Incident Report for Item Loss Bug

They cannot distinguish item deletetion by vendoring etc. from this bug. They can restore items (heck, even create new ones) on the live servers, but refuse to do so without a legitamate reason (whole characters being deleteted by a bug might be a thing? This would have different ways of tracking), but refuse to do so, as it wouldnt be healthy for the game in the long run.
for the lost mod on shavs, sockets on helmet/cybils, they are still there on the servers, which is why they cant just restore those things. (JUST LIKE THEY CANNOT RETROACTIVELY NERF CoD etc. WITHOUT A DOWNTIME OF HOURS) you can still reroll this stuff with a divine (for the shavs). i dont know if cybils/helmet are fixable, as there were gems in the sockets, so you cant just jeweller orb it.
"
They cannot distinguish item deletetion by vendoring etc. from this bug. They can restore items (heck, even create new ones) on the live servers, but refuse to do so without a legitamate reason (whole characters being deleteted by a bug might be a thing? This would have different ways of tracking), but refuse to do so, as it wouldnt be healthy for the game in the long run.
for the lost mod on shavs, sockets on helmet/cybils, they are still there on the servers, which is why they cant just restore those things. (JUST LIKE THEY CANNOT RETROACTIVELY NERF CoD etc. WITHOUT A DOWNTIME OF HOURS) you can still reroll this stuff with a divine (for the shavs). i dont know if cybils/helmet are fixable, as there were gems in the sockets, so you cant just jeweller orb it.

Uh, wouldn't be healthy for the game in the long run? Delusional much? You do realize that most of the items lost by players were by top supporters (read GGG's meal tickets) and that most of the items lost were likely in Standard league (whose economy is pretty much fucked as is). I think you're definitely off by saying "wouldn't be healthy for the game". On the contrary, I think that those affected would be more prone to thinking GGG had their backs when they lost something precious that they had no control over. "Wow, you guys have got my back! Here take more of my money!" versus "Well, there goes the last 6 months of saving up to buy that Shavronne's and then 6L it...do I really want to start over from scratch?...Nope, on to greener pastures..."

And in response to the "1 month of progress lost by rolling back" responses: One month of what progress? Beta? The 1 month league has only been going for a week now? And I doubt the bulk of the items vanishing all occurred a month ago, being that there's been a direct correlation between supporter packs and this bug taking place.
Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/
Last edited by JNF on May 13, 2015, 4:33:05 AM
"

its quite known that there are duped acuities in std

???

AFAIK duping unique/gear was not possible, duping (stack of ) currencies was though.
IGN TylordRampage
Uh, wouldn't be healthy for the game in the long run? Delusional much? You do realize that most of the items lost by players were by top supporters (read GGG's meal tickets) and that most of the items lost were likely in Standard league (whose economy is pretty much fucked as is). I think you're definitely off by saying "wouldn't be healthy for the game". On the contrary, I think that those affected would be more prone to thinking GGG had their backs when they lost something precious that they had no control over. "Wow, you guys have got my back! Here take more of my money!" versus "Well, there goes the last 6 months of saving up to buy that Shavronne's and then 6L it...do I really want to start over from scratch?...Nope, on to greener pastures..."

And in response to the "1 month of progress lost by rolling back" responses: One month of what progress? Beta? The 1 month league has only been going for a week now? And I doubt the bulk of the items vanishing all occurred a month ago, being that there's been a direct correlation between supporter packs and this bug taking place.[/quote]

^ what this guy says when it vanished I didn't go ' oh shit! ' I and others - from the multiple forums posted - though GGG would do the right thing and replace it or at least give some type of compensation, -I lost my main weapon and skills for 4-5 days now and don't see me replacing the skills anytime soon- its not the loss of the item - for me at least - that has annoyed me the most its the in-action GGG has taken on this matter item loss is a major issue for games, but thank you JNF it seemed to me no-one got the point.
Last edited by Peopleofwar on May 13, 2015, 4:47:22 AM
Supporter pack sales are dropping. I can feel it.
Yes, GGG, we are extremely sorry that we can't do anything about it.
It's just that there is absolutely no way for us to tell if this will happen with the microtransactions again.
Again, we're extremely sorry.

