State of the Beta - Post #6

It's fairly easy to understand, new tiers creates emulation and gives the opportunity to clean a stagnant item base. This is also why balances through nerf/up always create emulation.

This is as old as persistent world exists in RPG/ARPG/MMO/Whatever. Player base waits for annoucements of new tier in many others games, as they consider it as one of the main reason to keep them interested.

I'm not judging anything, just explaining. I personnaly like new tier of content, as long as itemization matches new challenges. For now, In beta, as long as you are not an HC player, challenges can easily be acheived by various builds and classes without requeiring any upgrade in tier's itemisation.
Last edited by xpxtxp on Jun 10, 2015, 12:35:41 PM
"
"
Chris lied that's whats making people mad.

by now it might have not been a lie.
there is not said that the new mods will be much higher than the current.
the whole mods will be adjusted and changed.

Same thing I was thinking. They consider all current mirrored stuff OP anyway, so jumping to conclusions that the new stuff will have the potential to have even higher deeps is a stretch.

At the end of the day the state of mirrored gear depends on them retroactively nerfing or not nerfing existing affixes.

✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
"
cgexile wrote:
"
"
Chris lied that's whats making people mad.

by now it might have not been a lie.
there is not said that the new mods will be much higher than the current.
the whole mods will be adjusted and changed.

Same thing I was thinking. They consider all current mirrored stuff OP anyway, so jumping to conclusions that the new stuff will have the potential to have even higher deeps is a stretch.

At the end of the day the state of mirrored gear depends on them retroactively nerfing or not nerfing existing affixes.

Items that take like avg. 3000+ex to be created should be "OP", those arnt casual items.
Everything is fine with them. The only problem GGG might have with those items is the effort it takes to create them, it's to easy. (They allready changed the %chance to hit flat physical for example, which might have not been enough so they add complete new tiers, which might be a bit better than the current top mods, could also be the other way round ofc., but in the end the crafting process will take more currency on paper)
> Alt Arts for Sale: /view-thread/3260276

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!
IGN: Daario__Naharis, Captain__Harlock, Paul__Atreides
Marty__McFly, Silk__Spectre. Kylo__Ren
"
xpxtxp wrote:
It's fairly easy to understand, new tiers creates emulation and gives the opportunity to clean a stagnant item base. This is also why balances through nerf/up always create emulation.

This is as old as persistent world exists in RPG/ARPG/MMO/Whatever. Player base waits for annoucements of new tier in many others games, as they considers it's one of the main reason to keep them interested.

I'm not judging anything, just explaining. I personnaly like new tier of content, as long as itemization matches new challenges. For now, In beta, as long as you are not an HC player, challenges can easily be acheived by various builds and classes without requeiring any upgrade in tier's itemisation.

that's the best comment, i think.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ - I suck at this game.
"
"
Darkaleb wrote:
There is one, fundamental question that I think really deserves an answer: why they wanna introduce higher tier mods? What is the real reason?
It is not need at all for any balancing purpose, as well explained in a lot of previous posts. So why? I'd like to know that, as others here I guess.
Do you have an answer? What'd I miss?

because crafting is to easy.
new tiers > harder to roll highend tiers > more currency will be needed > less perfect crafts

what's so hard to understand?
why adjust all mods? because they want lower range within the tiers to make it harder to get the good rolls > will take a lot more currency out of the game with crafting

why higher tiers added and not lower?
divines would reroll the stats after the adjustments, if the live server top tiers would still be topiers there wouldnt be any change.
A new tier added declines the divining of a current live server craft (like the legacy critmulti on amulets/quivers) since it would make ur item worse.

Good interpretation of OP only if "because crafting is too easy" is the correct answer to Darkaleb's question. Personally I think they went with the most invasive approach to balancing to intentionally "reset" the mirror-worthy craft market & increase demand for eternals. Why would they want to increase demand for eternals?

Put on your tin foil hats boizz <:)
IGN: KiPad

Mirror Services (/view-thread/778747): #1 Crit Rings for *ALL* builds (Low-life, CI, and Life), #1 1H Axe, #1 Ar Boots, #1 Life Rustic
Last edited by KiPad on Jun 10, 2015, 1:57:55 PM
"
Malone wrote:
kinda offtopic but if you think I would be ashamed lol, that makes me laugh.

I really don't believe that anyone would be simple minded enough to think that you could be ashamed.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Just wanted to say a few words on where i stand regarding perfect crafting gear for mirroring.
Many thing that eternals made the game worse because they've made the crafting of perfect gear a lot easier ( not easy ).
Some think that the mirror of Kalandra is a bad decision to begin with.
And i have to say that i agree with both statements. In my opinion if we have mirrors we should not have eternal orbs and if we have eternal orbs we should not have mirrors.
Personally i think that the second way is better. Why? Let me remind you guys that the initial intend of GGG was to make rare items stronger than uniques while uniques can be best as a build enablers and as items which are useful in some builds while being useless in all/most of the others. This was because GGG didn't want all players to run with the exact same BiS gear pieces thus destroying item diversity ( D2 style ). I must also remind you that this is the reason why we don't have sets. That's all good and i absolutely agree with that decision. But with the mirrors we still end up with many people using the exact same mirrored gear and the rest striving for those items. That kind of screws up the initial intend of the developers. That also discourages many people from crafting because hoarding orbs is just more effective and that screws up with another major idea of GGG - actually using your currency. People still use some of their orbs ... but that's rather an exception. I personally know tons of players ( and yes including myself ) who try not to use their orbs unless it's absolutely necessary. Don't get me wrong i don't blame that entirely on the mirrors but they are a part of that.

This is from the perspective of a perm league player.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jun 10, 2015, 2:45:22 PM
If they had to introduce new tier mods for the higher maps will they also have to balance and tweak unis so that they can still be useful in endgame maps, unis such as
Spoiler
Spoiler
or will they become too under-powered for the new maps??
"but i tell u its just fo' try, fo' peep n' fo' know"
"
grepman wrote:
this just in: GGG doesnt care about *perma-league* people

Noone cares about "perm-League", its boring :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info