[2.0][106 - 285k DPS] Lucinda's Shockwave Totem | Atziri/Uber Viable | Budget Version Available

Hey Guys! Welcome to my variation of a Shockwave Totem build. I would like to mention upfront that a lot of my insight on this build came from milk851007 who plays over on the Garena servers. I have always wanted to make a build that was capable of running through endgame content quickly. For those of you not very familiar with Shockwave Totem, it has the interesting property of keeping monsters away while doing damage. It also has another quality of pissing off people who like to complain a lot in parties. This build is a little on the expensive side if you want to reach it's full potential, but there are so many variations and possibilities that can make it viable for everyone.

Right of the bat, Here are some of the unique items that help to make the most out of this build

2.0 UPDATED STUFF

Current Tree
http://tinyurl.com/q6fwoo2

You can ignore the strength nodes if you have enough
Initial Thoughts
-Way more damage than I was expecting but need to do some work on survivability now that the CWDT setup and life regen are pretty much dead
- I am now running discipline to go with EB instead of clarity (requires lv3 Enlighten)
New DPS
Aura's + 9 Charges + Inc Aoe (Ideal Mapping setup)

Aura's + 9 Charges + Conc Effect (Atziri Stuff)

Pre -2.0 Notes
Spoiler

Tree
- Not too much has changed, but the changes are mostly in our favor. It seems to take more nodes (1 extra per) to get power charges now. On the plus side though, we now have the Shaman's Dominion cluster that provides some sweet benefits like totem crit chance/multi and the notable that gives you 100% totem crit chance for the first 4 seconds after dropping a totem (REALLY GOOD FOR US!). I currently have 2 variations to test out, one with the new EB using ES for mana, and the other just pure mana with more mana regen and possibly a small blood magic reserve (300-ish life). I will not include my tree yet as it will need some final tweaks on release day.

Jewels
- My current testing build has 3 jewel sockets allocated with provision for a 4th depending on how the mana changes affect the flow of play (may spec into some ES regen or something). For jewels, I would most likely be going with Physical Damage, Max Life, Area Damage etc. None of the unique jewels really seem to be a big addition for us so I will most likely stick with only rares.

Gems
So many new gem combinations to try out (especially with all the new ice supports).

- Ice Bite: Gives a frenzy charge on killing frozen enemies which will give us a nice DPS boost
- Hypothermia: Gives more damage against chilled enemies which will work better for those who do less DPS
- Innervate: Gives Onslaught on killing shocked enemies + even more shock chance. (5 seconds of 20% cast speed on kill)
- Flame Golem: Gives 15% increased Damage
- Ice Golem: Gives 20% increased Crit Chance
- Arctic Armor: Gives Phys + Fire Damage reduction (A possibility now that we are unlikely to need/use clarity)

Gear
- Not many changes here. The addition of the Empires Grasp unique may be interesting to some who would like to have reversed knock-back direction (pretty much creating black hole totems). I will not be using them as I don't think they offer much to a high damage SWT (in fact you will lose crit chance/crit multi - depending on what gloves you are using currently).

Other Notes
- With the changes to Eldritch Battery, there may be some little adjustments to the play style. I will be sure to check out what works best in my opinion and will also look forward to what you guys will be able to come up with.

All in all though, I think this build is one of those that can embrace the new changes and actually benefit for the most part.

Why use Shockwave Totem?

Pros

- Easy to play
- High DPS (both Single & AoE)
- Relatively fast clear speed (carry 6-man parties)
- Can Kill Atziri (And Uber with good gear)
- Many possible build variations
- Permanent Vaal Haste (due to fast clear)
- Decent protection from damage with shockwaves
- Getting some love on 2.0
Cons

- Not tanky (this is one of those best defence is a good offence situations)
- Map mods like Blood Magic, No Regen & Elemental reflect can be a pain
- Sometimes requires you to play cautiously (No yolo joyrides in Devourer town)

What are the Stats?

As time goes by, I will try to add different stats for different setups & build variations

Dual Void Battery DPS/Defence

Damage

Aura's + 9 Charges + Inc Aoe (Ideal Mapping setup)

Aura's + 9 Charges + Conc Effect (Atziri Stuff)

Aura's + 9 Charges + Conc Effect + Righteous Fire + Atziri's Promise (Uber Atziri Stuff)

Lower DPS in RF screenshot due to empower missing from link*

Defences

Dual Divinarius Stats (Budget Version)

Damage

Aura's + 7 Charges + Inc Aoe (Ideal Mapping setup)

Aura's + 7 Charges + Conc Effect (Atziri Stuff)

Aura's + 7 Charges + Conc Effect + Righteous Fire

The Build

Bandits
OAK-Normal-(Life: It's pretty straight forward - we need this stuff)
OAK-Cruel-(Physical Damage: Did I hear someone say DPS??... no?.. okay.. take it anyway)
ALIRA-Merciless-(+1 Power Charge: If you love power, then get charged up with Alira's +1 Power Charge baby)
Gear

Void Batteries

These wands are beautiful. +1 to power charges, Mana, Crit Chance, Cast Speed, 25% increased spell damage per power charge (270% combined increase from both at 9 charges)

Carcass Jack

Es, Life, All resists, Increased AoE, Area Damage (yes to all)

Romira's Banquet

Mana, Crit chance, Crit Multi, Power Charge on Non-Critical Strike. This interaction allows you to generate power charges that your totems benefit from, and allows you not to lose them (as your totems are the ones doing the crits and not you)

Facebreakers

Really just for the %60 Crit Multi (a real beast). As the rest of the gloves do not matter, you can get these really cheaply and corrupt the cast speed without breaking the bank.