So, touche to that.

You ragers and haters happy now?
That is no argument of a hater or rager. It is the top argument of every potential customer in a capitalistic world. It is a fair one. Especially when the money you give is claimed as "support". Imagine that: You support a company and with your support you receive bug. Why the heck should you ever support again? And the only answer you get is "sorry, can't do anything about it". No warning also. Nah. This is customer's choice. And again: This is a f2p game, yes. But it is a game designed to make money. GGG is not a bunch of gaming-ghandis that do things just for good. It is a company. Whether or not their product is f2p: They fall under the same market-rules as any other company out there. There is so much naive nostalgic, "protect the underdog"-argumentation here, that i must say: Even if i think that GGG's PR is not good, this was a masterpiece. "We are the little ones. Everything we do must be seen under this claim. We are a small company just trying to make the world better". Yeah no. It is a company. And other companies would rip their arms of if they could have some fanbase like GGG has: Whatever they do, they get protected. Even if there is NOTHING to defend from a reasonable viewpoint.
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
Question for all those that keep whining and having a go at GGG for a lost/changed item.

Which of the following applies to you after losing that dear item of yours :
1- I ended up homeless
2- I lost an arm/leg/b@lls/a part of my body
3- I don't have anything to eat now
4- I lost my family
5- None of the above. I'll go back to grinding and stop crying over pixels lost in a game I'm playing for fun.

If you really want to see good bugs coming from closed and open source software with a lot more dev's check the Microsoft and Linux bug list (mainly the security part). Or just think "Heart Bleed". If you don't even know what "Heart bleed" is then why the hell are you even talking ?
Go ask Microsoft for the data lost from your desktop when Windows Crashed.

Thank you.

P.S. I don't know if i lost anything or not but i got over it after buying a supported pack.

Edit reason: Small typo.
Last edited by Blue_Monk_Evil on May 13, 2015, 8:26:54 AM
"
Question for all those that keep whining and having a go at GGG for a lost/changed item.

Which of the following applies to you after losing that dear item of yours :
1- I ended up homeless
2- I lost an arm/leg/b@lls/a part of my body
3- I don't have anything to eat now
4- I lost my family
5- None of the above. I'll go back to grinding and stop crying over pixels lost in a game I'm playing for fun.

If you really want to see good bugs coming from closed and open source software with a lot more dev's check the Microsoft and Linux bug list (mainly the security part). Or just think "Heart Bleed". If you don't even know what "Heart bleed" is then why the hell are you even talking ?
Go ask Microsoft for the data lost from your desktop when Windows Crashed.

Thank you.

P.S. I don't know if i lost anything or not but i got over it after buying a supported pack.

Edit reason: Small typo.

Well then could you please give me your account username and password to see if there's any item I could use? After all it's just pixels,not like you'll lose an arm or something.
EDIT: Good luck grinding another 200 ex when you lose a legacy shav or acuity or something.
If I had items worth 4-5 ex each max I wouldn't worry,but right now I do.
Last edited by PsOfOs on May 13, 2015, 9:37:00 AM
And complaining about item loss and no way for people to get them back is not whinning.
People give money and time in this game.
Losing an item like it's nothing is unacceptable.
I hope ggg will find a way to prevent future incidents like this.
"
Malone wrote:
"

its quite known that there are duped acuities in std

???

AFAIK duping unique/gear was not possible, duping (stack of ) currencies was though.

there is ilvl 81 uber atziri gear. which is just not possible. there is probably a LOT of shit duped in std

"
JNF wrote:

And in response to the "1 month of progress lost by rolling back" responses: One month of what progress? Beta? The 1 month league has only been going for a week now? And I doubt the bulk of the items vanishing all occurred a month ago, being that there's been a direct correlation between supporter packs and this bug taking place.

they have no way of determening a real item loss by a bug, and a such refuse to restore lost items completely, because as said, humans are bad. by not healthy i mean that they, if they want to keep the community atleast a bit quiet, dont want to create new items. everyone (you know what i mean) would be like "hey i lost a stack of mirrors restore plox".

also: im not saying they shouldnt restore items lost by a bug. im saying they cant, but should aim for a way to make such a thing a viable possibility in the future (which might just never happen).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info