Has anyone submitted a divination card for a single exalt?

I believe that the ability to actually farm our main currency will be a great moral boost for some people(myself included).

Since exalts drop EXTREMELY rarely for me and, by relative comparison, a lot more often for other people(i.e once per year for me, while I've heard of people getting them on a weekly/monthly basis). Fragmenting the RNG into 3-4-5-6 smaller pieces sounds like an immense improvement for me, since I'll at least get part of the precious value that such an orb holds.

P.S Are we going to receive information from GGG about each possible divination card's drop zone?
"
ivkoto77777 wrote:
I believe that the ability to actually farm our main currency will be a great moral boost for some people(myself included).

Since exalts drop EXTREMELY rarely for me and, by relative comparison, a lot more often for other people(i.e once per year for me, while I've heard of people getting them on a weekly/monthly basis). Fragmenting the RNG into 3-4-5-6 smaller pieces sounds like an immense improvement for me, since I'll at least get part of the precious value that such an orb holds.

P.S Are we going to receive information from GGG about each possible divination card's drop zone?

I think chaos recipe effectively does this as well. Get enough chaos, convert to exalt.

As for your expectations, it might be good to bring them back a little. If I understand correctly, divination cards will be tethered to specific areas for each card. Someone will probably make the card, but can't pick the rarity or where it drops. I would guess GGG will create artificial rarity by putting some into higher level maps. An exalt divination card would be a prime choice to put into a map.

Just putting some pragmatism out there to help manage expectations.
"
ivkoto77777 wrote:

No offense ment but to get exalted drops you need to play. I'm abit tired of people saying they get 1 exalt drop per year. That's just bs. If you don't play they won't drop.
"
Miská wrote:
"
ivkoto77777 wrote:

No offense ment but to get exalted drops you need to play. I'm abit tired of people saying they get 1 exalt drop per year. That's just bs. If you don't play they won't drop.

It would be more useful for folks to discuss it in terms of hours played.
The reason exalts are valued is because they're rare. Give us a way to reliably farm them, and they'll be worth far less than they currently are. You'll still have to play to get what you want, because that's only a function of time spent... you just have to spend that time in a single area clearing the same mobs over and over.

Not a good design.
I recall a couple of Exalted Orb based submissions (different quantities). They weren't finalized when I last checked though.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
I recall a couple of Exalted Orb based submissions (different quantities). They weren't finalized when I last checked though.

No offense intended, but is it really a good idea to reveal the divination cards like this? I would have thought that they were supposed to be found in game and provide at least a little surprise.
Last edited by Faendris on May 27, 2015, 8:18:35 AM
"
Faendris wrote:
"
Dan_GGG wrote:

No offense intended, but is it really a good idea to reveal the divination cards like this? I would have thought that they were supposed to be found in game and provide at least a little surprise.

C'mon he didn't reveal much now, did he?
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
"
Dan_GGG wrote:

Hm, rereading that statement there is an even bigger problem: do you allow multiple submissions for the same currency just with different quantity? That would really be bad.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
The reason exalts are valued is because they're rare. Give us a way to reliably farm them, and they'll be worth far less than they currently are. You'll still have to play to get what you want, because that's only a function of time spent... you just have to spend that time in a single area clearing the same mobs over and over.

Not a good design.

Actually its a very good design , because hopefully they will not nerf the normal drop rates (so you can get them as before). And you will be able to farm for them and use them more to craft as there is more reliable way of getting them. Great designed, especially as it will boost self found play style a lot and crafting.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info