New Unique Item and Start of One-Week Cut-Throat Event!

"
KorgothBG wrote:
Ok guys before you all go crazy with joy of the possibility of "elemental facebreakers" and awesome unarmed lightning melee build let me remind you a few things.
1. Weapon elemental damage in any and all forms doesn't work on unarmed attacks ( support gem, passives, item modifiers ) And WED IS the biggest damage contributor for melee elemental builds.
2. All attacks and many support gems ( multistrike, melee splash ) gain % increased physical damage per level. And of course things like melee physical damage, the phys damage increase of fortify etc ... are worthless. I guess you could use Elemental hit in the end ... and use something like (Elemental hit + Lightning Penetration + Lightning Damage + Faster Attacks + Melee Splash + Life Leech ) but the damage would miserable.
3. Unarmed attacks CAN NEVER CRIT. The only way is by cursing your enemies with Assassin's mark for 9% crit chance at level 20, but this chance cannot be scaled!

So to be honest i do see it happening. Maybe, maybe COMK ... Scaling the elemental damage of these gloves is very limited. Unless GGG give us a new mechanic, support gem, item ... something that can successfully scale the melee lightning damage while unarmed ... i don't see how a good melee elemental build can be made with these gloves.

As for a spell caster - yea i can see that happening, tho they are far from being godly.

3. Never say never. Curse those mobs and sure as hell you can crit. Ok low chance but still its not a NEVER. ;)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/913599 <--- mirror Thread
"
PaladinSMD wrote:
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Ok guys before you all go crazy with joy of the possibility of "elemental facebreakers" and awesome unarmed lightning melee build let me remind you a few things.
1. Weapon elemental damage in any and all forms doesn't work on unarmed attacks ( support gem, passives, item modifiers ) And WED IS the biggest damage contributor for melee elemental builds.
2. All attacks and many support gems ( multistrike, melee splash ) gain % increased physical damage per level. And of course things like melee physical damage, the phys damage increase of fortify etc ... are worthless. I guess you could use Elemental hit in the end ... and use something like (Elemental hit + Lightning Penetration + Lightning Damage + Faster Attacks + Melee Splash + Life Leech ) but the damage would miserable.
3. Unarmed attacks CAN NEVER CRIT. The only way is by cursing your enemies with Assassin's mark for 9% crit chance at level 20, but this chance cannot be scaled!

So to be honest i do see it happening. Maybe, maybe COMK ... Scaling the elemental damage of these gloves is very limited. Unless GGG give us a new mechanic, support gem, item ... something that can successfully scale the melee lightning damage while unarmed ... i don't see how a good melee elemental build can be made with these gloves.

As for a spell caster - yea i can see that happening, tho they are far from being godly.

3. Never say never. Curse those mobs and sure as hell you can crit. Ok low chance but still its not a NEVER. ;)

Good point. :)
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
KorgothBG wrote:
It is one of the most effective ways to make a melee build with them that's true. But i simply don't see how the build itself will be effective. With the tree you can get what ... 100 .. maybe with some items even 250% total lightning damage increase. With wrath ( 17-267 at level 22) + Herald of thunder which is not affected by the alpha (11-170) + wake of destruction ( 1–120 ) and the new gloves ( 269-879 tho it seems like it can roll different values ) hell even throw in perfectly rolled lightning damage modifiers on your rings and amulet ( total of 21-216 )
You end up with 318-1652 x 250% = 795-4130 lightning damage i must argue that faster attacks would be a must ... but even with insane attack speed ( which is hard to get if you go fore ele+lightning damage on the tree ) it is still rather weak . And it is weak by todays standards .... the Awakening introduces harder content ... so it will be even worse.

The curse on hit is not a bad idea ... BUT you won't able to leech life ( another downside of elemental attacks ) and the faster attacks is the single most important DPS boosting support .. so you really need that.

i think unarmed gives you 1.15 base attack speed so scaling it would be very difficult

based on the level of these gloves they are a t1 unique so they'll be rare and expensive af...

while it's fun to dream, it's not very realistic
I was really looking forward to these gloves... now ... not that much.
Tho the spell part looks intriguing i must admit.

P.S. it's 1.2 attacks per second ... it's hard to scale but it still is one of the best options to scale it ... so yeah ... a not very effective way to scale is one of the best ways here ... speaks of itself i think
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jun 11, 2015, 6:58:48 AM
as long as it makes me look like every character i own has domi fists i honestly dont care if it is viable.

i mean it would be nice if it were. and also consider that this is like a kaoms, drop the chance for 2 3ls or a 6l stave for the extra damage to spells is perfect for a mono spell build
for spells like ball lightning this is is very powerfull at first look. You more then double the base light dmg of a lvl 20 gem (losing the 100%spell dmg and 100%crit of a good wand is not really a problem since they are just addative things).
For attacks i dunno. It has high base dmg for sure but pure element meele was never good for other reasons.
Hower betatester shoud have a lot of fun before them with these gloves :-)
i thought doryani was a chick lol
"
Tartaros38 wrote:
for spells like ball lightning this is is very powerfull at first look. You more then double the base light dmg of a lvl 20 gem (losing the 100%spell dmg and 100%crit of a good wand is not really a problem since they are just addative things).
For attacks i dunno. It has high base dmg for sure but pure element meele was never good for other reasons.
Hower betatester shoud have a lot of fun before them with these gloves :-)

I think the damage effectiveness still aplies, so the gloves add 19-69 damge to ball lightning.

edit: I justed looked for additional possibilities to scale the attack lightning damage, found

Daresso's Salute
Valako's Sign
Atziri's Promise
Deidbell
Maligaro's Restraint

Not sure what to make of it yet.

Sadly there are no unarmed projectile attacks, Molten Strike(non-unarmed) could be pretty good with projectile damage/point blank scaling.
Last edited by gonaldinho on Jun 11, 2015, 8:22:23 AM
I think they should change all instances of "Weapon Elemental Damage" to "Elemental Damage with Attacks".
I know this will affect minions too, but I think it would be fine.
cyclone, cast on melee kill, ball lightning, added lightning, lightning pene, fasteratks/leech

scale light dmg and ele, use wrath and herald of thunder

would probably be the way to go

tbh it looks stupidly hard to scale, cant get shield nodes to boost dps, all dmg is elemental, so you probably need to do something fancy to leach like bereks, you cant get any atk spd from tree except like the berserking cluster,

based on the mods, looks like CI would be the way to go, pretty much every piece of gear u have will need atk spd, and you would have to use like... cyclone, though with witch and templar aoe, could be interesting, swap out balllight for stormcall on stationary bosses. if u get alot of aura reserve reduction, getting 3dragons and running anger would be a interesting idea. but then u also need to get freeze chance... tricky

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info