[2.0] SRS build compendium: Life, Hybrid, Lowlife

"
rangda wrote:
As of the latest patch 2nd and 3rd trees aren't displaying. Any chance for an update of them? I have a friend that wants to try SRS in the beta, building a tree is beyond his skill level, and I don't know summoners that well.

Alright, I updated them.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
Sorry for my english, it is not my native, but i will try. =)

Passive Tree

First thing first - Jewel node near at CI is for "Intuitive Leap" to save 3 points and get "Essence Surge", "Influence" and "Infused Shield" w/o CI node. Also we can save another 2 point near at "Charisma" (east of tree) by the same way.

In total we get 115 points for LL build and 113 if we cut "Arcane Vision" and link "Deep Wisdom" and "Nimbleness".
Further we can take Jewel node above "Lord of Dead" (2 points), another one below "Nimbleness" (2 point) or one more on west from "Dynamo" (3 points STR). Or take "Mental Rapidly" to increase cast speed and mana regeneration and/or "Pain Attunement" if we going LL.

EB seems worthless for CI or LL SRS builds. We are specialized on sustaining SRS casting and until we casting ES cannot start regenerate.

Main goal of passive tree remains the same, all difference in gear and skills. Even w/o LL we can afford more buffs, even w/o RM gem.
So two key gems for the build is "Intuitive Leap" and "Enlightening"
Last edited by axazol on Jun 25, 2015, 8:18:23 PM
"
axazol wrote:
Sorry for my english, it is not my native, but i will try. =)

Passive Tree

First thing first - Jewel node near at CI is for "Intuitive Leap" to save 3 points and get "Essence Surge", "Influence" and "Infused Shield" w/o CI node. Also we can save another 2 point near at "Charisma" (east of tree) by the same way.

In total we get 115 points for LL build and 113 if we cut "Arcane Vision" and link "Deep Wisdom" and "Nimbleness".
Further we can take Jewel node above "Lord of Dead" (2 points), another one below "Nimbleness" (2 point) or one more on west from "Dynamo" (3 points STR). Or take "Mental Rapidly" to increase cast speed and mana regeneration and/or "Pain Attunement" if we going LL.

EB seems worthless for CI or LL SRS builds. We are specialized on sustaining SRS casting and until we casting ES cannot start regenerate.

Main goal of passive tree remains the same, all difference in gear and skills. Even w/o LL we can afford more buffs, even w/o RM gem.
So two key gems for the build is "Intuitive Leap" and "Enlightening"

Wow that is a brilliant suggestion for how to use intuitive leap. Thank you very much for sharing!

I think i'll try this build (Passive Tree) in 2.0 if nothing changes and/or i didn't found out something cardinally new about upcoming changes. But anyone, anytime could try to convince me what i'm wrong and show me what i missed.

Progression
From 1 to 55 lvl
Just take all linked nodes moving clockwise.
Skills: Zombies, Firestorm and Fire Golem

From 55 to 68 lvl
I'm assuming what we already on Merciless.
Grabbing "Deep Thoughts" on top and "Influence" near CI. Refund 2 INT nodes near "Conduit".
Skills: "Bro Totem", Firestorm and Fire Golem

From 66 to 76 lvl
Here we must already clean fourth act on Merciless.
Take minion nodes what left: "Gravepact" and "Death Attunement". Refund 2 INT and take shield nodes near witch. Plus EE and "Essence Surge" near CI.
Skills: "Bro Totem"/"Arc Totem", Fire Golem, Firestorm for AOE and SRS for other cases

From 76 to 84 lvl
Shield nodes: "Unnatural Calm" and "Arcane Focus" with additional INT node to refund useless "Minion Life". Also taking "Mental Rapidity" in cost of "Nimbleness" (swapping movement speed on mana regeneration). Actually, we can stay with "Nimbleness" and spend free point on mana/regen in future perspective.
Plus Jewel socket on east from Scion, if we need it.
Skills: "Bro Totem"/"Arc Totem", Fire Golem, SRS

From 84 to 88 lvl
Ok, tricky part!
If we so lucky and we got "Intuitive Leap", then we grab Jewel socket near CI, putting jewel in it, refund useless INT nodes on both sides from it and taking all three shield nodes above CI w/o CI itself.
Otherwise, if we haven't "Intuitive Leap" - skip this part until we get it.

From 88 to 94 lvl
Additional mana regen and flask improvements.

From 94 to 100 lvl
My congratulations if you are here. ;)
Some life, more mana regen and fourth Jewel socket.
Summary @88lvl:
44 str // 104 dex // 362 int
1116 HP // 54 +238% ES
589 +73% mana // +105% m.regen
-34% mana.reserved // 48% a.effect // 54% a.radius
367 +99% evasion // +24% armour // +10% all.res
3 Jewel sockets (4 @100 lvl)

SRS: +105% dmg // +90% dur // +20% atk.spd
+27% cast.spd // -12% mana.cost

Explanation why i choose such build:

In first i don't think what we need spend points on life or life-regen nodes. Why? Cuz we have ES and we never become enough tanky to survive against bosses. We have minions, skills and unbelievable awesomeness to keep our target at distance. All we need is time between incoming damage to regenerate shield.
Main goal of SRS build - keep distance and produce as much DPS as you can.

About curses - When?
80% of time we casting SRS staying behind some obstacle or at distance;
14% of time we spend on kiting or running from/to mobs;
3% to renew Arc totem;
2% to use Vaal gems;
1% in lags.
Just tell me please, when we must use them?

PS: As longer i trying to figure out what new in 2.0 passive tree - than more i thinking what we may use almost the same build as before with indeed small changes, mostly oriented on new Jewels.

