State of the Beta - Post #6

The funniest thing, however, is that after 37 pages of doubts, questions, rage posts, "best patch ever!!11!" posts, there is no one GGG reply to help better understand what exactly they have in mind.
I think it would be great in order to save a lot of bile...
"
Darkaleb wrote:
The funniest thing, however, is that after 37 pages of doubts, questions, rage posts, "best patch ever!!11!" posts, there is no one GGG reply to help better understand what exactly they have in mind.

it's all said in the OP.

everbody is just reading higher tier. < might be the problem
if you read the whole thing and refer to chris saying they wont destroy crafters wroks, new items might be "a little bit better" (including the new bases) + the fact the new mods will also bring adjustments and changes to all current mods, should be enough of a hint what will be going on.

but time to flip mirrored items ;) enough ppl wont get whats written in the Op and start to panic now.
flippers dreams are real
> Alt Arts for Sale: /view-thread/3260276

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!
Last edited by Doe on Jun 10, 2015, 4:50:29 AM
"
fid1 wrote:
On the day I finish a craft GGG fucks me over

you can already vendor that shit, not sure that you can clean Cruel act III with it in 2.0.
Or give it to me, I am smart enough to find an use of it.

maybe you can stop crying and understand that what you spent to get 6T1 is by far inferior to what you would need to get the new 6T1, so you didnt lose anything...

WHat do you expect ? that tyranical mod would be easier to get , and the new mod will replace it ? lol, you are dreaming.
Instead of whining you can already start to spare the 50k exalts you will need to craft new perfect T1 items in 2.0.
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Jun 10, 2015, 4:54:47 AM
"
Malone wrote:
<Removed by support>

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/928782/page/25

I still remember the shit u did before.

You had a promise that you would make a good use of the mirrored staff to a generous guy (previous leader of my guild) who was helding a free 3000+ ex giving event.
He gave the mirrored staff to you, and the day after that, you were trying to resell it.

Sorry about off topic :P
IGN: Rayamn
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/723972 (Shop)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1114670 (Mirror Service)
Last edited by Eben_GGG on Jun 10, 2015, 10:15:08 AM
kinda offtopic but if you think I would be ashamed lol, that makes me laugh . Yeah I sold it for few exalts to buy something else that fit better my expectation, good move, very happy with it. Would do again.
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Jun 10, 2015, 6:02:34 AM
"
Darkaleb wrote:

That's because very few people are actually asking questions or asking for clarification, The vast majority of the comments on this threads are statements Such as ( Im paraphrasing here)

"This will ruin my GG Gear.......... I quit"
"OMG path of RMT"
"OMG you said three would never be power creep"
"Crafter noobs, the salt is real"

Its not really appropriate for GGG to respond to these kind of comments individually. And for those who raise interesting points Its much more efficient to pool all of the questions and comments and reply em-mass via a development manifesto or through other means.

"
Tyoll wrote:
"
Darkaleb wrote:

That's because very few people are actually asking questions or asking for clarification, The vast majority of the comments on this threads are statements Such as ( Im paraphrasing here)

"OMG path of RMT"

Its not really appropriate for GGG to respond to these kind of comments individually. And for those who raise interesting points Its much more efficient to pool all of the questions and comments and reply em-mass via a development manifesto or through other means.

There is one, fundamental question that I think really deserves an answer: why they wanna introduce higher tier mods? What is the real reason?
It is not need at all for any balancing purpose, as well explained in a lot of previous posts. So why? I'd like to know that, as others here I guess.
Do you have an answer? What'd I miss?
"
Darkaleb wrote:
"
Tyoll wrote:
"
Darkaleb wrote:

"OMG path of RMT"

There is one, fundamental question that I think really deserves an answer: why they wanna introduce higher tier mods? What is the real reason?
It is not need at all for any balancing purpose, as well explained in a lot of previous posts. So why? I'd like to know that, as others here I guess.

because crafting is to easy.
new tiers > harder to roll highend tiers > more currency will be needed > less perfect crafts

what's so hard to understand?
why adjust all mods? because they want lower range within the tiers to make it harder to get the good rolls > will take a lot more currency out of the game with crafting

why higher tiers added and not lower?
divines would reroll the stats after the adjustments, if the live server top tiers would still be topiers there wouldnt be any change.
A new tier added declines the divining of a current live server craft (like the legacy critmulti on amulets/quivers) since it would make ur item worse.
> Alt Arts for Sale: /view-thread/3260276

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!
Last edited by Doe on Jun 10, 2015, 6:37:16 AM
"

On this point I completely agree

I don't have a solid answer. And again this is something that I think warrants a full development manifesto rather that replying to comments on this thread.

But I think GGG's reasoning for introducing higher tier mods Is probably due to the fact that the end game its self is getting harder so higher tier mods are required to allow players to complete the content.

Now, I'm not sure how true this is, since a character equipped with the current T1 gear will destroy even the hardest of end game content. So it depends on how hard they plan on having the 82 maps once 2.0 goes live.

Or perhaps they plan to shuffle around the rarity of the various mod values to make better gear more available to a broader player base. When you think about it what is now top tier 77 and 78 maps might become the equivalent of 73-74 maps. Whether this is an actual change to the progression of the game or if its just moving the finish line remains to be seen

In any case I'm making assumptions here and it will take input from GGG to resolve these issues. To reiterate this is something that I think warrants a full development manifesto rather that replying to comments on this thread

I can bet that GGG goals are :

- making impossible the craft of perfect gear ( and keeping the eternal/mirror in the game )... I do expect new tier are incredibly rare and top of that, they are adding new mods, so crafting will be really challenging.

- consequence of above, it will be a great currency sink, crafter will spend dozen of thousand of exalts to craft item and may fail at the end.
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Jun 10, 2015, 7:45:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info