Incident Report for Item Loss Bug

Well, just going to start with as far as I know I didn't lose anything but...

If I had lost a 6L and MTX I paid for or played for ( Red/Blue Seraph Set ) I would be pretty upset.

Definitely think these people should be recompensate somehow, it seems the only fair thing to do GGG!

Hopefully this gets resorted, feel bad for the people who lost stuff :(
"
Josephoenix wrote:
"
Druga1757 wrote:
Again, there's a log for it. So people who didn't vaal, and items were deleted (ie., not sold to vendor) have a legit claim. It's only 300 cases, we're not talking thousands that have to be reviewed. All the obvious ones could be restored, the questionable ones could be investigated further to weed out scammers.

you don't seem to have a grasp as to how the GGG system works. Chris says: "We believe that less than 300 items were affected in total".

which means they do "not" have a log of which items went missing or were changed. He is stating that GGG "believes" it's approximately 300 items that were affected.

There is nothing that they can do, with the resources they have, to remedy this situation in an efficient manner. There is a reason that the ToU states that lost items will not be returned.

Perhaps in the future they will adopt a different system that indeed has these "magical logs" of which you speak... but for the moment they do not exist. Arguing, repeatedly I might add, using an invalid point (these "non-existent" logs) does not further your point. I agree that it would be nice if GGG had the ability to fix problems like this, in an efficient and timely manner, but until that option exists we are left to accept there explanation and their apology.

Whether we like it, or not.

I don't understand why you keep fishing for excuses. First, they won't do it bc people falsely claiming lost items. I quoted Chris saying that lost items log the same as a deleted item, so there's a papertrail of character actions. They can tell if someone is making up a false claim. Then, you drop the false claims and then it's vaaling then deleting. Again, there's a log/papertrail of people purposely vaaling and deleted failed vaal's. Now, you're denying they have logs after Chris just explained they have logs? And I'm the one that doesn't understand how GGG works?

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

"
bersi23 wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:
Seriously, most of the people posting on this thread to express their "outrage" weren't even directly affected.

Haven't ya'll anything better to do than get worked up over an "injustice" on an online game forum? Plenty of real injustice in the world to apply your energies to. This nonsense just makes y'all look like a buncha goobers. =0[.]o=

You dont need to be affected directly to care about possible dangers. It is how our life works, RL or VL. IF you see in RL someone losing his belongings for no reason, you automatically think "oh shit, I could be the next". Or not?

Read the majority or posts, and you won't see "that could've been me," so much as "GGG is unfair!"

This is the typical fauxrage you get from people who don't have a real dog in the fight, but want something to feel angry about, because it inflames their own, self-righteous indignation, providing a false sense of moral elevation.

*Rabble rabble rabble!* =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
ghamadvar wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:
Seriously, most of the people posting on this thread to express their "outrage" weren't even directly affected.

Haven't ya'll anything better to do than get worked up over an "injustice" on an online game forum? Plenty of real injustice in the world to apply your energies to.

This logic bombs me every time it pops up. "Only act when you are directly affected. But don't forget to save the world."

I'm commenting on the priorities of people getting worked up over a perceived "injustice" (in an online video game, from a company which, when you look at things in context, have been WAY more fair in how they treat their players than most), but who can't be assed to work up such outrage toward meaningful issues. Fauxrage. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Spoiler
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
ghamadvar wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:

Haven't ya'll anything better to do than get worked up over an "injustice" on an online game forum? Plenty of real injustice in the world to apply your energies to.

This logic bombs me every time it pops up. "Only act when you are directly affected. But don't forget to save the world."

here was a long part. deleted it.

Short: You don't know peoples' priorities just by reading their postings here. You simply don't. Please don't take anything personal. I get you. And maybe a part of me understands what you are complaining about. But there is no obvious reason for this. A guy who rages on a traincompany-worker for their trains being late (which in most cases is a true rage against the wrong target) can still save a child minutes later at the station platform ;)
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
Last edited by ghamadvar on May 12, 2015, 1:13:08 PM
I apologize for assuming that most players posting their concerns about this issue do not also expend their energy on more meaningful, real-world issues.

...But I'd bet most of them don't. =^[.]^=
As i said: A part of me totally gets what you are meaning.

And nods. ;)
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
"
Raycheetah wrote:
I apologize for assuming that most players posting their concerns about this issue do not also expend their energy on more meaningful, real-world issues.

Ok well noted, I would also like to propose a bet, you'd be singing a different tune if you were affected. [insert emoticon]
"
A35hm4 wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:

Ok well noted, I would also like to propose a bet, you'd be singing a different tune if you were affected. [insert emoticon]

Who wouldn't be. If anything, I would be 10 times more outraged than now.
If this were to happen to me, the only thing that will keep me from QQ-ing is the bet, had I taken it.

GGG calls the shots, there's that.
Still disappointed that such a bug could even exist.... guess those people will have to vent their angers elsewhere.
"
A35hm4 wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:

no. most alpha players i know are different from the other player folks.

they love the game, defend it because they know about the fragile nature of "free to play"-projects which mostly hangs on the motivation of bosses and lead devs (which is dependend on the overal feedback for their game) and are used to permanent starting from scratch.

there is mostly never any prancing about status or items or entitlement, they're proud to contribute to the community and taking on the challenge to break the game in the shortest time using all available means. that's it.

^ that is the other folks, not me
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info