Map Drops in The Awakening

Running a high level map waiting for another one to drop and then finishing it realizing it didn't happen is just awful and demotivating.

I was looking forward to the new maps and really hoping for endgame content not being gated behind RNG walls any more. Seems like it's going in the opposite direction now.
Last edited by Stirnwand on Jun 9, 2015, 6:05:47 AM
"
I just don't get why GGG constantly makes the game less enjoyable or even almost impossible for non no-lifers.

Less people having fun means less people willing to buy supporter packs, doesnt it?

I think GGG would be happy to see the game and the company fold as the last few players stopped playing and supporting, as long as they could say they went down while having a 'good game economy'.
Casually casual.

Sounds like yet another added difficulty layer to hc (I like to play hc and mainly solo, despite the inadvisability of it). I already end up running lots (and lots and lots and..) of <72s, being forced to run the harder maps just to stand a chance of sustaining even these doesn't sound like much fun, not to mention having to take on all bosses (some = rip over the long run). Anyway, hc I guess will truly be HC by the time they have finished with all these changes, hopefully somebody will actually play it! Don't get me wrong though, I enjoy increased challenges and am looking forward to my many more rips, but as you can always roll a map to make it more challenging I don't see the point to further gate map drops, but having said that I guess thats part of playing hc: some maps/bosses etc are best avoided and can lead to some excessive repetition, but I still personally prefer it to sc. I just don't want it to be an empty league :)

Just a question (I've not been playing CB so I am unaware of map drop changes there, enjoying the break - although I'll be doing the CT event - until 2.0 is released). Does playing in a group now increase map drops or was it a misread? Not cool if it does... (ty for the answer).
Last edited by Drakkon1 on Jun 9, 2015, 7:14:31 AM
"
Drakkon1 wrote:
Does playing in a group now increase map drops or was it a misread? Not cool if it does...

No it doesn't. They're just illustrating based on data that they've gathered that a few parties have managed it, likely by pooling their currency and maps and chaining Zanas.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
I don't really often comment on GGG post but i will do it this time.

I'm really happy if maps (the all game) will be more difficult. PoE was too easy since atziri HC league (best league ever for me). And for the guys crying cause they chain rip in merci remember PoE is a Hardcore game. If you want to destroy monsters with shiny colors effects and big numbers go play Diablo 3.
So, make the game more difficult but make it more fair too! I played more than 3K hours in HC and honestly in term of map pool construction running white maps or 120% quality maps just doesn't matter, it's pure RGN and it's sucks. You have to start, imo, to reward players who try hard. At the begining of a league the guy with the best map pool shouldn't be the guy with more luck but the one with more skill and theory crafting intellect. Not even the map drop system has to be rework for me but the complete map crafting system too. It's borring, always trying to get pack-size+magic mobs...

I know it's not the topic but linking is not fair too, you can play well, trade well, have some luck for item drops but you can ruin yourself in no time if you want to 6l an item and you are stuck. 1500 fusings recipy is not a valide answer. Pure RNG is not an answer too.

I understand it's an H&S game based on RNG but you have to reward good players at some point.
Last edited by hrodgar09 on Jun 9, 2015, 6:39:36 AM
Seriously??? map to hard for a player? well let me be the boss of that I dont need you to tell me that map might be to hard I want to experience that myself. Most stupid saying from Cris ever!!! I really loved this company and supported it with lots of money because i always believed the direction they where taking. but this saying its like saying you players are a bunch of re***ds and we need to protect you! I dont freaking want that if i wanted that i would still play D3!

Fuck im pissed!
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/913599 <--- mirror Thread
"
PaladinSMD wrote:
Seriously??? map to hard for a player? well let me be the boss of that I dont need you to tell me that map might be to hard I want to experience that myself. Most stupid saying from Cris ever!!! I really loved this company and supported it with lots of money because i always believed the direction they where taking. but this saying its like saying you players are a bunch of re***ds and we need to protect you! I dont freaking want that if i wanted that i would still play D3!

Fuck im pissed!

+1

minion stats: http://goo.gl/gQxs0w
Modifiers: http://goo.gl/jGIr8b
Zombie dps calculator: http://goo.gl/XIStJV
"
papas88063 wrote:
"
pinetemplar wrote:
My main concern is for solo players like myself. It is very hard and if drop rate will be even lover almost impossible to play in high level maps. Which will decrease desire to play at all.

yeah I like to play solo as well and this seems like it will be less rewarding for solo players. Well all the false hype and then beta made me leave anyway, I doubt I come back when act 4 comes to live.

I hate that end game is behind a RNG gate and group play. Unfortunately for me, I really love solo play and GGG seems to be forcing group play. I kinda find it amusing that GGG seems to make their changes based on what the top 5% are able to do in a full group of 6 than the other 95%.

Yes.

Problems I for see for solo

1. People skip bosses because the cant do them so having them drop more doesn't help them. So lowering the drop rate for the rest of of the map will mean that it will be harder to maintain even a same level pool of maps.

2. You didn't say whether the more difficult A4 will drop better loot more often like maps do. If there isn't a chance to upgrade your character why would people bother after the first couple of times.

Fight censorship
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/
I have some questions about maps.

1. What is going to happen to the Zana daily zone level? Is it going to be increased from 74-77?
2. What is going to happen to the corrupted area levels, created by Sacrifice Fragments?
3. What is going to happen to the Apex of Sacrifice and the Alluring Abyss level? Are they still 70 and 80?
"
Mr_Bill wrote:
1. People skip bosses because the cant do them so having them drop more doesn't help them. So lowering the drop rate for the rest of of the map will mean that it will be harder to maintain even a same level pool of maps.

I honestly don't see the issue here. There are 62 regular map bases in 1.3 right now. Of those, the majority of people I play with and know only skip two bosses with regularity: Jungle Valley, and Labryinth. That's only 3.2% of the map bosses. I'll go ahead and throw in Graveyard Merveil, Residence and Palace Dominus to bring the total up to five. That's still only 8% of the bosses.

Are there any others people are skipping with regularity?
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info