Opinions needed

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
You dont need to trade but you'll be working a sub optimal setup considering the wide itemization this game has. Its not like d3 where its all 4 stat gear with AR life CC CD being used by everyone equally well. I wont go so far as to say its trade to play but damn near it if you wish to reach end game. There is like 40 types or more of summoners. You can play hybrid, low life, life, CI then on offensive end there is SRS, spectrails etc. when you multiply defensive option by offensive the numbers of builds are staggering.

That's a pretty artificial way to tout so many "builds" but ya.

You clearly haven't played it since RoS.

I played it. Nothing changed.

Everyone was archon wizard till 1.3
everyone was CM wizard till ros
now everyone is a Firebird Hydra

Umm, no not really.

All the top season 3 guys, no one's playing hydra, try again.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/14269397757

E: my bad I see FOUR in the top 50! lol.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/rankings/season/3/rift-team-4

Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on May 13, 2015, 3:23:04 PM
I was clearly talking about wizards. I understand why u like d3 tho.
Git R Dun!
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I was clearly talking about wizards. I understand why u like d3 tho.

Heh, can't back your claims so you resort to what you think amounts to an insult. GG

For the record I do like it. :)

Wizards haven't been the meta in forever, you don't like the game, that's cool. Don't speak on it when you clearly have no clue, then get upset when someone calls you out on your misinformed statement.

E: To be clear; its FOUR wizards total in top 50, not just hydra builds. ;)
Last edited by TheWretch on May 13, 2015, 3:50:56 PM
Is it possible to solo the game? Also do you have to be online to play?
"
Mamasonlyson wrote:
Is it possible to solo the game? Also do you have to be online to play?

Yes and yes. Although solo'ing will prove to be tougher in the end game.
I play strictly solo.
"
Mamasonlyson wrote:
First time poster here so I hope this thread is in the right place. I just wanted some peoples thoughts on Poe and other rpg arpg games whatever there cAlled. This is my situation I love d2 but I'm looking for a new game to play when I get burnt out I have not played Poe yet due to work. I'm looking for a game with great 1 customization in builds ( I love the summoning shit) and a game where I 2 don't have to trade constantly to have a decent character and a 3 ton of replay ability.

1) PoE has HUGE customization when it comes to builds - and A LOT of them will take you to the highest tier maps.

2) Drop rates in PoE are balanced around trade. The economy is one of the most important aspects of the game, if you ask the developers

3) See point one. HUGE customization = replay value.

I can't see ONE single reason not to try PoE.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Ok here's my opinion on what to expect if you prefer not to spend much time trading.

In my couple years playing I have bought perhaps 2 or 3 skill gems. I have bought perhaps 2 or 3 items.

I have sold perhaps 2 or 3 items.

That's it.

Have I ever been locked out of a build I wanted to try? No.

However you have to realize you will be limited on your 1st char you level. You will probably hit a wall at some point. I could be anywhere from level 50 (if you do a bad job with the skill tree) to level 70 (need better gear).

So.. level another char.

Then level another char.

And you will build up a supply of currency, leveling gear, higher end gear, uniques, etc...

With each character you level you are better of with more build types open to you.

There's plenty of builds that can be successful on the cheap.
The really cool aspect of PoE here is that every "currency" item has a use as well. They do stuff to the items. Traders use them as currency, but solo players can still use them to modify items or purchase items from the NPCs.

Really high end players use a whole lot of currency to make really really good (too good) items for trade or what is called "mirroring" which is an endorsed method of duping an item within the game.

You'll likely never get to that level... it takes a huge investment of time and real work.
PoE beats any other current arpg. It's definitely not without it's flaws. The biggest being desync which if all works out as planned will be gone or greatly reduced by July when version 2.0 is released. Other notable of PoE are:

1. Huge build diversity with a humongous passive tree build variety.
2. Long term playing (multi-year)
3. great storyline
4. great community
5. great developer communication with players

You should hang around and not bail until PoE 2.0 is released. Many problems should be fixed so play PoE 1.3.x until 2.0 is out in early July (hoping that no major setbacks occur to delay its release) and then we all will be able to see if GGG can deliver on its promises.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info