New Unique Item and Start of One-Week Cut-Throat Event!

Hmm, im not too convinced by this gloves, they sound great but we have physical to lightning. Given how it is a flat bonus damage that will be really hard to increase, I don't see much future on it for melee fighters. As a caster however they can become interesting, you would have to do the math to make sure if it is better than a wand.
Cast on Melee Kill will see a bit more use with those, I'd like to think. The ES on kill is a very unique mechanic, and I absolutely love it!
Took a while to get from that teaser ages ago to the final reveal, but the wait was worth it. These ought to be quite interesting to play with!
Last edited by Jackinthegreen on Jun 11, 2015, 7:45:45 PM
This looks quite bad for elemental unarmed builds, while unarmed you have very low attack speed and 0% crit chance so i cant se how to scale the damage up to a good ammount, even though the elemental damage added is quite high i still think its not good enough.
Great idea to make an alternative to face breakers! looks more like "Dominus's fists" Though :P

(also I have to say what Invalesco said is quite possibly true)
I am a shadow. I was born the youngest daughter of a respected family, raised to fight, weep and bleed for God and the Order. I would have died to keep my mouth shut. Professional integrity, it's called. That lord sang a different tune once I had taken their children.
interesting concept on the gloves but it will probobly need something more for the unarmed portion of the damage, by design they appear to be meant for cast on melee kill so mayhaps a "spell damage increases and reductions apply to unarmed damage" mod would suit it either that or "weapon elemental damage works while unarmed" mod to the gloves either one would provide a way to scale the lightning damage without improving facebreakers indirectly, otherwise I'm not sure the gloves will see much use outside of novelty caster builds sadly.
Problems with this glove for melee purposes:

1. Unarmed has low attack speed and no crit. The power of unarmed comes from less frequent, but consistent heavy hits. This is the polar opposite of melee elemental builds, which increase their damage output through attack speed and crit power. There are almost no ways of effectively scaling the melee elemental damage of this item.

2. We already have Physical to Lightning. It's easy to scale physical damage with unarmed and over 50% of that scaled value can just be converted into lightning damage already.

3. No physical damage means no physical leech. Severely limits gem and gearing options.

So it seems to me like the melee bonus is there for flavour and the real purpose will be some gimmicky casting stuff.
that one sounds rly awesome
omgomgomg, yes,i have seen this item and its exactly what dominus is using, this explains it all, ty :]
I usually do not read popular posts again after i made a comment on it, unless it's one of my own. I wish to have a Black robed Grim Reaper micro set in game one day, grant my wish, GGG
"
Khyroku wrote:
wow if these 'd get a 3d art... just imagine :O
sweeeeet

They could as well kill you instantly when you wear them, I couldn't care less. Just gimme the perfect 3d art to reskin my Facebreakers! I wanna play the man with the friggin' IRON FISTS!!!!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info