PPS: As always, sorry for my english. =)
Last edited by axazol on Jun 27, 2015, 10:03:10 AM
Do they change how elemental equilibrium works?
or is it still worth skilling when using arc/ball lightning with dual curses?

I'm just curious because I didn't saw anybody skill it in their 2.0 tree.
"
axazol wrote:

Explanation why i choose such build:

In first i don't think what we need spend points on life or life-regen nodes. Why? Cuz we have ES and we never become enough tanky to survive against bosses. We have minions, skills and unbelievable awesomeness to keep our target at distance. All we need is time between incoming damage to regenerate shield.

About curses - When?
80% of time we casting SRS staying behind some obstacle or at distance;
14% of time we spend on kiting or running from/to mobs;
3% to renew Arc totem;
2% to use Vaal gems;
1% in lags.
Just tell me please, when we must use them?

Life: sure it doesn't make sense to get life for a low life build. For a life/es hybrid taking life makes sense for many reasons.

Curses: double curse (4pts) will do more DPS than 12% cast speed (4pts) even against Atziri. Use my DPS spreadsheet to see for yourself. Arc-curse on hit-C1-C2. If you're leveling, Arc-CoH-Enfeeble-Temp chain is also super safe.

"
KeY533 wrote:

Do they change how elemental equilibrium works?
or is it still worth skilling when using arc/ball lightning with dual curses?

I'm just curious because I didn't saw anybody skill it in their 2.0 tree.

No they didn't change it. All the trees in OP are supposed to have it unless I forgot.

"
MatrixFactor wrote:
Life: sure it doesn't make sense to get life for a low life build. For a life/es hybrid taking life makes sense for many reasons.
About hybrid builds - i'm almost agree, but i wouldn't count on health more than 3k-3.5k.
My variation of hybrid build. 2681HP at 97 lvl w/o gear.

"
MatrixFactor wrote:
Curses: double curse (4pts) will do more DPS than 12% cast speed (4pts) even against Atziri. Use my DPS spreadsheet to see for yourself. Arc-curse on hit-C1-C2. If you're leveling, Arc-CoH-Enfeeble-Temp chain is also super safe.
Curses...
As i told before - not much free moments when you can cast curses. Normal and Magic monsters can be simply killed w/o curses. Rare monsters - yes, here you can use whole potential of damage under curses. But in fights with bosses, you must re-cast curses several times.

If count on Curses we may get:
6L(weapon): SRS
4L(helmet): Totem + Sum.Skel + Vaal.Skel + Blind || Ch.Golem/Zomb/Spectr
6L(chest): Arc/BoL + CoH + El.Weak + Punish/Chain + Ink.Dur + Vaal.Hst
2+2(Gloves): BM + Clarity || Gen + Hatred
4L(Boots): Discipline + Haste + Enlighten + Flesh.Offer
Last edited by axazol on Jun 28, 2015, 8:08:35 AM
Btw...
Edited dps calc
Add:
Reduced Mana cost
Punishment
Fortify

Edited resource calc
Add Enlighten
or this
Last edited by axazol on Jun 28, 2015, 3:06:01 PM
"
axazol wrote:

As i told before - not much free moments when you can cast curses. Normal and Magic monsters can be simply killed w/o curses. Rare monsters - yes, here you can use whole potential of damage under curses. But in fights with bosses, you must re-cast curses several times.

I replace totem with arc-curse on hit. Instead of 1 click to only cast totem for EE, I use 1 click to EE and double curse. It's much more time efficient except for super long fights like uber atziri. I've never had to re-curse for map bosses or regular atziri.

Also curses are one of the best defensive mechanisms in game. You may not need them for offense, but they help for defense in all kinds of +dmg/-max maps, where even white/blue mobs can kill you.

"
axazol wrote:

If count on Curses we may get:
6L(weapon): SRS
4L(helmet): Totem + Sum.Skel + Vaal.Skel + Blind || Ch.Golem/Zomb/Spectr
6L(chest): Arc/BoL + CoH + El.Weak + Punish/Chain + Ink.Dur + Vaal.Hst
2+2(Gloves): BM + Clarity || Gen + Hatred
4L(Boots): Discipline + Haste + Enlighten + Flesh.Offer

IMO the 4L Totem/Sum Skel is only useful for uber atziri, or maybe HC.

Also I think punishment won't work with SRS because the monster has to hit the spirit for it to get a buff, and then it will only apply to that one spirit until it expires.

"
axazol wrote:

Btw...
Edited dps calc
Add:
Reduced Mana cost
Punishment
Fortify

Edited resource calc
Add Enlighten
or this

Your spreadsheets are private. I wasn't planning on including punishment/fortify, because they obviously seem sub-optimal. I also don't bother with reduced mana because x% reduced mana can just be thought of 1/x% more mana regeneration.

As for the resource calc, I should just drop the reservation stuff and redirect people to mikelat. His site is nicer to use and I haven't bothered to correctly do the reservation rounding.

"
MatrixFactor wrote:
arc-curse on hit
I think "Ball Lightning" looks better than Arc on CoH link, it's cover more targets per cast.

"
MatrixFactor wrote:
IMO the 4L Totem/Sum Skel is only useful for uber atziri, or maybe HC.
You can change totem on any other minion. Anyway, cast totem with skels or summon zombies is much safer than w/o them, in all cases. Especially on high lvl maps, and especially in 2.0, where mobs on maps will hit harder than before.

"
MatrixFactor wrote:
Your spreadsheets are private. I wasn't planning on including punishment/fortify, because they obviously seem sub-optimal.

Sorry, forgot to share it. Edited dps calc
About Fortify - it's cheap (mana) replacement for MeleePhDmg in case if you have not enough mana regen, and it's better than AddFire 23/20 in red slot.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info