Maligaro's Virtuosity (Legacy)

Not quite as good as Facebreakers in the Crit Multi department but offers both Crit Chance and Dex to make up for it. A perfect roll will net you only a 10% reduction in Crit Multi in exchange for all the bonuses. #Worth

Belt

Resists, Life & ES. Corrupt Increased AoE if you like to live life dangerously

Diamond Ring

DEX (you need dis), Cast Speed, Crit, Life

Amulet

Spell damage, cast speed, crit chance, crit multi, es/mana if you can

Boots

Life, Resists, Move Speed, ES

Helmet

Life, Resists, ES

Gems

Videos

Dual Void batteries

Lv.78 Courtyard Double Boss
Lv.78 Palace full clear
Atziri Run
**You actually don't need RF on normal if you have enough dps btw**

Other Build Users Videos
milk851007's Uber Atziri Run

Dual Divinarius (Budget Version)

FAQ

Spoiler
- Why Facebreakers?: Cheap access to 60% Increased Global Crit Multiplier & Cast Speed Corruption. The only thing that comes close would be Legacy Maligaro's and I do not have the balls to corrupt those (Nor do I have a pair actually... of Maligaro's, not balls... I have those).

- Why Incinterate?: It works well with Romira's Banquet for gaining power charges. Incinerate has a 0% bas critical strike chance and is only likely to crit on mobs cursed with Assassins Mark. (TLDR: Charges for days)

- Empires Grasp in 2.0?: It's an option, but I don't think I would be willing to give up crit multi for reverse knockback though.

...More Soon

Final Message

I have been playing PoE for over two and a half years now.... that is all. No seriously though, even with the time I have invested into this game, I do not pretend to know everything/anything for that matter. What I am trying to say is, If you have any constructive feedback, useful suggestions or Build options, feel free to wrap them in a tissue and stuff them up your bung hole please feel free to post as I would love to hear it all :) .
Last edited by dfolucinda on Jul 10, 2015, 7:43:25 PM
you will use Empire's Grasp Goliath Gauntlets for fast clear map 2.0?

2.0 can use Arctic armor+mom+EB this 38% reducted phys dmg + chaos golem 3%= 41% reducded phys dmg and 8% fire dmg (this good for atziri)
He used this for EK http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LO9dQoxHeE
Aurs hatred+herald+arctic armor
Last edited by BatlllKirill on Jun 10, 2015, 5:41:40 AM
I think Empire's Grasp will be decent for those who like to play in parties but don't do great damage. I can usually destroy packs in 1-2 pulses from a single totem so I don't really think it will matter what direction the mobs will be moving. I will also miss out on crit multi & possibly cast speed if forsake the Facebreakers.

2.0 Holds a lot of promise for this build and I will reserve most of my judgement for when it is close to release and things are pretty much finalised.
"
dfolucinda wrote:
I think Empire's Grasp will be decent for those who like to play in parties but don't do great damage. I can usually destroy packs in 1-2 pulses from a single totem so I don't really think it will matter what direction the mobs will be moving. I will also miss out on crit multi & possibly cast speed if forsake the Facebreakers.

2.0 Holds a lot of promise for this build and I will reserve most of my judgement for when it is close to release and things are pretty much finalised.

Okey.
You can make video uber kill?
"
BatlllKirill wrote:
"
dfolucinda wrote:

Okey.
You can make video uber kill?

I intend to, RNG has not been favourable in getting another Mortal Set. However, milk851007 has made a video of him running Uber with the build already if you want to take a look at that. LINK
Is a budget build using dual Divinarius possible or is there something I'm forgetting. They have ~180% spell crit chance instead of the +2 power charges and the +20% radius would be useful as well. I've been trying to find a use for them sitting in my stash for a while now. Not sure how big of a dps loss it would represent.
"
Namcap wrote:
Is a budget build using dual Divinarius possible or is there something I'm forgetting. They have ~180% spell crit chance instead of the +2 power charges and the +20% radius would be useful as well. I've been trying to find a use for them sitting in my stash for a while now. Not sure how big of a dps loss it would represent.

I suppose Divinarius could work as a budget setup. You would have significantly less cast speed & spell damage but that extra radius may be nice. I can't really say for sure though so I may just pull a set of Divinarius' and check it out later (if I still have them).
remember
One thing about divinariuses is that you can potentially replace inc aoe with a DPS gem when you put them on. Not sure if there many good ones in live, but on beta there are several ~40% more DPS gems you could stick in in place of inc aoe.

What are your thoughts on SWT vs other totem types for running normal atziri and 75-77 (77-79 in 2.0) maps with MF?
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
Whats ur deeps with Atziri's flask and taste of hate?Probably you can beat 300k dps with flasks,rf and legacy crit amulet.
IGN:Niaxe
Last edited by Niaxe on Jun 15, 2015, 3:47:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info