Divination Card Update

Any chance that instead of stacks we could get a "deck" for these cards? would fit nicely with the games underlying influences.
Fuck the lab
"
Shimaran wrote:
"
No offense but that art is really really out of place. In fact, Divination cards are really out of place.

That's exactly what I think ! Divination cards art is miles away from the atmosphere of the game. And even if it was in PoE's theme, these cards are not pretty. They look like they have been drawn by a 6-year-old children.

I agree on the art being "out of place", althouh I don't buy the 6-year-old sentiment. They are well-drawn, but they do indeed seem completely "off" the theme somehow. Changing the background on the cards away from this "fuzzy grey" might help a lot - right now they are not "crisp" at all.

A bigger concern I have with divination cards is the space for F2P-players. If one needs to hold 75 different divination cards that takes up 75 spaces in the stash, and for those who have 4 tabs that is quite a lot. They should come up with some alternative storage for the cards, so it doesn't "force" people to get more stash-space.

I hope you listen to the constructive criticisms, GGG? I mean no harm with my concerns, but the process seems a little rushed compared to all the other things you have implemented.
Love the flavour text on Lost Love card, it's from my all-time favourite poem, Funeral Blues by W. H. Auden.

EDIT: I wonder if GGG obtained permission to quote that, AFAIK Auden's work isn't public domain yet.
The more you depend on forces outside yourself, the more you are dominated by them.
--Harold Sherman
Last edited by mruuh on Jun 2, 2015, 4:24:34 AM
"
mruuh wrote:
I wonder if GGG obtained permission to quote that, AFAIK Auden's work isn't public domain yet.

I was wondering the same thing:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Funeral_Blues

"
"Funeral blues" is copyrighted by the Estate of W.H. Auden. According to The W. H. Auden Society, only Random House, Faber & Faber, and Curtis Brown Ltd. can give permission to reprint the text.
Last edited by BurakUeda on Jun 2, 2015, 4:45:50 AM
Does stash search function work with cards? All card groups in stash/inventory look the same, it could take some time to find the necessary one, especially when player has many different card groups
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke
IMHO, Divination Cards are useless. They do not anything new to gameplay, thats just collecting, like the way to create orbs from shards or way to trade 1/3 of item. First is already in the game, second is just sick.

The tree jewels look incredible but DC are horrible.

If you just wanted to force players to buy new stash tabs you could do it in less insulting way.

Heavily disappointed.
Hateful post.
Last edited by Kaskar on Jun 2, 2015, 5:06:27 AM
"
Kaskar wrote:
Heavily disappointed.

Luckily for you, you can just use a loot filter rule to hide all cards, and it will be as if they never existed. Magic! :)
The more you depend on forces outside yourself, the more you are dominated by them.
--Harold Sherman
These cards should help me to get the rarest build changing items I never droped? Meh.
Otherwise they look pretty good. Also I am curious how many cards you could stack to 1 inventory slot?
Good job guys, can't wait for them.
New patch this week? Hype!

I really need to understand how rare are those divination cards, why I would farm cards for a two-stone ring? and more importat, what Item Level is it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info