State of the Beta - Post #3

This is nice :D
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
My my latency sometimes are 80ish ms sometimes around 200+ on sg gateway.
(Location):PH
Duelist is kylo ren -_-
I don't think the gems should come with experience. I had always assumed that the XP system for gems was, in part, to generate opportunity cost for planning in the same way that other ARPGs might, but adjusting for the fact that PoE's skills are itemized rather than something you dump points into on your character sheet. Right now, as long as you're getting XP, you're "putting points" into the abilities you're using, and if you want to make a significant switch, you may, but you begin from nothing in much the same way as in any other RPG.

Under this new system, anyone with a higher level character or friend in the same league will have immediate access to a gem as if they had been leveling it all along, because from the way it's phrased here, it uses the level of the purchaser. It's only a minor bit of cheese, since it only gets you to around level 14, which doesn't take long on a character powerleveling gems in endgame maps anyway. But it's still something I think the game would be better off without if possible. We've been starting our multistrikes and echoes from level 1 while in the 50s for a long time now, and it hasn't been a problem.
Can't await to experience this first iteration of lockstep. This might fix PoE's oldest and possibly biggest issue - great work !

I have a feeling Cyclone will behave like a totally new skill - completely different mana cost and probably less Blood Magic self damage but also less strange lag burst damage ^^

( BTW any notice if there will be a wipe would be welcome - got a new build in pipe that I cant start one day before a possible wipe )

P.S.: I wonder if lockstep will heavily increase the server load since it is like /oos every few milliseconds. Does that mean you need new / more servers / more bandwidth in the future and thus have higher costs ?
When Chuck Norris plays PoE masters do his missions
Last edited by AdFinitum on May 17, 2015, 9:25:33 PM
As always, great updates. I enjoy reading the State of the Beta posts.
need to know if there will be a wipe. the post does not mention any wipe.
8/8 Overachiever
http://twitch.tv/hegemonyTV
http://www.youtube.com/user/hegemonypoe
no wipe?
wipe?
Is Incinerate fixed?
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
"
Uvne wrote:
I don't think the gems should come with experience. I had always assumed that the XP system for gems was, in part, to generate opportunity cost for planning in the same way that other ARPGs might, but adjusting for the fact that PoE's skills are itemized rather than something you dump points into on your character sheet. Right now, as long as you're getting XP, you're "putting points" into the abilities you're using, and if you want to make a significant switch, you may, but you begin from nothing in much the same way as in any other RPG.

Under this new system, anyone with a higher level character or friend in the same league will have immediate access to a gem as if they had been leveling it all along, because from the way it's phrased here, it uses the level of the purchaser. It's only a minor bit of cheese, since it only gets you to around level 14, which doesn't take long on a character powerleveling gems in endgame maps anyway. But it's still something I think the game would be better off without if possible. We've been starting our multistrikes and echoes from level 1 while in the 50s for a long time now, and it hasn't been a problem.

I'd imagine the gems are very low level and as stated, the XP they have is CAPPED at 8 mil.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info