Divination Card Update

This brings a whole new level of flavor into the game. I am mostly speechless. I hope the Highgates are going to be creative and the flavor texts are going to be good.
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
Last edited by Jadran on Jun 2, 2015, 5:39:59 PM
"
elwindakos wrote:
"
Cazychel wrote:

The poem by W.H.Auden seems to be still copyrighted (like someone already pointed out)!!!

There is no originality neither on poems,neither on music.

Though he might be possible got the idea from that poem,it is nowhere near the same,so no,no copyright infrigement,lol.

It's basically a close copy of a stanza out of Funeral Blues. In the US, however, you'd probably have a good case for fair use. It's not the entire thing, only a part. Its meaning is very different. It's not directly being used for profit (no one is selling the card for its words) and it does have some changes. You'd be pretty hard pressed to make a substantial similarity case out of it if Random House ever decided to try (they own the copyright in the US). In New Zealand I have no idea. But come 2035, it enters the public domain (in the US).

http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Author:Wystan_Hugh_Auden
Last edited by eudaemon69 on Jun 2, 2015, 5:42:58 PM
"
... the divination cards are pretty, but it's hard to believe that 3 of the first 31 approved card creations are trolls.

Well, 3x chaos orb isn't the worst thing *ever*, but it's still nothing a self-found person can't already farm for efficiently by selling rares.

I'm a person who loves options, and having the option to get more chaos orbs besides relying on vendors is always a welcome addition.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
The art for Three Faces in the Dark is absolutely gorgeous. It maintains the ominous, dark feel of Wraeclast.
Great news, the chaos orb card looks really great. The other two... whatever.
A card album is an absolute must imo. Even if not for storing them, but as an achievement collection "once you found these cards".

I think it will be great for the game, as ppl can feel like they are progressing towards xy rare item, instead of complaining about how long they have played and never found anything good.
However I wouldn't link the cards to zones, but to mobs. So you would hunt for zombies, rhoas, etc., farm less popular bosses for div cards, instead of just killing everything in sight. Maybe even to rouge exiles...

On the down side, I can't help but feel like this new system is just boring.
When first announced, I was hoping for something recepie-like, like rune-words were in D2. There could be like 20-30 tarot cards, and supporters could submit recepies for certain items instead of the shard itself. Maybe even some crafting-like mechanism, where if you add certain cards to the recepie, you can slightly modify the resulting item. Instead, now we can collect item shards.
Just my thoughts, maybe later there will be something similar.
IGN: Maelifica
Last edited by Daxora on Jun 2, 2015, 6:35:54 PM
I'm really on the fence about these cards.

On one hand, I really like the idea of being able to farm certain areas where I know there is an increased chance to find a certain item I may want. I feel that a bit of predictability would be a nice thing to bring to PoE.

On the other hand, I'm REALLY hoping we don't have to ID all those cards to even see if we want to keep them. I'm somewhat concerned that after identifying several hundred cards I'll end up simply ignoring them when they drop. I also hope they don't take up a bunch of stash space. And if they are in the stash I hope they'll be recognizable without having to hover or click on each one. It will be nice if the cards will have symbols similar to the map symbols while in the stash.

Hopefully divination cards will turn out to be fun and useful but for the moment I'll remain skeptical.

Quite disappointed by these cards.
Ok, some art.
Its possible some cards would actually change the game mechanics, but...

I'm skeptical.
At best, is just like some low level leveling unique. Works for a time, there's a hype about it being launched, then it goes to oblivion.

And I expect most cards won't even be picked up.

On the other hand, would be nice if some cards could actually make a card GAME.
Like gwent =D
2 out of three cards are good. but really why put a crappy unique like lifesprig in there? whoever thought of that needs to have theyr head examined
I like that rare ring, could even use it to get chance/chaos/regal orb recepie!
Designed a card as therapy, because I can't afford a Highgate supporter pack :P

I think most of the uniques would be taken so I decided an alternative would be to make a card that vendors useful crafting currency or currency towards trading for a high-end item.

Initially I thought vendoring may give all 4. Now I'm leaning toward RNG 1-4 items and those 1-4 RNG'd out of the 4 listed, to not make the drops too rare and hard to collect a set. *Changed see Edit below.

So, it's all fun but maybe someone can take this and submit something like it for an actual Highgate card.

Interested to read comments.

I think the chest image is from a PoE concept art sheet

"
Archwizard wrote:
Can't have more than one type of item on a card.

Edit: Damn, shame it didn't exactly spell it out "only 1 item" in the submission section. It sort of says it better in the section before. So I've edited the change to 3x Exalted (instead of 1 Eternal 1 Exa 1 Divine 1 Blessed).
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
100% Ethical, most of the time.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Last edited by Vaydra on Jun 3, 2015, 3:27:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info