New Unique Item and Start of One-Week Cut-Throat Event!

"
Tartaros38 wrote:
for spells like ball lightning this is is very powerfull at first look. You more then double the base light dmg of a lvl 20 gem (losing the 100%spell dmg and 100%crit of a good wand is not really a problem since they are just addative things).
For attacks i dunno. It has high base dmg for sure but pure element meele was never good for other reasons.
Hower betatester shoud have a lot of fun before them with these gloves :-)

You fail to take into account that when they implement the "x elemental damage to spell" mods, they will "rebalance all spells damage effectiveness". I have a very, very bad feeling about it.

I'm overall not on board with this change at all, it equalizes attack and spell builds, but that's not a good thing in my book. Spell builds had the advantage of mainly depending on gem level, and so being very cheap to gear and level. Now they will be dependant on gear just as much or maybe more than attack builds.

I love some of the changes in Awakening, but other changes like this just feel haphazard and strange.
IGN : Jovial
"
Mizzajl wrote:
I think they should change all instances of "Weapon Elemental Damage" to "Elemental Damage with Attacks".
I know this will affect minions too, but I think it would be fine.

That would be a good decision. Tho it will boost the already powerful facebreakers too much if you ask me.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
I threw together a quick build for this.

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA2VsbJUuu6QLfim0Zpys1uRFQHU89X1JTl_RWYxXXhq4sv8HFSVHw1QcelS5d8g5IEZakkX4zjDYTnhEvKwq290mx18_5N--Ikycc3H_GDXzqurQMkNYspjdmNAotfcG071C1hX6vEQ_djNlf4BKNGcNtXGuESPfXrJiMdrcxwBrVdcy3cYWxQkbXVymCm-w4njzvfDwFmjvAZp_fgwlGcZeVTLOnCCj6V8m4k-vuRUcy0QFv4veLejbF2CRfatvnRwby4WNDBAcfAh2q4Yg=

The tree is a little different in the Awakening, but its mostly the same (Ghost Reaver is actually a little easier to get to). So with this build, you get about 300% increased lightning, and 277% increased ES, with the capability of running HoT, Wrath, and Discipline (the old 60% auras have chanced to 50%, fyi).

So if you run cyclone with added lightning, lightning pen, faster attacks, and innervate, you should be doing pretty well. With lv 19 gems, added lightning give 113, wrath 114, gloves (at whatever roll is linked) is 574, and HoT gives 82, and lets add 50 on from jewlry or other items (wake?). That's 933 lightning damage per attack, increased to about 3700 after increased dmg. Base attack speed is 1.2, which is increased 2.14 attacks per second with gems and onslaught. All this gives you about 8kdps (increased to 12k because of 45% shock chance) + lightning pen.

Also, this build is very close to dual curse, but you couldn't run CoH with HoT then, but it might be worth it for Ele weakness and conductivity both.

Of course there are other uniques giving lightning damage, and all of this is assuming you have 0% quality gems, and no jewels (though, you probably want projected force jewel, if they put it back in the game).

Overall, you could easily get about 12k dps, and have a CI build which is really tanky. 12k isn't bad for HC, and with all the ES, it should work fine. Obviously it would be nice to get some sort of change to WED so it would work, cause that would be such a massive increase, but even for now, its at least viable.

(one other thing about the build, is it is entirely convertable to spellcasting. Just carry along your spell gems in a secondary weapon, and swap them out if you decide you need range. We'll have to see what the damage effectiveness is going to be like before we pick the best spell to use with it).
Last edited by Kroughfire on Jun 11, 2015, 9:35:38 AM
GGG is able to surprise)
IGN: HardyHard_FireFly

Big thx GGG for this great game :)
So this is what people will spam when someone rips now

Doryani's fist indeed.
Return to this flameless sunder
Where exiles burn and the joyless wander;
Frozen lore beneath chaotic thunder,
Dominus returns to send us under.
Lightning facebreaker!!!
Now we just need the Touch of God gem to roleplay Dominus xD
"
Geisalt wrote:
Not sure if powerfull or weak :p

Weapon elemental damage mods cannot improve thoses gloves, physical damage will have very low effect, no combos with abyssus/BoR... It will be probably difficult to get a corrupted one with Elemental weakness on hit... (High lvl and low chance to drop i guess?).

[/quote]

Umm, do you have a life outside of POE? :) Just kidding of course - impressive calculations.
Last edited by timbo1959 on Jun 11, 2015, 10:22:39 AM
"
So if you run cyclone with added lightning, lightning pen, faster attacks, and innervate, you should be doing pretty well. With lv 19 gems, added lightning give 113, wrath 114, gloves (at whatever roll is linked) is 574, and HoT gives 82, and lets add 50 on from jewlry or other items (wake?). That's 933 lightning damage per attack, increased to about 3700 after increased dmg. Base attack speed is 1.2, which is increased 2.14 attacks per second with gems and onslaught. All this gives you about 8kdps (increased to 12k because of 45% shock chance) + lightning pen.

Shocked enemies give 50% INCREASED damage, not 50% MORE damage.
"
KorgothBG wrote:
"
Mizzajl wrote:
I think they should change all instances of "Weapon Elemental Damage" to "Elemental Damage with Attacks".
I know this will affect minions too, but I think it would be fine.

That would be a good decision. Tho it will boost the already powerful facebreakers too much if you ask me.

it used to be pretty broken and Chris talked about talked about it back in the "Build of the Week S01E09: Facebreaker Marauder" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y, but the game has changed much since then and there are more "melee physical damage" and stuff that can affect facebreaker damage on the tree as good alternatives to weapon elemental damage now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info