete pain in the rear. Not only do you need to find the item with the rolls you're looking for, you gotta make sure it has a good price, AND to catch the seller online. Now you need to make sure the seller isn't a complete socially inert individual.

And selling items twice as bad, we need auction house.

AH ftw
I dont see any any key!
There's a difference between buying something and haggling for something. If someone lists an item for 5c, then logically means he's trying to sell it unless he's trolling. I message him in-game saying that I want to buy it for 5c, I have no idea why people would ignore, unless, as I stated before, they accidentally underpriced it and don't want to admit it. If they're too lazy to sell it because now they're rich as #%@#% and don't care about a 5c sale, how in the world is the buyer supposed to know? It just shows you're a mannerless ass if you're too lazy to even respond "sry not for sale anymore". It's like having a store in real life, and when a customer approaches you to ask you to get an item from the storeroom cause it's out of stock on the shelf, you're too lazy to do it because it's a cheap item so instead you pretend you're deaf.

Even if I haggle, ignoring instead of a simple "nty" because you don't like my offer is just plain rude anyways, but at least that's understandable.
Last edited by melodia1 on Jun 11, 2015, 10:47:49 PM
I think this could be a case of OP being previously ignored by the seller...It's a small world Wraeclast and I for one know people are quick to swing the ignore-bat...

This is the reason I believe there should be a auto-response like 'you have been ignored by this player' message.

I've suggested it before but I've come to accept it...I message the person a 2nd time if im very interested (or message the account)...and then leave it at that.

"
melodia1 wrote:
There's a difference between buying something and haggling for something. If someone lists an item for 5c, then logically means he's trying to sell it unless he's trolling. I message him in-game saying that I want to buy it for 5c, I have no idea why people would ignore, unless, as I stated before, they accidentally underpriced it and don't want to admit it. If they're too lazy to sell it because now they're rich as #%@#% and don't care about a 5c sale, how in the world is the buyer supposed to know? It just shows you're a mannerless ass if you're too lazy to even respond "sry not for sale anymore". It's like having a store in real life, and when a customer approaches you to ask you to get an item from the storeroom cause it's out of stock on the shelf, you're too lazy to do it because it's a cheap item so instead you pretend you're deaf.

Even if I haggle, ignoring instead of a simple "nty" because you don't like my offer is just plain rude anyways, but at least that's understandable.

Or.. is being spammed by whispers if they're selling multiple things and don't happen to notice your whisper. Or went AFK for a moment, are in a chat channel that is spammy, and your message got drowned out.
"You go on pretending that you own the universe,
And we'll all be here watching as you're falling down to Earth."
if you get ignored by a seller, move on to the next seller. their loss.
What do you mean that the league is not rewarding or fun? You put in 5 useless items in the device and you get 1 useless item... Oh wait!
/Talisman League(2015/2016)

Oh look, Synthesis League(2019) = Talisman League all over again.
yes just so much yes ^
I dont see any any key!
I would like to reply on this, as it happends that I was the seller from OPs rant :).

I had listed 2 Doryani's catalyst for 2 ex each. I had a global BO of 4c for the tab where the items were located in as it had some other items in it as well. Apparantly the 2ex didn't register when I updated my shop so the Catalysts were listed for 4c and got a couple of whispers INSTAND when I had updated my shop. I changed it right away and logged also off as I had some other stuff to do.

When i got back online i had like 10 friend invites and people whispering me like crazy WTB 2x catalyst for 8c. I responded nicely to most of them, including OP, and most understood.

My actual respond to the OP was, when he whispered me "WTB catalyst 4c", its not 4c its 2ex. Clearly it was mispriced as the cheapest catalysts go for about 1 to 1.5ex. However the OP insisted that I gave "proof" that the item was listed with a wrong price.

I didn't felt up for a discussion(as I had to deal with 20 other people whispering me already) so I ignored him.

Anyway, felt to explain this a bit so the OPs rant gets a bit more perspective from the sellers point of view as well(even tho it might not have been all about me :)). It might have been "bad" to ignore the OP but on the other hand he kinda knew already that the item was probably mispriced so why make a big deal out of that and not move on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info