[2.0][106 - 285k DPS] Lucinda's Shockwave Totem | Atziri/Uber Viable | Budget Version Available

"
MatrixFactor wrote:
One thing about divinariuses is that you can potentially replace inc aoe with a DPS gem when you put them on. Not sure if there many good ones in live, but on beta there are several ~40% more DPS gems you could stick in in place of inc aoe.

What are your thoughts on SWT vs other totem types for running normal atziri and 75-77 (77-79 in 2.0) maps with MF?

2x Divinarius is certainly interesting. I don't know if I would go as far as replacing Inc. AoE gem though because 2x Divinarius would give a total of 20% increased AoE while a 20/20 AoE gem would net you 43%. Like you said though, it is just a potential option if anyone chooses to go that route.

I have seen a number of interesting gems that could be mixed into this build or at least tested. Until 2.0 I think this setup is currently ideal. Having tried multiple combinations of gems already, I look forward to trying even more once the beta content comes to live.

For Aztiri, I think shockwave totem may possibly be the safest of the options I have tried but I don't know if I would call it the best. Flame totem is a pretty good alternative but I think I have something personal against it lol. For 75-77 Maps with MF, I would still go with SWT. My reasoning behind this is that going MF sometimes means having to lose out on a little bit of defense/resists just to get that extra iiR. I would much rather have a skill that pushes the mobs away from me in that situation :)
"
Niaxe wrote:
Whats ur deeps with Atziri's flask and taste of hate?Probably you can beat 300k dps with flasks,rf and legacy crit amulet.

I don't have a taste of hate but with Atziri's flask I do 255k Dps. Let's also not forget that I have still failed to get an empower Lv.4 so my DPS is still lacking there. Also as you rightly mentioned, A legacy crit amulet would also be great for this build. With the right gear/setup, you should be able to surpass 300k if you want to. I don't have the balls/currency yet but I also intend to get a carcass jack to +1 gems.

So to answer your question, even without flasks you can hit 300K DPS, You just need the right setup
I want to go Empire Grasp gloves on release with SWT. Since SWT knockback was nerfed from 100%->25% I am wondering about new gem setup.

Should i go 5L - SWT + Physical to lightning + inc aoe + crit damage and last one knockback instead of faster casting? For 6L i would add faster casting but still no fusing luck.

The CC with this setup could be rly great and knockback gem on beta also increase knockback distance by good 50%.

Opinions?
"
xprimalfuryx wrote:
I want to go Empire Grasp gloves on release with SWT. Since SWT knockback was nerfed from 100%->25% I am wondering about new gem setup.

Should i go 5L - SWT + Physical to lightning + inc aoe + crit damage and last one knockback instead of faster casting? For 6L i would add faster casting but still no fusing luck.

The CC with this setup could be rly great and knockback gem on beta also increase knockback distance by good 50%.

Opinions?

With this setup, a reduced amount of knockback doesn't really hurt too much, the damage ensures that. In the case of Empire's grasp though, I really wonder about not putting in cast speed.

In addition to a nice increase in DPS, Cast speed effectively controls how frequently mobs will be knocked back (pulled in, if we are talking empire's grasp). This means that depending on how much of a damage bonus/loss you get by sacrificing cast speed, you may or may not be making a favourable trade with safety (mobs having enough time to beat you up because they aren't getting pulled). It is all pretty debatable though.

I am currently considering trying out Empire's Grasp if I am able to get a legacy crit necklace that comes close to making up for the 60% Crit Multi I lose from dropping Facebreakers. My only problem with the gloves is that certain types of mobs would have an easier time taking out your totems, having been pulled in so close (however this concern is not based on an actual test.. It's just a thought)
Can you use MF gear with this build and still do good dmg?
"
NemoSushi wrote:
Can you use MF gear with this build and still do good dmg?

It really depends on what you define as "good dmg". You can definitely spec your gear around MF and still have enough damage to clear maps. Sure there will be a significant decrease in clear speed, and therein lies the tradeoff.

TLDR: Yes? but keep your expectations realistic (we're not talking about a 5k decrease in DPS here)..

Hope that helps
Update:
- Got Empower Lv.4 now and DPS has gone from AoE 69k - 77k (conc 285k with promise/230k without)
- Now trying to get Mortal Hope to record videos (I got 2 earlier but had to sell for Empower)

EDIT: I have also decided to buy a set of Divinarius' to test out a budget version for the build. The current DPS is 47K (will make videos soon)
Last edited by dfolucinda on Jun 25, 2015, 9:13:15 AM
I used to follow the original garena build guide... so much google translate, thx for sharing mate, made my life much easier.
Cheers
Last edited by pathofexiletoon on Jun 22, 2015, 12:43:31 AM
Hello ! I am using their build at the moment because one drop SWT 17q and thought about doing build XD totem, the damage so far is great! I not yet bought the two Void Battery farm 'm for it ! But with the Divinarius much help area range is great and together with the Spell Damage and Critical Spells of Chance is a cheap alternative to build ! What I was thinking of doing is that I can not play carefully so I thought , it would not be feasible to use the Arctic Armor !Lack even buy a decent boot and belt! I hope you understand , I'm using Google translator XD !

Gear
Spoiler

"
cosme7 wrote:
Hello ! I am using their build at the moment because one drop SWT 17q and thought about doing build XD totem, the damage so far is great! I not yet bought the two Void Battery farm 'm for it ! But with the Divinarius much help area range is great and together with the Spell Damage and Critical Spells of Chance is a cheap alternative to build ! What I was thinking of doing is that I can not play carefully so I thought , it would not be feasible to use the Arctic Armor !Lack even buy a decent boot and belt! I hope you understand , I'm using Google translator XD !

Gear
Spoiler

Hi, glad to hear the build is going well for you :). I think I understand you clearly and I can tell that your 2x Divinarius clear is going well atm.
As far as Arctic Armour is concerned, you can actually use it once you have the regen for it. I just chose not to use it because I would rather have that regen always supplying my totems, and I rarely take smaller hits that Arctic Armour would usually protect me from. A nice trick to run even higher AA would be to move around strictly using Lightning Warp to avoid the mana drain movement penalty.

Hope that helps....

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info