State of the Beta - Post #6

I'm not sure how serious this post is or how final but if current BiS gear is going to become just second best. GGG - you're going to loose a lot of your veteran player base that play the permanent leagues, including myself. Working for years towards the kind of gear that I and many other veterans own only to find it loose it's value because there is now better gear is the worst spit in the face you could possibly come up with. I'm hoping I got it wrong but if that's the case - I too am done.
IGN: Ghost_Prototype (100 Shadow - Std)
Remember The Name - Endgame mapping guild. Thread - #1196726
Last edited by GnGEmpire on Jun 10, 2015, 1:05:31 AM
"
Grindrix wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

but it doesnt focus the hit on the monopoly men does it? AXN creates loathe bane, he has a monopoly on its power and demand, then the more and more people mirror it the more he loses its power control. Other people now have copies, can sell loathe banes without him getting anything from that sale. The more it gets out there the more its exclusivity is diluted and his monopoly of the dagger word is lessened.

Now new top tier mods, the fact is that only people like him are going to be able to create the new top tier dagger, and the moment he does so he will now have TOTAL monopoly again. The people who lose out are the lesser people with copies. This doesnt break monopoly, it strengthens it, the people really hurt are the people further down the chain. Those who monopolise should be hit hard? It doesnt really matter if I agree with that statement or not, because that is not what this change brings.

This does hit the top monopolizers. I know some are complaining and hate change. If AXN or his counterparts are the only ones that can make new weapons, then that's how it will play out. That's how it was during the Steam launch anyways. There is that sect of top players that will always create top of the top pieces, and if they aren't complaining, then that's great! The ones complaining deserve everything that comes with it believing a game would never change. More power to those guys that can create the items, but their current markets will still be hit hard and force a restart of a dying- totally over monopolized- Standard... with no big changes, just everyone using the same things from last year. I also believe there is a lot of better monopolizers than there was when it was just AXN. It still forces them to recreate new items, which will have its' cost anyway. If you don't like it, just keep using your original mirrored/mirror worthy pieces you have now, they will work fine. This is the most awesome news I've ever read on PoE. I had lost all faith in big changes until this.

Best patch ever! This hits all the top in one way or another. LOVE YOU GGG!!!

youre talking a load of nonsense. first you say its great because it hits the monopoly men, and then when thats thrown out as nonsense you say its great because it hits other people. All you are talking is hot air, you just flip flop around saying anything to make it sound good. You might be convincing yourself you have a point, but youre not convincing anyone else mate, sry.

"
Grindrix wrote:
[
It is a fresh start to Standard.

no, its not, if you honestly believe that then you have no idea what you are talking about, at all, which I think is already pretty clear to the people who do.

"
Prisma01 wrote:
Please, make some sense. It's obvious that GGG had the increase some values. We got a new act, new endgame material, and people should try that with the same gear? I think that we have a level 82 map now...

no, its not obvious, at all. Level 82 maps? Are you actually aware what the current top end gear is? Have you ever played with it? You can obliterate, not beat, absolutely obliterate lvl78 content with 300pdps 1h weapons. A binos kitchen knife is about 250 pdps, people kill uber atziri with those, they absolutely crush lvl78 maps like its childs play, with a 250 pdps knife... People have 550 pdps rare mirrored daggers. 550. Over double the damage of a binos which is already a weapon that easymode the entire game.

lvl82 content? You would need lvl200 content before those weapons even felt average. With top end current rolls those lvl82 will be a joke, an absolute joke. They HAVE to be a joke, because people in new leagues will barely even have access to gear thats even 2/3 the power of the highest possible rolls even in the richest circles. Even reasonably well off players will only have weapons that provide 1/2 the damage of whats possible, average players who get to lvl82 maps will be expected to beat them with less than 1/2 the potential damage on their weapon, and they will beat them with those weapons.

