New Server Locations for The Awakening Beta

Great news for South American players! But I do have some questions:

If we choose to play on the Brazilian Servers, will we be able to use our old toons? Also, when we play on Brazilian servers, will there be players from all around the world (a regular Gateway, if I understand the meaning of the word correctly) or there will only be Brazilian and South American players? (on trade/general chats, towns, etc).
Potato girl keeps on runnin'
"
Adhesive33 wrote:
Are California servers located in northern or southern california?

If this is accurate, I'm guessing San Jose.

GGG, can I haz one in my backyard? :)
BLAMT!
"
scabre89 wrote:

If we choose to play on the Brazilian Servers, will we be able to use our old toons? Also, when we play on Brazilian servers, will there be players from all around the world (a regular Gateway, if I understand the meaning of the word correctly) or there will only be Brazilian and South American players? (on trade/general chats, towns, etc).

Let me help you out. Break it down for you.

Gateway is just a way for you to connect to the Main server.

Think of it this way. [ Players -> -Gateways- <-> Main server. ]

1) All your toons will remain because there are no changes on the main server.

2) Chat Channels is Global and isn't affected by Gateways. People from different Gateways can be on the same channel as well.

3) Yes you will mostly meet people from your own "Gateway". Do take note that if you have party members that are on a different "Gateway" and they create a Map Instance and you join it, you will be on whatever "Gateway" they are on instead and will be subjected to usual Ping/Latency differences.

Last edited by Mistkron on May 24, 2015, 4:50:36 PM
"
Mistkron wrote:
"
scabre89 wrote:

Let me help you out. Break it down for you.

Gateway is just a way for you to connect to the Main server.

Think of it this way. [ Players -> -Gateways- <-> Main server. ]

1) All your toons will remain because there are no changes on the main server.

2) Chat Channels is Global and isn't affected by Gateways. People from different Gateways can be on the same channel as well.

3) Yes you will mostly meet people from your own "Gateway". Do take note that if you have party members that are on a different "Gateway" and they create a Map Instance and you join it, you will be on whatever "Gateway" they are on instead and will be subjected to usual Ping/Latency differences.

Thank you so much for taking the time to explain how GW's work, now it's crystal clear to me :)

Also, great, exactly what I was hoping to hear.

Cheers.
Potato girl keeps on runnin'
"
Blackuya wrote:
mmm, Im from Spain and i dont rlly know whats best, london or amsterdam, same latency (bout 50-70).What do you guys think? London or Amsterdam?

test via the website linked in this thread on various places
"
Shadowstride wrote:
"
IsoLateJynXx wrote:
i wish nz had a server ):
~DemiDemon~

Playing almost every day since Beta version 0.9.1 in 2011.
"
MadBro_ wrote:
yaaay even more servers for northern europe , lets just give them 10 ping and forget the rest right right RIGHT?

I mean Amsterdam then London and Frankfurt? Dafuq. I understand you probably have most of the players there but i don`t think they needed more servers in the first place , meanwhile the south is nearly completely uncovered .
Hmmm, no supporter packs showing up under your name. Maybe if you put your money where your mouth is you'll get a server?
~DemiDemon~

Playing almost every day since Beta version 0.9.1 in 2011.
SOUTH AMERICAN GATEWAY YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Thank you GGG :3
IGN: INativityInBlackI/Unchainedd
Any news about server locations?
I think a server in Romania would be nice, because lot of people play Path of Exile in a VPN, because of this thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/103073
And the ping from the Server there to the server in the west Europe is horrible.
So to lower the ping for player, who have packet loss and have to play with a VPN, would be really nice and i am so hopeful, that you think about it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info