Has anyone submitted a divination card for a single exalt?

This makes me realize how meh divination cards actually are. They are basically just another currency.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Faendris wrote:
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
I recall a couple of Exalted Orb based submissions (different quantities). They weren't finalized when I last checked though.

No offense intended, but is it really a good idea to reveal the divination cards like this? I would have thought that they were supposed to be found in game and provide at least a little surprise.

I should clarify I've only mentioned ideas that hadn't undergone the final stages of approval at the time I'd seen them. Nothing I've "revealed" should be taken as 100% confirmed.

But I see your point, I'll leave it to supporters if they want to tease their own ideas.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
I recall a couple of Exalted Orb based submissions (different quantities). They weren't finalized when I last checked though.

Will the dropzones for different divination cards be disclosed after the beta is over? Or are we going to be finding them out for ourselves?
"
Xavderion wrote:
This makes me realize how meh divination cards actually are. They are basically just another currency.

Currency or items that you can farm for, not just pray to the gods that one drops magically from the sky AND is good for any of your build.

I believe that divination cards are a very nice addition to the game.
Last edited by ivkoto77777 on May 27, 2015, 8:40:49 AM
"
Miská wrote:

No offense ment but to get exalted drops you need to play. I'm abit tired of people saying they get 1 exalt drop per year. That's just bs. If you don't play they won't drop.

BS was that I didn't get a single exalt in my first year of playing PoE.

I've been playing enough to get 5 chars to these levels 85/70/84/81/84. Nothing much, but I've died plenty of times on them, so they could have been higher if I was a better player(and had a better pc :)). Is there a /played command for characters in PoE? I could check that out.
"
Nubatron wrote:

I think chaos recipe effectively does this as well. Get enough chaos, convert to exalt.

The chaos:exalt ratio has inflated so much on standard that it feels like an unending process just to achieve the equivalent of 1 exalt AND THEN you have to.... trade... for the actual exalt. Being able to farm for the precise orb that I want to see just might be enough for me, even if it is not the most economically efficient method. And it will never be the most efficient method when flipping exists...

"

As for your expectations, it might be good to bring them back a little. If I understand correctly, divination cards will be tethered to specific areas for each card. Someone will probably make the card, but can't pick the rarity or where it drops.

I believe my expectations are reasonable. If a eventual 1 exalt card is split into 5 parts, I would expect them to set the droprate of the cards at exalt_drop_rate/5, so I will be able witness my progress much more often than I do now(5 times better progression at that :)))).
"
Xavderion wrote:

Everything in this game is currency since there is no currency.
A couple of exalted orb submissions with different quantities? And in another thread, a chaos orb submission? I'm sorry, but what a waste. I had been hoping for uncommon or rare uniques for which you could set aside a stash tab or two, and then maybe browse it, marvelling over how close you are to get item XY, or considering which ones ones you might be trading for others etc.

But this? How utterly lame.
"
Jojas wrote:
A couple of exalted orb submissions with different quantities? And in another thread, a chaos orb submission? I'm sorry, but what a waste. I had been hoping for uncommon or rare uniques for which you could set aside a stash tab or two, and then maybe browse it, marvelling over how close you are to get item XY, or considering which ones ones you might be trading for others etc.

But this? How utterly lame.

There will be more of those cards than people submitting currency.

"
ivkoto77777 wrote:
"
Miská wrote:

No offense ment but to get exalted drops you need to play. I'm abit tired of people saying they get 1 exalt drop per year. That's just bs. If you don't play they won't drop.

BS was that I didn't get a single exalt in my first year of playing PoE.

I've been playing enough to get 5 chars to these levels 85/70/84/81/84. Nothing much, but I've died plenty of times on them, so they could have been higher if I was a better player(and had a better pc :)). Is there a /played command for characters in PoE? I could check that out.

Like someone said after me, it is probably more reasonable to look at how much you played in that first year. I played this game for abit over a year now, and have had 50+ exalts drop. I did play alot though, so it's all playtime vs reward i guess.

And just as a comparison, i had 0 mirrors, 0 eternals. And i crafted about 300+ 6links. I never had a 6l drop though.

Imo mirrors and eternals are true RNG, exalts not so much.
Last edited by Miská on May 27, 2015, 9:42:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info