I dont think you really appreciate just how insanely far beyond all reason the current top end gear is, how absolutely impossible it is to find gear that comes anywhere close to it. Entire 4 month leagues come and go without anyone having a single weapon that could ever compare to what is already technically possible. If we cant completely trivialize lvl82 maps with the current top end gear then no one in a temp league will ever be able to play a lvl82 map because no one is even going to have gear that matches current mirrored standard gear. If a 550pdps dagger cant deal with lvl82 then what? A required lvl65 250pdps binos kitchen knife? I guess that wont even be able to tackle lvl40 content?

I think a binos is going to cut through a lvl82 map like butter even though it has less than 1/2 the power of a current bis dagger. The games top end mods are already so far out there, so absurdly powerful and impossible to get in the right combinations that adding more makes absolutely no sense from a content point of view, at all. This change is literally a misguided attempt to shake up standard by a dev team who doesnt realise that the people who monopolise the current crafts will just churn out the next wave in no time, remain in complete control. It doesnt revitalize, it doesnt shake up, it just pisses off a lot of people who were die hard fans and supporters of the game while achieving nothing of any benefit.

Another balance tweak suggestion:

As i understand it, your RNG picks available mods from the pool with a fixed frequency on available mods. I think you should change that to be variable frequency, and make higher level mods drop with higher frequency on higher level items.

As a concrete example, it should always be better to try to craft an 83 harbinger than an 82 harbinger. Landing on tyrannical should (ever so slightly) be more likely on the 83. This would create reward for the effort of hunting down those ultra-high-level base items for crafting.

haven't seen this talked about anywhere, what's happening with PHASE RUN? is it still to come, or has it been scrapped?
Dark_Chicken - lvl 100 Marauder
Divine_Chicken - lvl 100 Duelist
So this game will never be able to grow because standard league is overly upset about this? I guess we should forever be limited, because the 1% of standard league players at level 97 actually care about this.
I was really excited about the Awakening. I loved the jewels, loved lockstep. I even loved the CWDT nerf. I was ok with the leech changes/shotgun changes..
And then the last couple of announcements made me upset.

I am a new player. I started a couple of months back. I play standard and I'm more or less casual. I like the game, even though I think some aspects of it need improvement...

That being said: what the hell are you doing?!

Maps being hard to get, insulting the intelligence of your playerbase with some bs excuse...
The crappy handling of the reduced mana gem/enlighten change.

And now effectively setting the precedent for adding new tiers with every major expansion...
Which will make a lot of people give up on crafting altogether.

And how convenient that you announced all these unpopular changes when people already threw a lot of money your way.

Some of these changes makes me wonder if GGG does RMT on the side.

New item tiers: people who rmt will have to buy more currency to stroke their ego.
RNGing maps even more: lazy RMT players will buy currency so they could play them without having to relly on RNG.

*waits to get banned for saying this*

(It makes as much sense as: "we don't want players to go over their heads with +2 maps... "
Have you met your playerbase?!)

I will try out Awakening, but if it's as crappy of an experience as I think it will be, I doubt I'll sink any more time into PoE.
Avert thy gaze, child!

IGN: Shadowrope

Standard Warrior
"
Ravenstrider wrote:
I was really excited about the Awakening. I loved the jewels, loved lockstep. I even loved the CWDT nerf. I was ok with the leech changes/shotgun changes..
And then the last couple of announcements made me upset.

I am a new player. I started a couple of months back. I play standard and I'm more or less casual. I like the game, even though I think some aspects of it need improvement...

That being said: what the hell are you doing?!

Maps being hard to get, insulting the intelligence of your playerbase with some bs excuse...
The crappy handling of the reduced mana gem/enlighten change.

And now effectively setting the precedent for adding new tiers with every major expansion...
Which will make a lot of people give up on crafting altogether.

And how convenient that you announced all these unpopular changes when people already threw a lot of money your way.

Some of these changes makes me wonder if GGG does RMT on the side.

New item tiers: people who rmt will have to buy more currency to stroke their ego.
RNGing maps even more: lazy RMT players will buy currency so they could play them without having to relly on RNG.

*waits to get banned for saying this*

(It makes as much sense as: "we don't want players to go over their heads with +2 maps... "
Have you met your playerbase?!)

I will try out Awakening, but if it's as crappy of an experience as I think it will be, I doubt I'll sink any more time into PoE.

