[2.0] SRS build compendium: Life, Hybrid, Lowlife

"
MatrixFactor wrote:
"
cmphx wrote:
"
MatrixFactor wrote:
Yeah L4 empower is no longer top dog if you're running Anger. Now that SRS is 100% dmg effectiveness, Anger is better than Haste. All gems except for empower boost anger's damage. Empower only interacts with Haste/Hatred.

what are you crazy

Haste gives you and your minions movespeed. alot of attackspeed for minions, and ALOT of castspeed for you. do you really want to drop that for a little flat fire damage? Haste is one big reason for a very good clearspeed for maps.

and empower also interacts with meleephysical.

Why do you think I have a DPS spreadsheet where all the variables (except movespeed) are accounted for?

Hatred+Anger+Vaal Haste+Flesh Offering+Elem Weakness | L21 SRS +3 fire staff | SRS - Multi - Echo - Min Dmg - Cull Strike - Splash => 1114k peak DPS.

Hatred+Haste+Vaal Haste+Flesh Offering+Elem Weakness | L21 SRS +3 fire staff | SRS - Emp L4 - Echo - Min Dmg - Cull Strike - Splash => 960k peak DPS. (966k with MPD instead of culling).

i know youre using your spreadsheet, which is really good, somehow it doesnt work on my computer though. I got some points to mention here:

1. youre using the old dps numbers on the srs gem; the new datamined values are higher, we dont know if its correct, but 2.0 base srs dmg should be higher than 1.3. yet youre using updated anger damage values, which makes anger appear stronger than it might be.
2. what if you leave out ele weakness ?
3. max. number of spirits has discrete breakpoints which one should min/max for, not sure if that is accounted in your sheet
4. peak dps is kind of an artificial number and i dont understand why you list splash as a link there - the only fight where you really need all of dps possible and you want to compare that is uber atziri split phase, and there the last thing you want is melee splash. please account for that. whats the 6th link then?
5. also using multistrike can produce severe mana issues

even if anger still gets more peak dps than haste, a statement like "anger is better than haste" sounds too plain for me. For mapping, you clearly want move/castspeed for yourself and your minions, movespeed=clearspeed for srs, even more so since innerforce/qualityAA is no longer present.
I'd rather state it like "for the highest peak DPS, use Anger(Lvl21!) instead of haste"
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
> somehow it doesnt work on my computer though.

I added some public sheets that you can edit without having to duplicate the spreadsheet. Try using them.

> the new datamined values are higher, we dont know if its correct, but 2.0 base srs dmg should be higher than 1.3

There's no reason for them to give a giant buff to SRS in 2.0. I'm using 1.1.5 values * 0.8 (1.2) * 0.92 (1.3). These are the best estimates we have going off of official data.

> max. number of spirits has discrete breakpoints which one should min/max for, not sure if that is accounted in your sheet

Don't think this is true. If you have 0.5 of a spirit active, it just means that a spirit is attacking for half a second rather than a full second.

> also using multistrike can produce severe mana issues

Even more severe with empower L4 which increases the base cost as well as applies a 1.25 multiplier.

> the last thing you want is melee splash.

Empower L4 > MPD > added fire > increased duration as splash replacements.

"
cmphx wrote:
even if anger still gets more peak dps than haste, a statement like "anger is better than haste" sounds too plain for me. For mapping, you clearly want move/castspeed for yourself and your minions, movespeed=clearspeed for srs, even more so since innerforce/qualityAA is no longer present.
I'd rather state it like "for the highest peak DPS, use Anger(Lvl21!) instead of haste"

It's a comparison of peak DPS vs faster movespeed. Castspeed/atk speed isn't an issue since individual spirits do more damage with anger, so ramp up with anger is actually faster than with haste (depsite less cast/atk speed). I don't know which is better in practice without testing, but neither do you. :P Let's see.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
"
MatrixFactor wrote:

It's a comparison of peak DPS vs faster movespeed. Castspeed/atk speed isn't an issue since individual spirits do more damage with anger, so ramp up with anger is actually faster than with haste (depsite less cast/atk speed). I don't know which is better in practice without testing, but neither do you. :P Let's see.

well im playing with 21srs/emp4 right now in live and i can tell you the damage on a 6L is complete overkill for mapping, palace dominus (the highest HP boss outside uber?) goes down with a blink of an eye, even with melee splash, anger is a complete waste right now. not sure how that will be in 2.0, but even with 35% increased life, i dont think that would change anything.

