Plz buff Kaoms Heart back to 1000.

"
raics wrote:
"
Shinare wrote:
LOL Yeah, that DOES seem to be the mentality around here. Instead of fixing a problem, nerf something that has nothing to do with it.

Kaom still has almost five times more life than a rare chest, so, if Kaom needs more life then rare chests also need more life, same applies to both. To put some value on it, if life per level went up by 50% that means the value of a single base life point went down by a third.

On the other hand, we got a chest that once had a mod equivalent to four life passives and now it's eight.

So, flat life mod value went down by a third and percentage life mod value doubled, the latter is in a greater disbalance currently so choosing to nerf it over buffing the former would be the logical choice if we wanted to balance these two items.

and a good rare pure ES armor can have roughly 800 ES 6 link and good tri ress...

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
raics wrote:
"
Shinare wrote:
Compairing a T1 unique to a "rare" chest is just false equivalence.

Sure, that's why I compared it to a T1 life roll, an average chest has around 80 life :)

Just think about it, the game is balanced around having a certain amount of flat life and a certain amount of percentage life. Both Kaom and Belly provide extremely high amounts of both, however, Kaom has a serious drawback, Belly doesn't.

lol they both have serious drawbacks. How about lacking ~2000 armor or evasion? How about shitty or no resistances? How about no sockets?

I think drawback doesnt mean what you think it means.

Both chests are mid tier stuff Belly is just less bad because of sockets. Kaoms is a frekken T1 and I'd rather wear any good rare (t1 armor couple/three t1 resits and t1 life), belly, Splendour, lightning coil or Daresso thats how bad it is.

Yeah the downsides of the 500 hp chest does not out way the positives, with the only exception really being searing touch users or other strong 2 handed staves.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
If you're suggesting changing existing kaoms to legacy no way it's going to happen, it would destroy the current and rising leg kaom price.

No item has increased as much as leg kaom in the past several months, making all kaoms leg would wipe out alot of wealth, i dont think GGG would even do that... it would make the acuity crash a cakewalk.

if you mean having leg kaoms drop again, then that would be OK (still never going to happen)
Dark_Chicken - lvl 100 Marauder
Divine_Chicken - lvl 100 Duelist
Yup change back to 1K and im in. Not on every build or anything but kaoms, super rare t1, should be #1 choice for lifers and 1k would go a long way to doing that again.
Git R Dun!
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
raics wrote:
"
Shinare wrote:
Compairing a T1 unique to a "rare" chest is just false equivalence.

Sure, that's why I compared it to a T1 life roll, an average chest has around 80 life :)

Just think about it, the game is balanced around having a certain amount of flat life and a certain amount of percentage life. Both Kaom and Belly provide extremely high amounts of both, however, Kaom has a serious drawback, Belly doesn't.

lol they both have serious drawbacks. How about lacking ~2000 armor or evasion? How about shitty or no resistances? How about no sockets?

As I remember it, we were perfectly happy to gloss over those back when it offered an indecent amount of base life. Kaom's armor pieces can't have sockets, that's kinda his trademark, but I'm not against improving it in some other way, no reason it couldn't have high resists, for instance.

Now that you mention it, Voll's items can have sockets, kinda strange for a leader of purity rebellion out for blood of anyone that used the things.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
Dark_Chicken wrote:
If you're suggesting changing existing kaoms to legacy no way it's going to happen, it would destroy the current and rising leg kaom price.

No item has increased as much as leg kaom in the past several months, making all kaoms leg would wipe out alot of wealth, i dont think GGG would even do that... it would make the acuity crash a cakewalk.

if you mean having leg kaoms drop again, then that would be OK (still never going to happen)

alright 760 then

Its basically a low end unique now but drops at T1 rates. Something needs fixing.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 19, 2015, 2:33:09 PM
1000 Life now is roughly equivalent to 600 Life as of the time Kaom's was legacied.

This 750 talk is nonsense. Full 1000. In all seriousness, it would only be slightly better than non-legacy Kaom's was when it was first released.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
This 750 talk is nonsense. Full 1000.

No, life per level was 8 at the time Kaom was made legacy, since then it went up 50% so 750 life seems like an adequate boost. However, life roll on rares stayed the same so Kaom would improve when compared to them.

Five times higher than a T1 rare roll is a good compensation for loss of sockets, however, I agree other part of the drawback might be a bit much. Giving it, say, 2000 armor and a high res all roll should make it very tempting for 2H users. It would have to be carefully considered, we know they don't want to make a stat stick unique best in slot, no matter the rarity

Heh, it might get a slight chaos res penalty then as a flavor mod, Kaom did fall to madness in the end.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on May 19, 2015, 5:10:46 PM
"
raics wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
This 750 talk is nonsense. Full 1000.

No, life per level was 8 at the time Kaom was made legacy,
Not accurate. Kaom's Heart was made legacy and base Life per level to 8 in the same patch (1.0). The last time a legacy Kaom's dropped, it was base 6 life per level. (They basically nerfed it two separate ways in the same patch - typical response?)

A +1000 Kaom's now would feel like a +600 Kaom's would have felt in open beta. Is that clear enough now? And +750 now would feel like +400 in open beta.

And 1.0 Kaom's was a drastic overnerf.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 19, 2015, 6:34:33 PM
"
raics wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:
I'd take six sockets and the value a rare chest has any day.

This is exactly why Kaom is well balanced currently, this is what should be the case for all stat-stick uniques. That's also what devs claim is their goal with rare-unique balance all along, so, as you can see, everything is in order and exactly as it should be.

Either you've really degenerated or have no idea what I was talking about.

I'd rather take 20% of the life Kaom's gives me and get six sockets than 500 life. There's simply no argument. No debate. No reason to even consider Kaom's.

Now if Kaom's gave 1k as per normal, then I might consider it.

Why? A level 80 character has 998 base life. They'll also have 151 strength (assuming a build that uses red gems), which gives another 75 life (rounding down). A total of 1,073.

Regular Kaom's gives half of that. Belly of the Beast gives 40%, which is 429. A rare chest gives 100 base life.

Now last I checked, things like auras, curses, mobility skills, and other skill gems give a considerable boost to survivability. This acts multiplicatively with ALL hit points. Kaom's doesn't, and is only increased by one possible value.

So seeing how BotB gives almost the same amount of life but also 50% life from flasks, I'm sure the extra life from instant flasks would more than outweigh a six-link-...

...Oh, BotB has sockets. Well BotB doesn't give 40% fire damage-...

40% increased damage doesn't mean shit. You can easily use your SIX LINK to get that extra damage.

So please, raics, tell me why you possibly think that Kaom's is right where it should be?

Oh you could, you know, not lie?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info