We are in the future

Atomicly precise manufacturing!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fbbOjhuaGg

For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
Last edited by SkyCore on Dec 26, 2016, 7:28:37 PM
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
"
BelieverP wrote:
well I get it computer are smart and we will be their slaves

Pets. Slaves have to be useful. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Generative modeling (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generative_adversarial_networks)is a field of ai that is far more advanced than the general populace is aware of.
This video shows a laymans introduction: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQO2PcEW9BY&t=281s
While this video goes much more in depth: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeJINHjyzOU

Here is an actual downloadable demo in which you can describe something and the ai will draw it for you photo-realistically: http://prostheticknowledge.tumblr.com/post/151629258211/learning-what-and-where-to-draw-proof-of-concept
True artificial intelligence impossible.

Computers and programs can't do anything they're not programmed to do.

The day a program spontaneously decides to re-write its own programming (not randomly or accidentally) but for a given reason (and be able to tell us why and what that reason is) that is not programmed into it to start with, then I'll concede that we have AI. Until then, it's Simulated Intelligence.
Last edited by Darkfyre on Apr 17, 2017, 12:26:18 AM
"
Darkfyre wrote:

Your ignorance is showing. Convolutional Neural Networks (CNNs) are a general purpose paradigm for solving any problem for input data of contiguously related information such as images or speech. They arent programmed for a singular purpose, they can solve them ALL. It merely needs an error function which we can control to direct its learning.

"
Darkfyre wrote:

The day a program spontaneously decides to re-write its own programming (not randomly or accidentally) but for a given reason (and be able to tell us why and what that reason is) that is not programmed into it to start with, then I'll concede that we have AI. Until then, it's Simulated Intelligence.

That is not intelligence. It is goal selection. ALL goals are fictional constructs. Objectively, no goal is better than any other goal.
Furthermore, those with actual insight realize that programmed goals are a good thing. It provides utility through control. What good is a robot whom doesnt do what they are told? And perhaps more important in the long term, the issue of safety is of paramount concern. They need to blindly conform to the designers control or else they become dangerous to human existence. Not because of some universal law which says mankind should be protected, but because we assert it.
"
SkyCore wrote:
"
Darkfyre wrote:

Your ignorance is showing. Convolutional Neural Networks (CNNs) are a general purpose paradigm for solving any problem for input data of contiguously related information such as images or speech. They arent programmed for a singular purpose, they can solve them ALL. It merely needs an error function which we can control to direct its learning.

"
Darkfyre wrote:

That is not intelligence. It is goal selection. ALL goals are fictional constructs. Objectively, no goal is better than any other goal.
Furthermore, those with actual insight realize that programmed goals are a good thing. It provides utility through control. What good is a robot whom doesn't do what they are told? And perhaps more important in the long term, the issue of safety is of paramount concern. They need to blindly conform to the designers control or else they become dangerous to human existence. Not because of some universal law which says mankind should be protected, but because we assert it.

Pattern recognition is not the same as intelligence. Not by a long shot. You can throw all the terminology and technical terms you want and at the end of the day, that is all programming and doesn't contradict my earlier statement about software not being able to do anything you don't program them to.

You can even throw in actual physical neural input, but at that point it's no longer just software and the term Artificial Intelligence (in the traditional sense) would no longer even apply. Plus you still wouldn't achieve artificial intelligence if software is relying on animal or human input to perform whatever functions you want it to.

The ability to self-determine (what you dub "goal selection) is the truest measure of what people traditionally mean when they are referring to AI. Otherwise, like I said before, it's just simulated intelligence which is the difference between emulation and the real deal.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info