Divination Card Update

Cool cards, can't wait to collect.
Make Things For Smile!
Hm... If it's a rare i would like to see the itemlevel on the card.... just a suggestion or is the itemlevel of the card the itemlevel of the ring?
"
Sennah25 wrote:
Hm... If it's a rare i would like to see the itemlevel on the card.... just a suggestion or is the itemlevel of the card the itemlevel of the ring?

Item level of the ring will be that off the player handing in the cards up to a max lvl of 80
Designing Cospri's Will: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1665314
Designing Cospri's Malice: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1717008
Iron Heart/Iron Fortress too!
"
ciknay wrote:
Like the two stone ring.

Me too, its more innovative too than those cards that give players exalteds or mirrors.
hope that GGG would introduce Ex and even Mirror cards,i mean,its kinda hard to get them(what is mirror?),and also it can make the trading much easier,for example,if you are selling something,i dont know,for 4.5 ex,they cant pay you 4 and half ex,but if there are cards,then they can pay you 4ex+number of cards that worths half ex,and nobody is going to complain cuz the value is the same.
Regard Lantador's Lost Love...

I am really do not like the WH Auden rip-off text, or 'WH Auden inspired text' (if that way of describing it is less offensive to whomever).

Not because I care about anyone copying from that excellent poem, but because it doesn't feel like a direct quote from real life is fitting for something in Wraeclast - sort of immersion breaking. Like having a card whose description is "Thanks Obama!" or something (extreme example, on purpose).

For anyone interested, here is the poem with the card-text bolded:

Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,
Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone,
Silence the pianos and with muffled drum
Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.

Let aeroplanes circle moaning overhead
Scribbling on the sky the message He Is Dead,
Put crepe bows round the white necks of the public doves,
Let the traffic policemen wear black cotton gloves.

He was my North, my South, my East and West,
My working week and my Sunday rest,
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last for ever: I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now: put out every one;
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the wood.
For nothing now can ever come to any good.

BTW - EH was gay, and it feels iffy for this card to change the "he" to "she" which feels like "straight washing" it. OTOH, is the card's text about the woman in the image, or from the woman's pov? Maybe answering the question is worse then not knowing.
"
BINARYGOD wrote:
Regard Lantador's Lost Love...

I am really do not like the WH Auden rip-off text, or 'WH Auden inspired text' (if that way of describing it is less offensive to whomever).

Not because I care about anyone copying from that excellent poem, but because it doesn't feel like a direct quote from real life is fitting for something in Wraeclast - sort of immersion breaking. Like having a card whose description is "Thanks Obama!" or something (extreme example, on purpose).

For anyone interested, here is the poem with the card-text bolded:

Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,
Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone,
Silence the pianos and with muffled drum
Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.

Let aeroplanes circle moaning overhead
Scribbling on the sky the message He Is Dead,
Put crepe bows round the white necks of the public doves,
Let the traffic policemen wear black cotton gloves.

He was my North, my South, my East and West,
My working week and my Sunday rest,
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last for ever: I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now: put out every one;
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the wood.
For nothing now can ever come to any good.

BTW - EH was gay, and it feels iffy for this card to change the "he" to "she" which feels like "straight washing" it. OTOH, is the card's text about the woman in the image, or from the woman's pov? Maybe answering the question is worse then not knowing.

Of course it's about the woman pictured, so the gender change is totally appropriate. I find it stunning that anyone would come to any other conclusion. Frankly, it seems to me that you're just trying to stir up shit by even writing the BTW bit.

And what is wrong with (aside from stupid as shit copyright issues) using good writing from the real world? If it referenced real world events/places/etc I'd agree with you, but the quoted passage does none of that.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
Last edited by Archwizard on Jun 5, 2015, 2:37:15 AM
"
BINARYGOD wrote:

If this poem was from a woman to a man, would it be any different to invert the pro-nouns to make it applicable to another persons love?

This poem is not about gender preference, it is about a loved one lost. Someone taking a poem and adjusting the pronouns to match their situation is part of what makes poetry a great medium for sharing and identifying with others.

It is an interesting point to comment on gender preference of the author as it may give insight to who that person was, but it doesn't have relevance when someone else is using it as a reference to liken their own love experience.

Personally I have not read the personal story of the creator of this item, but the choice in poetry is touching and conveys a lot of powerful emotion. I would say I quite appreciate the design choice on this item. Especially incredible is the fact that the creator chose to represent the relation ship with divination cards that create a random two stone ring, if we want to read into things the way an author didn't intend why not read the direction of how unique it is that this creates a ring representing a relation and that ring is unique. (not in terms of in game unique but in terms of an item that is not the same as another item)
Last edited by sweetaction on Jun 8, 2015, 3:58:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info