On the castspeed thing: get some castspeed wands, a faster casting/spellecho gem and cast speed gear, haste+vaal haste in docks. slowly increase the castspeed modifier and observe what it does to the total number of spirits alive at a time. you'll notice certain, weird breakpoints.
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
"
Minions have 30% less Added Damage

How does this change things?
"
*tested this in beta. EB/MoM/ZO isn't good because it's not enough regen to sustain SRS (especially with vaal haste), and we never get ES recharge since we'd have to stand still for 3 sec for it to start + not take damage + wait for it to recharge.*

This poster, AngryAA/AngryAfrican posted this video guide of his summoner (SRS primary) build that is EB/MoM/ZO and he is able to spam plenty of 5L SRS without ever coming close to running out of ES. He continues to recharge ES even when he takes damage, and when he *does* avoid damage for ~3 seconds, he insta recharges all of his ES. Am I missing a mechanic here, or was this changed? If it remains as it is shown in this video, I feel this may be the route I will take with my SRS build. If I am mistaken about something, please don't roast me too hard haha. Thanks guys.

http://youtu.be/ekG2R4CGRMk is the video link. I am not AngryAA and take no credit for his work.
"
BearsAreBrown wrote:
"

Haste >> Anger as a second 50% aura for sure
"
Brodrick2527 wrote:
"
*tested this in beta. EB/MoM/ZO isn't good because it's not enough regen to sustain SRS (especially with vaal haste), and we never get ES recharge since we'd have to stand still for 3 sec for it to start + not take damage + wait for it to recharge.*

This poster, AngryAA/AngryAfrican posted this video guide of his summoner (SRS primary) build that is EB/MoM/ZO and he is able to spam plenty of 5L SRS without ever coming close to running out of ES. He continues to recharge ES even when he takes damage, and when he *does* avoid damage for ~3 seconds, he insta recharges all of his ES. Am I missing a mechanic here, or was this changed? If it remains as it is shown in this video, I feel this may be the route I will take with my SRS build. If I am mistaken about something, please don't roast me too hard haha. Thanks guys.

http://youtu.be/ekG2R4CGRMk is the video link. I am not AngryAA and take no credit for his work.

Yeah that video does seem fine. I guess I didn't try to make it work hard enough. Still doesn't seem worth it unless you can squeeze in 3 50% auras.

---

"
BearsAreBrown wrote:
"

[/quote]

Updated the DPS calculator. Hatred+anger are still top dogs. 30% less added damage is 21% less overall damage.

"

Yeah that video does seem fine. I guess I didn't try to make it work hard enough. Still doesn't seem worth it unless you can squeeze in 3 50% auras.

Going to continue my ignorance here, but what would the 3 auras be? Hatred, Anger, and Haste?
"
Brodrick2527 wrote:
"

Going to continue my ignorance here, but what would the 3 auras be? Hatred, Anger, and Haste?

Exactly right.

I've never played SRS and I think I'm going to make it my initial build for The Awakening. I really appreciate the advice and expert commentary in this thread. Please indulge me for one last question. In the "potential trees" section of the OP, several are listed as having 3x 50% auras. Are these auras achievable solely with the mana reservation nodes from the tree, or do they require the addition of an Alpha's Howl and/or Enlighten gem? I see the spreadsheet in the OP but a little confused by how to use it. Again, thanks for any input and for all the info in this thread.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info