New Server Locations for The Awakening Beta

so this is the surprise goodie that carl hinted on yesterday? lol
"
Chris wrote:
"
Hodari wrote:
Oddly enough, before these new servers were added, I was getting around 66ms lag most of the time, using the US server(assuming that was the TX one). I'm on the east coast, so tried the DC server first and now getting 120ms or so. Tried switching back to the TX one and still getting 120+, same for the California one. Not sure if it's just an ISP issue or more people trying the servers all at once now, or something else going on, but seems like no matter which server I'm using, my lag nearly doubled. On the plus side, even with that extra lag, lockstep still feels decent so far.

You have to be careful to test in a new instance. It'll put you in your old one (hosted on the previous server) when you rejoin if it's still open. Move to a new area you haven't been to in the last 15 mins or so?

Yeah, been progressing through completely new areas and still about the same.
Great news!
Last edited by tehnix on May 21, 2015, 1:43:16 AM
Ooh, ooh, I know - how about just releasing a bootable disk image of a gateway server, so I can spin one up on a box right next to my feet? :)
The more you depend on forces outside yourself, the more you are dominated by them.
--Harold Sherman
"
Astray wrote:
And now is a great time to think about servers in south africa?

TRUE THAT! But Still don't think the player base in South Africa is great enough for them to spend that much money...we will just have to deal with the 250+ ping...Still love the game!!
Woop Frankfurt, Awesome!
Brazil servers yes please! So excited for that, even tho I'm from Argentina, but it's close :)
"
My latency is down to 20ms on the beta servers however lockstep still feels extremely jittery. I can't get used to it.

Same. 17ms and it doesn't feel smooth. I'm baffled by the glowing review from everyone else.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
great news :D
keep up the good work
"
Jerle wrote:
"
My latency is down to 20ms on the beta servers however lockstep still feels extremely jittery. I can't get used to it.

Same. 17ms and it doesn't feel smooth. I'm baffled by the glowing review from everyone else.

It's not only about average latency metric, but also about how consistent the connection is. If your network path towards the server is jittery, you will feel it with lockstep much more than with the old predictive mode, since every time the packets are briefly clogged up somewhere and then all arrive in a burst, you will see these jitters in your game.
With predictive mode, your game would just go on predicting the game movement while waiting for those packets, so it would look normal (until it predicted wrong, causing a desync).
The more you depend on forces outside yourself, the more you are dominated by them.
--Harold Sherman
Last edited by mruuh on May 21, 2015, 2:01:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info