Map Drops in The Awakening

"
Doitfrlulz wrote:
carto boxes is new Shavronne now?

they neutered cartos as well. i spent 100+alts and over 20c trying to get mirrored and +2/3 level on a carto earlier to no avail

it was a 70 map and i got three 71s lol...
Can anybody else hear the prices of chaos orbs sky-rocketing?

I will probably give up on maps altogether and make a MF character.

The thing that bothers me most in PoE just got more annoying. Especially for casuals.
Great job! /sarcasm

Just make Atziri-like content for 1%ers.

And I agree with somebody who said that sudden increase in difficulty makes players quit.
I almost quit when my spec/items became "not good enough" around act 3 merc.
Just make the whole merc difficulty super hard and make players grind cruel for a bit. This will open up a market for lvl 50ish decent items.

I kind of hate the "only gg items are worth getting" thing.

On a different note, I think the "bosses drop more items" is a great idea because of bosses in maps being less profitable to do than bosses in merc was stupid imho.

Avert thy gaze, child!

IGN: Shadowrope

Standard Warrior
Increasing the drop rate of higher-tier maps so that it's closer to (but not the same as) that of the live servers.

IT'S CALLED NERF.......
N
E
R
F
i haven't played beta long enough to experience the new map drop values. some say they can sustain easily, most say its terrible. i just want to say that don't gate high maps behind rng too much. make those dangerous mods that add big amount of quantities actually feel worth taking the risk. make sure that the difference of map returns between low quant and high quant maps are actually noticeable. we already spend almost all currency we have to rolling and trying to sustain our maps if we want to go for ladder. lastly, unique beyond bosses and exiles should be able to drop +2 as well.
Last edited by zatapatik on Jun 9, 2015, 5:30:51 AM
Really dont like this change and overall a nerf to map drop rates. The thing GGG should do is keep same drop rates as in released version, but change the drop rates for the bosses like they are doing here.
"
Ravenstrider wrote:
Can anybody else hear the prices of chaos orbs sky-rocketing?

Yes. And that's a good thing. Before cartos, rolling maps was required in order to progress. Then Cartos came in and we got spoiled with relatively easy map pools. Then they nerfed cartos. And quite frankly it was still easy to hover at 76 maps, even running blues. Now they're introducing a system that, I hope, will actually reward rolling difficult maps with more consistent map RNG. It's good for the economy (imho) to give chaos orbs a use again rather than just to be present in the game as a dollar bill.

As long as the system actually works, anyway. I'm hoping that's what they mean by difficulty sustaining high tier map pools. Aka, you'll need to invest currency to keep it going, and that rolling difficult map affixes will see consistent rewards in regards to map chaining.

Basically, this:

"
BlazeItFgt wrote:
make those dangerous mods that add big amount of quantities actually feel worth taking the risk. make sure that the difference of map returns between low quant and high quant maps are actually noticeable... unique beyond bosses and exiles should be able to drop +2 as well.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Jun 9, 2015, 5:39:28 AM
"
"
Doitfrlulz wrote:
carto boxes is new Shavronne now?

they neutered cartos as well. i spent 100+alts and over 20c trying to get mirrored and +2/3 level on a carto earlier to no avail

it was a 70 map and i got three 71s lol...

kek
rip solo mapping its not what i expect from new patch
easy solution its make map drops same for group as for solo, let dem raids swimming in their 250iiq currency and uniq drops. Balancing solo play around guys who live in game ladder and racing to 100 in month its ridiculous change
ign - FancySneakyDevil
Last edited by Doitfrlulz on Jun 9, 2015, 5:38:37 AM
It was so nice to read the comments in this thread after the mass QQ I saw on Reddit.

Fantastic changes, it would be nice to roll rare maps again instead of blues and also if Bosses will drop +2 maps very frequently it will be almost a buff instead of a nerf.

Hyped as always.
"
oRieLLi wrote:
It was so nice to read the comments in this thread after the mass QQ I saw on Reddit.

Fantastic changes, it would be nice to roll rare maps again instead of blues and also if Bosses will drop +2 maps very frequently it will be almost a buff instead of a nerf.

Hyped as always.

A bit OT, but yeah, I largely avoid reddit on big announcements like this. I find the forums much more constructive when it comes to criticism, generally speaking. There's been some good points here today.

Back OT: I fully agree. I'm able to sustain my map pools on live (with reasonable consistency) running nothing but blues 'til about 76. Then I start alcing.

We'll have to see what kind of consistency bosses have in regards to the +2 drop though, before I pass judgement on whether it's a nerf or a buff.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
I just don't get why GGG constantly makes the game less enjoyable or even almost impossible for non no-lifers.

Less people having fun means less people willing to buy supporter packs, doesnt it?
My Build Compendium: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1634158

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info