Can you add lockstep into normal servers please?

"
Nubatron wrote:

It really looks like you are looking for your pound of flesh for something that is on the verge of being a non-factor for a large part of the community. Hell, my latency w/ new servers is next to nil (Less than 20ms) and I had little issue with the Texas server. My experience in beta is flawless.

Even if they did bother to answer you (they shouldn't just for the record), what would you do with it? What if that post accepted full responsibility and apologized for being wrong (also for the record: they were not, heart was/is in the right place -- just took time to find the way to get here)? If they did make that public response, seriously...what would you do with it? Would you print out 1000's of copies of that post and bath in it while singing your favorite "80's Victory Song"?

This is like the "Fix Desync" threads figurative brother that spent too much time huffing paint: "Why Didn't You Fix Desync Faster?". Also, they didn't fix desync -- they provided an alternate solution that is highly effective over low latency connections. Predictive will still (and always will) have desync. It is quite simply not possible to have that approach and not be slightly out of sync always. Even if you were microns away from the server, you would still be slightly out of sync.

All that pent up anger over something that is soon to be a thing of the past isn't healthy.

Let it go.

"Peace begins with me."

To tell you the truth,that is exactly what i am looking for,my pound of flesh.
I don't need an apology or anything.
In the past i never complained about the desync,because there was never even a discussion that any dev engaged that it might change around - a/i if you don't know any better,you are just fine.
But now that i know that there was always a possibility of implementing a new or/and alternative system it frustrates me that for many years i had to RIP on stuff i never even saw coming when clearly it did not have to be this way.
And the worst part is that everyone now is okay with it because hey...screw the years of frustration and them quite clearly taking a strong stance that syncing is the right and only way to go - it's over now,so who cares about the past.

In reality i am just venting my own frustration,i think i am one of few on interwebs who can clearly admit that what i am actually doing is just plain simple QQ'ing,for a good reason but still.
I get that it's an indie dev who happened to release all in all a great and innovative game (took me several months to find my dropped jaw after seeing passive tree for the first time) and struck on success since diablo 3 was all in all a big mess surrounded by a puff of bad omens,so ofc they were bound to mess sth up,i just wish it wasn't a thing that reflects upon game-play so much.
No rest for the wicked.
Just be thankful. If it wasn't for the thousands and thousands of complains about desync (whIch usually get flame by losers to tell you to suck it up and play around it) lockstep mode would never have been developed at all in the first place.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
"
Daiena wrote:
In the past i never complained about the desync,because there was never even a discussion that any dev engaged that it might change around - a/i if you don't know any better,you are just fine.
But now that i know that there was always a possibility of implementing a new or/and alternative system it frustrates me that for many years i had to RIP on stuff i never even saw coming when clearly it did not have to be this way.
And the worst part is that everyone now is okay with it because hey...screw the years of frustration and them quite clearly taking a strong stance that syncing is the right and only way to go - it's over now,so who cares about the past.

In reality i am just venting my own frustration,i think i am one of few on interwebs who can clearly admit that what i am actually doing is just plain simple QQ'ing,for a good reason but still.
I get that it's an indie dev who happened to release all in all a great and innovative game (took me several months to find my dropped jaw after seeing passive tree for the first time) and struck on success since diablo 3 was all in all a big mess surrounded by a puff of bad omens,so ofc they were bound to mess sth up,i just wish it wasn't a thing that reflects upon game-play so much.

But why QQ, its beta (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beta_release) so that they can test a new function and make sure it works when it does get delivered to you. If it was ready, you would have it. Do you complain that Christmas is not today instead of December 25th, because you want presents now?
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE͔̼͚͕̮̻̟̩̪̖̫̪̦͙̎̑͆̏ͨͅ
So you want them to rewrite the existing beta implementation to fit in to the current non-beta version of the game and to adapt the existing version of the game to handle the changes? So instead of spending time and energy on fixing & improving the existing beta implementation, you want them to duplicate the existing work for a product that will very soon cease to exist (To be superseded by whatever the beta product ends up being)?
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on May 24, 2015, 7:06:29 AM
"
lukeiy wrote:
"
Daiena wrote:

But why QQ, its beta (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beta_release) so that they can test a new function and make sure it works when it does get delivered to you. If it was ready, you would have it. Do you complain that Christmas is not today instead of December 25th, because you want presents now?

No idea what you are on about,this is not my topic,nor am i complaining about them not implementing it on live right now,my point was why did it take years to get to a lockstep system.
No rest for the wicked.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info