Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Plz buff Kaoms Heart back to 1000.

"
Shinare wrote:
LOL Yeah, that DOES seem to be the mentality around here. Instead of fixing a problem, nerf something that has nothing to do with it.

Kaom still has almost five times more life than a rare chest, so, if Kaom needs more life then rare chests also need more life, same applies to both. To put some value on it, if life per level went up by 50% that means the value of a single base life point went down by a third.

On the other hand, we got a chest that once had a mod equivalent to four life passives and now it's eight.

So, flat life mod value went down by a third and percentage life mod value doubled, the latter is in a greater disbalance currently so choosing to nerf it over buffing the former would be the logical choice if we wanted to balance these two items.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on May 19, 2015, 1:17:16 PM
"
raics wrote:
Kaom still has almost five times more life than a rare chest...

Compairing a T1 unique to a "rare" chest is just false equivalence.
"
Shinare wrote:

Sure, that's why I compared it to a T1 life roll, an average chest has around 80 life :)

Just think about it, the game is balanced around having a certain amount of flat life and a certain amount of percentage life. Both Kaom and Belly provide extremely high amounts of both, however, Kaom has a serious drawback, Belly doesn't.

Last edited by raics on May 19, 2015, 1:30:17 PM
"
Shinare wrote:
"
raics wrote:

Right I mean a T1 chest has what 2500 armor as well? Evasion is 2700 or so.

Comparing a rare chest to a unqiue chest isn't really fair.

Not to mention rares have sockets....
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Shinare wrote:
"
raics wrote:

Right I mean a T1 chest has what 2500 armor as well? Evasion is 2700 or so.

Comparing a rare chest to a unqiue chest isn't really fair.

Not to mention rares have sockets....

Which is why I've never recognized Kaom's Heart to ever have any value.

If I had one drop, I'd make a youtube video of me destroying it and telling everyone how worthless it is. I'd take six sockets and the value a rare chest has any day.
"
Natharias wrote:
I'd take six sockets and the value a rare chest has any day.

This is exactly why Kaom is well balanced currently, this is what should be the case for all stat-stick uniques. That's also what devs claim is their goal with rare-unique balance all along, so, as you can see, everything is in order and exactly as it should be.

"
raics wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:

This is exactly why Kaom is well balanced currently, this is what should be the case for all stat-stick uniques. That's also what devs claim is their goal with rare-unique balance all along, so, as you can see, everything is in order and exactly as it should be.

It's balanced because it's undesirable? I do not think that word means what you think it means.
We're all in this leaky boat together, people.
"
demon9675 wrote:
"
raics wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:

It's balanced because it's undesirable? I do not think that word means what you think it means.

Undesired by you != by everyone. (incredulity)
"
demon9675 wrote:

Why ask me? I'm not the one making the game and stating that as my balance goal :)

I'm just saying we're wasting time asking them to buff Kaom because it currently fits 100% with their ideal state of affairs. On the other hand, if people prefer Belly to a well-rolled rare chest I'd stockpile a few pieces if I were you because it's in serious danger of going legacy.

"
raics wrote:
"
Shinare wrote:

Sure, that's why I compared it to a T1 life roll, an average chest has around 80 life :)

Just think about it, the game is balanced around having a certain amount of flat life and a certain amount of percentage life. Both Kaom and Belly provide extremely high amounts of both, however, Kaom has a serious drawback, Belly doesn't.

lol they both have serious drawbacks. How about lacking ~2000 armor or evasion? How about shitty or no resistances? How about no sockets?

I think drawback doesnt mean what you think it means.

Both chests are mid tier stuff Belly is just less bad because of sockets. Kaoms is a frekken T1 and I'd rather wear any good rare (t1 armor couple/three t1 resits and t1 life), belly, Splendour, lightning coil or Daresso thats how bad it is.

So would everyone else thats why those cost 26-80EX in 6L format and Koams is 6ex
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 19, 2015, 2:14:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info