New tier with every major expansion you say :)

Path of Diablo boys

Introducing Uberannical more damage!!!

next

Introducing HURRDURuberanical rolls more stronger than ever!!! also known as "Ancient"
Last edited by Pepock on Jun 10, 2015, 3:55:31 AM
"
Chris lied that's whats making people mad.

by now it might have not been a lie.
there is not said that the new mods will be much higher than the current.
the whole mods will be adjusted and changed.
since i dont think they will change every item in the game, it's more like they change the brackets (lower range of rolls between those). so all rare items will stay at their old rolls, turning legacy when the 2.0 hit, a divine will change the item to the new values (eg legacy critmulti on quivers/amulets)

i wouldnt be suprise that the new mods will be at the same stat range, they just add 1 tier to every stat u can roll (which will make crafting a new item way harder, but divining those items way easier tho.)

just my thoughts by reading what has been written in the OP.

tl;dr higher tiers doesnt mean higher rolls, since all mods will be adjusted and changed
> Alt Arts for Sale: /view-thread/3260276

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!
Last edited by Doe on Jun 10, 2015, 4:03:25 AM
"
Pepock wrote:
New tier with every major expansion you say :)

Path of Diablo boys

Introducing Uberannical more damage!!!

next

Introducing HURRDURuberanical rolls more stronger than ever!!! also known as "Ancient"

I'll just wait until Ancient weapons are released on PoE...

"
Genkai wrote:
So this game will never be able to grow because standard league is overly upset about this? I guess we should forever be limited, because the 1% of standard league players at level 97 actually care about this.

Having another bow, dagger, wand, or w.e with ~50 more pdps is going to make the game grow?
._.
New builds? Incentive to try something other than bows or w.e you use to whack stuff?

If you mean people who worked hard in the past to afford mirrored gear now have their items devalued instantly, so they have to cope with losing some exalts to allow new players to work even harder to afford a new 6 t1 gear that will cost even more.
Then heck yea, that's just more GRINDING (gear games, get it? Hahaha miso funny).

The new mod adding flat elemental to spells is pretty cool. It offers possibilities of new builds and fun characters to play assuming they don't leave previous caster wands in the dust.
I like changes like this rather than just boosting numbers...

"
"
lxpandaxl wrote:

Having another bow, dagger, wand, or w.e with ~50 more pdps is going to make the game grow?
._.
New builds? Incentive to try something other than bows or w.e you use to whack stuff?

If you mean people who worked hard in the past to afford mirrored gear now have their items devalued instantly, so they have to cope with losing some exalts to allow new players to work even harder to afford a new 6 t1 gear that will cost even more.
Then heck yea, that's just more GRINDING (gear games, get it? Hahaha miso funny).

this is about higher tier mods

"
lxpandaxl wrote:

The new mod adding flat elemental to spells is pretty cool. It offers possibilities of new builds and fun characters to play assuming they don't leave previous caster wands in the dust.

this is about new mods

I dont understand what ur point is.
I think everyone accepts new mods, but complain about higher tier mods introducing.

If its just a grinding game like u said, why dont we save most of our property, and stop crafting 6t1 weapon until the final patch (if it exisits LOL)? because theoretically there wont be a higher tier shit after final patch.

I'm not making a point. Just questioning what Genkai means cause his statement makes no sense and agreeing with Pepock.
How does adding a new tier make a game grow? I'm guessing he just means that more people will grind for longer hours... in which case, I agreed that this is what will happen.
Last edited by lxpandaxl on Jun 10, 2015, 4:43:44 AM
"
lxpandaxl wrote:

._.

this is about higher tier mods

"
lxpandaxl wrote:

this is about new mods

I dont understand what ur point is.
I think everyone accepts new mods, but complain about higher tier mods introducing.

If its just a grinding game like u said, why dont we save most of our property, and stop crafting 6t1 weapon until the final patch (if it exisits LOL)? because theoretically there wont be a higher tier shit after final patch.
IGN: Rayamn
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/723972 (Shop)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1114670 (Mirror Service)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info