State of the Beta - Post #3

Sounds good. Looking forward to trying out the new goodies and trying out the new vendor gem system. :)
I'm gonna be brutally honest: playing league style - I would assume that 150ms would be the top end of 'acceptably playable latency', and even that is pushing your tolerance, but you could get used to it. Any higher and it would just feel like crap.

So fucking stoked though...the hype is real.
"If you’re incompetent, you can’t know you’re incompetent. […] the skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is." ~David Dunning
i m guessing there is a wipe not too sure

either way i stopped playing beta when i heard there is a wipe for the dubstep implementation.

will try beta again after the wipe has occured (if any)
[Removed by Support]
"
exsea wrote:
i m guessing there is a wipe not too sure

either way i stopped playing beta when i heard there is a wipe for the dubstep implementation.

will try beta again after the wipe has occured (if any)

Woop woop HYPE
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
For all the people asking about a wipe, important parts in bold:

"
Chris wrote:
I personally don't know if there's going to be a wipe. Carl will handle that decision without my involvement.

I plan to play the Beta over the weekend regardless of whether there's a wipe next week or lot. There's a lot of cool stuff to test and I'm personally not bothered by playing through again if there is a wipe. Some players might choose to hold off on making characters on the off-chance that there is a wipe, but there's going to be no decision or announcement until the day. If that uncertainty is a big issue for you, play some Flashback Leagues in the meantime and wait for the patch day to see if a wipe occurs.

What the *poop* are these leech changes?
This has been a semi-talking about of GGG for like 3 podcats and 4-5 anns. In what magival way is leech changing that will fix so many game problems (I love being 100-0'd with 0 counterplay options available because "game design" right? Seriously, COUNTER PLAY IS ESSENTIAL IN MODERN, INTELLIGENT GAME DESIGN).
Last edited by posterier on May 17, 2015, 9:38:59 PM
"during the NZ workday"

when do we get an exact time?
"
BeRse wrote:
"during the NZ workday"

when do we get an exact time?

About 30 minutes before we deploy.

"Deterministic Lockstep is intended for users with low latency."

This is bothering me. This is the latest of several times I've heard this. Am I thinking backwards? To me, low latency is good and lockstep should be meant for those with high latency. Otherwise, thanks for the update!!

"
Act 4 areas and bosses past the Rapture Device are currently scheduled to be added in three weeks.

.... that's far mannnn
Archives, https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2206812

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info